Jump to content
detroitroar

Lions vs Pat's GDT

Recommended Posts

He might not make the final roster, but I expect Killabrew to get significant looks at LB tonight. He's a heavy hitter, I'd like to see a few of those tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to see us not look foolish.  Hoping everyone stays healthy and looking forward to seeing some of the young fringe guys like Fulgham, Ty Johnson, Killabrew, etc make some plays.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All of the rookies, especially Jahlani Tavaii and Ty Johnson.  I am really excited about What they could bring to their respective positions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd like to see us not look foolish.  Hoping everyone stays healthy and looking forward to seeing some of the young fringe guys like Fulgham, Ty Johnson, Killabrew, etc make some plays.

Well, looks like I didn't get my wish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheesh.

If we clobbered them ,everyone, including myself, would point out how it doesn't matter.

Stop crying so this place can have some enjoyment for those who aren't jaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Sllim Pickens said:

I'd like to see us not look foolish.  Hoping everyone stays healthy and looking forward to seeing some of the young fringe guys like Fulgham, Ty Johnson, Killabrew, etc make some plays.

(Ron Howard voice) "They did"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nnivolcm said:

Anyone watch?

Yeah I watched the whole game. 

We got dominated in the trenches on both sides.

The Pat's were blitzing and running a lot of stunts where as we seemed much more vanilla on D.

Some standout players I thought;

-Killibrew

-Ty Johnson

-Jesse James in limited action

-Erick Lee

Our receivers were particularly bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was half-watching/listening while doing some work at home. A few thoughts:

- Reports were suggesting that Kearse was doing fairly well and probably would have been in the mix to be in the top 5 WR's by cut time. That doesn't help with our depth. Hopefully someone on the roster shows up

- A post-game article had highlighted some poor players from last night, including Tyrell Crosby. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence if Decker goes down for any period of time

- TY Johnson was up and down but showed some flashes. He's a rookie, so that should be expected

- Killebrew played well. I feel like they might be giving him some air time as a trade option

- Savage had a concussion and Fales totally whiffed. The search for a decent back-up QB continues.

 

It's one game and it's the pre-season. I'm not going to jump off a cliff but this game left us with more questions than answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the first pre-season games doesn't mean a whole lot.  I suspect it is more about player evaluation than anything else.  Still, we should be paying attention to the waiver wire for an upgrade at guard.  Kenny Wiggins was just so-so last year and seemed just so-so again.  Ty Johnson looks like a solid find.  I think a better evaluation of the Lions will come in Week 3 of the pre-season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Karnage84 said:

I was half-watching/listening while doing some work at home. A few thoughts:

- Reports were suggesting that Kearse was doing fairly well and probably would have been in the mix to be in the top 5 WR's by cut time. That doesn't help with our depth. Hopefully someone on the roster shows up

- A post-game article had highlighted some poor players from last night, including Tyrell Crosby. That doesn't give me a lot of confidence if Decker goes down for any period of time

- TY Johnson was up and down but showed some flashes. He's a rookie, so that should be expected

- Killebrew played well. I feel like they might be giving him some air time as a trade option

- Savage had a concussion and Fales totally whiffed. The search for a decent back-up QB continues.

 

It's one game and it's the pre-season. I'm not going to jump off a cliff but this game left us with more questions than answers.

I wondered about Savage when he went down, it looked like it hurt. 

Gotta say Kudos to Kearse also. That injury looked nasty and he didn't even look like he was in pain from what I saw. 

I thought Ty Johnson looked like he's got some wheels. Pass Pro needs some work, but he looks like he can move. 

Killebrew got lost in coverage a couple times, but looked good outside of that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, detroitroar said:

Sheesh.

If we clobbered them ,everyone, including myself, would point out how it doesn't matter.

Stop crying so this place can have some enjoyment for those who aren't jaded.

We all know it doesn't mean much.  None of the starters played outside of Slay playing a few snaps.  We for sure will be better but its still embarrassing watching out backups get murdered by other backups.  Shows our depth and young guys have a long ways to go which when we have injuries.  I still have hope, but that was an embarrassment yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×