Preseason game one thoughts.

Dolphinmeister

Run game seems decent, Rosen made some good throws, some jittery throws, and one awful INT throw while standing almost in his own end zone with the LB looking right at him. Williams is so tall he towers over those little DB's and has great hands. Falcons broke off a long run and strangely it was Charles Harris with the hustle to run the guy down from behind to tackle at the 1-yd line to prevent the TD (on that play). 

But really it all comes down to the offensive line looking pretty bad. Fitzmagic was running for his life, Rosen was running for his life...just awful. Tunsil wasn't out there and they were moving guys in and out for evaluation purposes, but still. Just no cohesion. Coach'em up, coaches! 

I like what I saw. Fitz looked ok...Rosen got better and most importantly looked comfortable and in command even behind a rotating disaster at o-line. PW is what we thought we were getting with Parker...maybe DP will feel a hot spot under his rear now. I was very happy to see the young talent and athleticism out there albeit it’s against other guys who will never sniff the field in the regular season....Good Start Coach Flores

I only here " off field issues " coming out of college and a disastrous Pro Day to boot. Some had him projected as a late second rounder that would contribute immediately before the off field issues and a bad pro day. I think this guy can be what Devate Parker should have been. 

3 hours ago, billking said:

Williams is a UDFA? Wonder how that happened 

Off the field stuff.  He was probably a late 2nd-3rd rounder if he didn't have the character issues.  

On 8/9/2019 at 6:34 AM, Tetsujin said:

Probably can't stash PW on the practice squad. Hurns or Butler would have to go. Wilson, Stills, and Parker have undesirable dead cap situations.  

Stills

Wilson

Parker

Grant

Hurns

Butler

As weird as it is to say, Williams locked up a spot on the 53 man with his performance so far.  Unless he bombs unbelievably the rest of the way, there is no reason to keep a JAG like Brice Butler on the roster over Williams.

2 hours ago, hrubes20 said:

As weird as it is to say, Williams locked up a spot on the 53 man with his performance so far.  Unless he bombs unbelievably the rest of the way, there is no reason to keep a JAG like Brice Butler on the roster over Williams.

Agreed

Rethinking the horrid o-line play of the first preseason game. Didn't realize that Flores was mind-game challenging the o-line at the time. 'Hey veteran RT, we know you've never played LT at all in your NFL life, but we are resting the starting LT and the Falcons game starts in 29 minutes so we've decided to throw you to the wolves at LT." Haha, sink or swim. Atlanta has dudes fighting for their jobs, so expect full effort from the enemy. Aaaand...go!

Whatever NFL talent you have, consider it consistently challenged by Flores. Every position, every week. Get better, or fade away.