What's your greatest starting 5 for your fav team?

MossyMoss

On 9/28/2019 at 3:20 AM, vikes635 said:

KG played SF for us most of his time in MN. We always had some garbage PF to go help enforce the paint. I put wilt there in terms of speed not better all time laker I was just having fun with it.

Almost positive this ain't true. Think he played there part time his first 2 years, but not after that. 

10 minutes ago, mm6492 said:

Almost positive this ain't true. Think he played there part time his first 2 years, but not after that. 

Didn't you know? KG became known as one of the greatest PFs of all-time by playing mostly SF.

It's not true at all. He dabbled when he was rail thin and coming out of high school, but he was a PF through and through.

• Like 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:52 PM, mm6492 said:

Hmm I must be mis remembering then, I didn't think we played him much at PF until after we acquired spreewell. I remember guys like joe smith, gary trent, tom gugs, and a few other rando's . which ever I would still find a way to play love and garnett over any other forwards we've had

On 8/11/2019 at 4:22 PM, beekay414 said:

PG - Oscar Robertson
SG - Ray Allen
SF - Marques Johnson
PF - Giannis Antetokounmpo
C - Lew Alcindor

4 hours ago, Pugger said:

Too bad we can't list 6 so we can add Sidney Moncrief here.

Moncrief was a better player than Allen, but if we're playing with a three point line, you need that shooter. Not sure how that 5 would play together either. As with most of these all-time teams the game was so different back in the day before the 3. Guys could actually play with their back to the basket. 

18 hours ago, billking said:

C Chamberlain 

PF Webber 

SF Durant 

SG Thompson 

PG Curry

Wilt and CWebb for a front court matches up with most anyone.

KD at the 4 and Mully at the 3. Feels kinda weird not having Draymond in the all time 5 but I think he's just barely out. In fact Rick Barry might even be in over Klay/Mully. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...