Bucs (0-0) @ Dolphins (0-0) - Moved to Week 11

bucsfan333

GUYS. GUYS. FOOTBALL IS BACK!!!!!!

tenor.gif

We open the season with a road game against the Dolphins of Miami. It's a 1 o'clock game on Fox.

We may have an issue; Hurricane Irma. If we can't play week one, I'll be mad. Also, we can make up the game Nov 19th because both teams have a bye that week.

Key Matchups

Gerald McCoy vs Jesse Davis Davis is a rookie UDFA from Idaho. There's no way he's ever lined up against a guy with a first step like McCoy. That should mean double teams every snap. And every snap McCoy isn't doubled up on should be a big win for us. I expect a big game for McCoy.

Jarvis Landry vs Robert McClain Landry is one of the best slot WRs in the NFL. McClain is gonna have his hands full. I expect Landry to have a big game unless we can get after Cutler.

Jay Ajayi vs our run defense We really sucked at stopping the run last year. So we got bigger up front with Baker. We need him to hold his ground to help free up Kwon and David.

Ndamukong Suh vs JR Sweezy This should be a good one. Big nasty against big nasty. Sweezy gets his first regular season action in a long time against one of the best.

Mike Evans and co. vs their secondary Time to see our revamped offense in action. Reshad Jones is a badass and Maxwell isn't awful. But I think it's definitely advantage us.

Donovan Smith vs Cameron Wake Wake is still one of the best. Smith is gonna be tested every play. Time to see if he can build on a good second half of last season. 

Jay Cutler hasn't been there long but I don't think that will matter much. And our running game is a big question. But I think we can pull this one off and start the season 1-0.

Buccaneers 26

Dolphins 17

Im glad the team is starting on the road.  Hopefully, it wont be played in a down pour.  Im hoping they can contain Ajayi.  The offense has done a real good job of at least flipping field position.  Get close to midfield and Anger is such an under appreciated asset.  Looking forward to seeing DJax on a 9 route.  I expect a bunch of different personnel groups within each drive.  We re a long way away from the Dungyball days with Clyde Christensen calling the plays.

3 minutes ago, Famous Jameis said:

New to the board. 

I am really looking forward to seeing our D-line matchups.  If McCoy and company can't get a pass rush or contain Ajayai it's gonna be a long game for the D

Welcome!!

And, yeah. I agree. Our dline needs to show something. Or Smitty needs to get creative.

With at most 2 starters in the back 7, I expect quite a lot of variety from Smith.  The key is getting 3rd and 4 or longer consistently.

Also, with Winston in year 3, there shouldnt be many games where I expect him to play beloe the other QB.  No disrespect to Cutler, but Winston must be the catalyst for the offense.

35 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

It's Beckwith time. I hope he can take the starting spot and run with it. I really don't care if it's him or Bond. But I want someone to step up.

After watching Beckwith in the preseason I really hope he takes off with it. He did amazing in the last game granted, it was 4th preseason game, but still he did a amazing job throughout the off season. 

Football is back! Really excited to see what these guys have for the regular season. We saw a lot of promise in the preseason with red zone woes for the offense. Atlanta didn't look great in preseason last year and we all know what their offense did last year...blew a 25 point lead...xD  

In all seriousness, our WR/TE should eat. We just need to have a stable ground game and play sound defense and we should come out with a W!

Hopwfully Irma doesn't delay or disrupt the game, but here is to a safe game and the Hurricane dissipating.

Archived