Lions vs Pat's GDT

detroitroar

10 hours ago, NFL_Fan said:

I just dont get how this team can legally be so bad year after year. Can we sue them? lol

LOL.......I understand your pain. 

The Lions as an organization haven’t had an original thought in 40 years. Combine that with GM’s that have been ineffective and, well, we get years of losing and frustration.

i remain somewhat optimistic because Quinn seems to understand the importance of line play and has continued to upgrade every season. For years this team spent its resources on shiny position players without regard to the guys that make a football team work. Now that it’s changed they should be able to move forward.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Karnage84 said:

It took you only 5 years to jump ship? @diehardlionfan has been sticking around for like 40 years.

I think everyone here would agree, we all want to see good football in general. It would be even more special to most of us here if those games were by the Lions. Maybe it's just me but that's when things get way more exciting. I can only imagine what it's like being a Browns fan right now as a team that appears to be on the rise.

Not to date myself🤠but it's been 55 years. I began cheering for the Lions in 1964. 

I have come to grips with the fact I likely won’t ever see them win a playoff game much less a Super Bowl.

On 8/10/2019 at 6:43 AM, diehardlionfan said:

Not to date myself🤠but it's been 55 years. I began cheering for the Lions in 1964. 

I have come to grips with the fact I likely won’t ever see them win a playoff game much less a Super Bowl.

I still have high hopes for this team. I do still feel like this is the year we start to put it ll together. As you mentioned previously, Quinn has been building the team through the trenches for 3 consecutive drafts while being picking up a deep collection of skill players along the way.

This preseason loss to the Patriots does nothing to change this for me. This was a preseason game where nothing matters but evaluation. Cant say I have been around as long as you Diehard, but I have been around for my fair share of "Same Old Lions". How many preseasons where we 4-0, 3-1, and then go on to have double digit loses? 

I still feel that the way the team is constructed gives a real good chance each week. I see no reason outside of very poor health that our Defense is not top 7-10. Like, good enough to keep us very competitive the majority of our games. If our offense can be even middle of the pack (very realistic), I think we will be in the thick of the division race this year. 

I can say this with an objective opinion of the roster. This is not a case of "drinking the koolaid", as it were :)

• Like 3

12 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

I still have high hopes for this team. I do still feel like this is the year we start to put it ll together. As you mentioned previously, Quinn has been building the team through the trenches for 3 consecutive drafts while being picking up a deep collection of skill players along the way.

This preseason loss to the Patriots does nothing to change this for me. This was a preseason game where nothing matters but evaluation. Cant say I have been around as long as you Diehard, but I have been around for my fair share of "Same Old Lions". How many preseasons where we 4-0, 3-1, and then go on to have double digit loses? 

I still feel that the way the team is constructed gives a real good chance each week. I see no reason outside of very poor health that our Defense is not top 7-10. Like, good enough to keep us very competitive the majority of our games. If our offense can be even middle of the pack (very realistic), I think we will be in the thick of the division race this year. 

I can say this with an objective opinion of the roster. This is not a case of "drinking the koolaid", as it were :)

I'm on board with everything that you're selling here.

The team is going to lean on the defense and should be back in the top 10. Assuming that we can be there consistently throughout the season, we'll be in decent shape. As long as the offense can be in the top 16-18 (with our top 10 defense) we should be competitive.

20 hours ago, BarryTheBest said:

I’m glad you’re optimistic. I’m an old buzzard sitting on the fence not sure which way to fall.🤠

I have concerns about the secondary. However if the line plays up to its potential that should mitigate most of my concerns.

The offence scares me. Stafford has always seemed to need a rhythm to get himself established. Last year the dedication to running the ball seemed to be a detriment to the offence as a whole and Stafford specifically.

As for pre season games I usually don’t put much stock in them. That said Detroit’s level of incompetence was pretty epic. When they get beaten that badly I pay attention.