Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Mastercheddaar

Like Whatever Who Cares... Preseason Week 1 GDT

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ninjapirate said:

apparently dillard looked really good so thats cool

Yep, pass blocking was as advertised. Didn’t get to see much of the run blocking because we didn’t really run it all that well

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Didn’t watch any of it. What did I miss? 

Dillard looked solid, JJ showed off some of his skill set, Goedert will be a monster in this league.that one DE Hall showed some promise.

Michel had a nice burner down the field for a TD.

He was one one of the handful of guys who seemed like they really want to make the roster, just as many guys put in solid evidence that they dont.

also Clayton Thorson looked like a waste of a pick his first time out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Dillard looked solid, JJ showed off some of his skill set, Goedert will be a monster in this league.that one DE Hall showed some promise.

Michel had a nice burner down the field for a TD.

He was one one of the handful of guys who seemed like they really want to make the roster, just as many guys put in solid evidence that they dont.

also Clayton Thorson looked like a waste of a pick his first time out

I'm so glad we kept Goedert away from the Cowboys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Danger said:

I'm so glad we kept Goedert away from the Cowboys.

What?!? they were always locked in on a weak guard instead of him, all went according to plan.

nothing is wrong in Texas 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think, with a heavy week 1 of preseason pill, that the only thing this game got me excited about was this...

We potentially have the pieces in place to grow for the next phase of the Wentz era. Goedert legitimately could become the best TE in fb in the future with his skills as a catcher and blocking.

Very small sample, but you could see the flashes with JJ...he’s like a Alshon with better all around athleticism/bend.

Not only did Dillard look polished, but Mailata looked solid what little bit I saw of him. Lane isn’t leaving anytime soon. If they can essentially lockdown tackle for the next 5-8 years already that’s amazing.

couple that with camp reports on Miles Sanders, didn’t get to see him a ton yesterday, and you have to be optimistic that while we are in a super bowl window now...that more windows will be opening up as we go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also we aren’t getting a 4th round comp pick

Sendejo looked good and Fort showed off his athleticism running around last night. I think Sendejo is a lock, and Fort probably will be to with no Kamu 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Kiltman said:

Also we aren’t getting a 4th round comp pick

Sendejo looked good and Fort showed off his athleticism running around last night. I think Sendejo is a lock, and Fort probably will be to with no Kamu 

Supposedly we can hand on to both of them until Week 10? I expect Howie will just delay it as long as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Danger said:

Supposedly we can hand on to both of them until Week 10? I expect Howie will just delay it as long as possible.

Yeah, I’m sure they will revisit it. Like if Kamu comes back by then or they add someone via FA or trade....right now though not looking like we will though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

UGH! I swear guys spoiler alerts would be nice! I'm not going to get to see the game until Sat at 8am. I got it DVRing from NFL Network lol. I could probably fast forward through most of it and watch the whole thing in about 30 minutes.  Is there anything worth watching?

Fly Eagles Fly

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

UGH! I swear guys spoiler alerts would be nice! I'm not going to get to see the game until Sat at 8am. I got it DVRing from NFL Network lol. I could probably fast forward through most of it and watch the whole thing in about 30 minutes.  Is there anything worth watching?

Fly Eagles Fly

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

2nd quarter is eventful, outside of that, not a big deal. IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Mastercheddaar said:

UGH! I swear guys spoiler alerts would be nice! I'm not going to get to see the game until Sat at 8am. I got it DVRing from NFL Network lol. I could probably fast forward through most of it and watch the whole thing in about 30 minutes.  Is there anything worth watching?

Fly Eagles Fly

Master "The Haul" Cheddaar

Michel’s TD, Dillard blocking and Hall beasting depth guys in the mid to late part of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Watching the game, for the time I focused on Mailata he looked good. I went to the open practice and he didn’t look very promising. He was even doing most of the pad holding for the OL drills which I though was damning. But actually watching him play he looked to have a nice quick kick step and didn’t seem to let any pressure in. Running plays looked weak for the couple times I exclusively watched him. But I’m hearing he’s still a major work in progress and he won’t be dressing if he makes the team. Surprised me. Anybody see or hear anything else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jroc04 said:

Watching the game, for the time I focused on Mailata he looked good. I went to the open practice and he didn’t look very promising. He was even doing most of the pad holding for the OL drills which I though was damning. But actually watching him play he looked to have a nice quick kick step and didn’t seem to let any pressure in. Running plays looked weak for the couple times I exclusively watched him. But I’m hearing he’s still a major work in progress and he won’t be dressing if he makes the team. Surprised me. Anybody see or hear anything else?

Yeah they’ve been railing on him on the radio

I noticed a lot of good sound play

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

he’s in his 2nd year playing football ever, there’s gonna be some things that need ironed out. All that hype he got last year is hurting how people think of him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah they’ve been railing on him on the radio

I noticed a lot of good sound play

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

he’s in his 2nd year playing football ever, there’s gonna be some things that need ironed out. All that hype he got last year is hurting how people think of him. 

This is what Spadaro said about it:

12. A very nice job – at first glance – from first-round draft pick Andre Dillard at left tackle and second-year man Jordan Mailata on the right side. It wasn’t perfect, by no means, but they both played pretty darn well, it seemed. Dillard was particularly impressive with his athleticism and technique. Mailata handled one-on-one pass rushing well. The Titans had success on Mailata’s side on one blitz and sacked Sudfeld, but I’m not sure that was all on Mailata.

 

Spuds is a complete homer and company boy and I don’t like him but that’s more or less what I seen with my eyes. Maybe that sack spoiled the batch for fans or observers. 

Sort of what you’d expect. Mailata will have more issues picking up blitz packages than anything else. What I saw was promising after being close to off board with him. Interested to see some more next game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

What the Australian Giant is doing is downright Impressive if you ask me. Can't fathom how difficult it must be not only learning this playbook but the Technique / Skillset needed to play OL in the NFL.

Kids who have played, went to college, been drafted to the NFL after playing their entire lives in the sport, Struggle as Rookies, 2nd year players. 

I'm fine with his progression and their patience . Payoff is to great not to. All I can think of is how quickly everyone and the Staff gave up on former Project Villanueva now in Pittsburgh.  

Edited by Nabbs4u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×