Jump to content
Adrenaline_Flux

~~\\~~ Jaguars Preseason Game Thread ~~//~~

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
On 8/25/2019 at 5:06 PM, LinderFournette said:

Yes because week 1 i expect us to need atleast 30 points to have a xhance because that chiefs offense has alot of talent and while our defense is good they have a ton of speed so very much at risk of 1 mistake and he gone. 

Lamar Miller pretty much proved the significance of the preseason look no further than that for if you feel that the team needs the reps. I want to take you back to 2017 when the team had a ton of questions going into the reg season game against the Texans. And they played fine coming out the gate when a lot of people expected them to get their doors blown off by the Texans after the hurricane. So the prep is all in the work leading into the game and how they implement the game plan with how they execute. No starters league wide will play in the 4th game unless they are possible fringe cut guys no starting QBs, RBs, WRs will suit up for their respective squads until Reg season debuts.

Edited by DuvalsKing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 4:21 PM, DuvalsKing said:

Don’t be shocked if K. Cole doesn’t make the roster.

Such a shame too, he seemed to be a good UDFA find for a while

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/25/2019 at 5:06 PM, LinderFournette said:

Yes because week 1 i expect us to need atleast 30 points to have a xhance because that chiefs offense has alot of talent and while our defense is good they have a ton of speed so very much at risk of 1 mistake and he gone. 

At the very least they are much worse at RB and therefore we can keep an extra eye on Hill. I know we need to score more but I just dont think it will matter THAT much to get a few risky snaps in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At the very least they are much worse at RB and therefore we can keep an extra eye on Hill. I know we need to score more but I just dont think it will matter THAT much to get a few risky snaps in

A few snaps in game situation which the starting offense has played 1 half together isnt enough tine for them to be on the same page in games.  Practice looks good but in game im not impressed at all with our offense. 

 

I think your discounting their run game because williams runs a good 4.44 40 at 225lbs appx and averaged a healthy 5 yards a carry last year.  Thompson looks legit and williams was a decent udfa rookie last year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, DuvalsKing said:

Lamar Miller pretty much proved the significance of the preseason look no further than that for if you feel that the team needs the reps. I want to take you back to 2017 when the team had a ton of questions going into the reg season game against the Texans. And they played fine coming out the gate when a lot of people expected them to get their doors blown off by the Texans after the hurricane. So the prep is all in the work leading into the game and how they implement the game plan with how they execute. No starters league wide will play in the 4th game unless they are possible fringe cut guys no starting QBs, RBs, WRs will suit up for their respective squads until Reg season debuts.

Miller shouldn't have been playing cuz hes been in the same offense for a few years. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, LinderFournette said:

A few snaps in game situation which the starting offense has played 1 half together isnt enough tine for them to be on the same page in games.  Practice looks good but in game im not impressed at all with our offense. 

 

I think your discounting their run game because williams runs a good 4.44 40 at 225lbs appx and averaged a healthy 5 yards a carry last year.  Thompson looks legit and williams was a decent udfa rookie last year. 

And what happens if the other team plays 0 backups? Does it even matter if the offense looks good then?

He averaged 5 YPC for 50 carries...why is that impressive?

Corey Grant averaged 5.6 for his career!...but like 80 carries 

Edited by JaguarCrazy2832

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25/08/2019 at 11:42 AM, LinderFournette said:

I want the starters on offense for 2 drives cuz the offense is out of sync.  Defensively no starters

I don't know how much difference it would make, relative to the risk.  Part of the problem with the offensive being out of sync, seems to be that they've already had people injured...plus ensuing battles and revolving door positions, which has made it unclear who is actually even part of that true "starters" group.

Like...hopefully Cam is our starting LT at some point soon, if not Week 1.  But him not really being healthy through camp has to have things a little out of sync at such an important anchor position.  Don't think there's really any point trying to trot him out there for week 4.  Just let him rest, don't risk any setbacks or anything...trying to play Week 4 vs probably scrubs in an already out of sync unit before he's fully ready.

Same goes for guys like Lee who will presumably be a part of the "starting" offense, in a lot of packages at least.  Or Swaim who i think we all figured would pretty much be a starting TE here by default.  Plus all the shuffling on the OLine with the guys who have been healthy, trying to figure out how they're going to piece it all together and who will win which battles.  Some guys playing in all sorts of different spots with totally different guys beside them.

Don't see another 2 drives in a Week 4 preseason game with some guys still missing really doing much for that "sync" problem tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2019 at 3:58 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At the very least they are much worse at RB and therefore we can keep an extra eye on Hill. I know we need to score more but I just dont think it will matter THAT much to get a few risky snaps in

Ehhh...i'm not sure they're that much worse at RB.  A lot of Hunt's success seemed to be in the plethora of weapons around him in KC.  Williams seemed to step in as a plenty decent option after Hunt was out, and they've got some other guys.  I mean, they nearly made it to the Superbowl with that much worse RB.  I don't know that KC will be able to quite replicate the absurd success of that offense last year - things change year to year, teams adapt and learn to key on things differently, and that sort of pace just didn't feel altogether sustainable.  But i think they've still going to be an offensive powerhouse.

 

Houston are the ones where i think they're quite a bit weaker at RB.  That was a significant, unprepared-for downgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/08/2019 at 3:58 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

At the very least they are much worse at RB and therefore we can keep an extra eye on Hill. I know we need to score more but I just dont think it will matter THAT much to get a few risky snaps in

Ehhh...i'm not sure they're that much worse at RB.  A lot of Hunt's success seemed to be in the plethora of weapons around him in KC.  Williams seemed to step in as a plenty decent option after Hunt was out, and they've got some other guys.  I mean, they nearly made it to the Superbowl with that much worse RB.  I don't know that KC will be able to quite replicate the absurd success of that offense last year - things change year to year, teams adapt and learn to key on things differently, and that sort of pace just didn't feel altogether sustainable.  But i think they've still going to be an offensive powerhouse.

 

Houston are the ones where i think they're quite a bit weaker at RB.  That was a significant, unprepared-for downgrade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tugboat said:

Ehhh...i'm not sure they're that much worse at RB.  A lot of Hunt's success seemed to be in the plethora of weapons around him in KC.  Williams seemed to step in as a plenty decent option after Hunt was out, and they've got some other guys.  I mean, they nearly made it to the Superbowl with that much worse RB.  I don't know that KC will be able to quite replicate the absurd success of that offense last year - things change year to year, teams adapt and learn to key on things differently, and that sort of pace just didn't feel altogether sustainable.  But i think they've still going to be an offensive powerhouse.

 

Houston are the ones where i think they're quite a bit weaker at RB.  That was a significant, unprepared-for downgrade.

I agree they won't be able to replicate it exactly but even 85-90% of what they did is still a top offense 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×