Daniel Jones is looking better than Haskins

Vladimir L

Summing that video from Brett up; Jones looked decent on play calls which played to their strengths and put the receiver in space. Jones did not look so great on the fade pass TD, if the corner was half competent - it would have been in his bread basket. All in all, a standard rookie QB performance. Some good some not good, overall.

On 8/24/2019 at 1:21 PM, Danger said:

This man needs a big paycheck from some major media outlet.

An agenda on display. What else do you call something like this, where he spends a bunch of time talking about how stats are cherrypicked to prove a narrative, only to go on and cherrypick one stat (Intended Air Yards, of all things) to prove his narrative that Jones isn't good.

Kollmann is overall a decent NFL youtube guy, but he won't ever say he's wrong, unless he gets proven so wrong (Mahomes) that he can't avoid it. He made 2 videos prior to last year talking about how bad Mahomes is, then was proven so wrong he had to make a "I was wrong video". 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

An agenda on display. What else do you call something like this, where he spends a bunch of time talking about how stats are cherrypicked to prove a narrative, only to go on and cherrypick one stat (Intended Air Yards, of all things) to prove his narrative that Jones isn't good.

Kollmann is overall a decent NFL youtube guy, but he won't ever say he's wrong, unless he gets proven so wrong (Mahomes) that he can't avoid it. He made 2 videos prior to last year talking about how bad Mahomes is, then was proven so wrong he had to make a "I was wrong video". 

He didn't have to make that video, but he did. His narrative isn't even that Jones sucks. His narrative is slow down on crowning Daniel Jones the best QB of this draft class because Preseason isn't a good indicator of actual success or a lack there of.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

So you don't think Average Intended Air Yards makes a difference when evaluating the level of difficulty of the throws each QB is making?  He was putting the stats in context, that's all.  Do you dispute his point that the Jones' fade TD throw in the 1st pre-season game was bad ball placement?  

Kollman is much better than "decent" IMO, but he misses on prospects just like everyone else, including the most successful GMs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

So you don't think Average Intended Air Yards makes a difference when evaluating the level of difficulty of the throws each QB is making?  He was putting the stats in context, that's all.  Do you dispute his point that the Jones' fade TD throw in the 1st pre-season game was bad ball placement?  

Kollman is much better than "decent" IMO, but he misses on prospects just like everyone else, including the most successful GMs.

I didn't say anything like that. I don't have any opinion on the "Average Intended Air Yards" statistic. Kollmann obviously has an agenda that he is trying to back up. You can't watch that video and tell me that isn't the case. He cherrypicked stats and plays to back himself up. It was not an objective video.

Louis Riddick had the best, objective breakdown of Jones on Get Up on Friday, and Riddick even has a reason to be biased, having been passed over for the Giants GM job and having liked Haskins better.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

He also had a lengthy video hyping up Terrell Pryor after his lone good season as a wide receiver. I enjoy watching his videos, especially during the offseason, but there’s a reason he’s making YouTube videos rather than working in an NFL front office. He’s JAG.

13 minutes ago, Gmen said:

What I took from his comments...

He's been careless with the ball while under duress and the fumbles (three in the last two games) will prove costly in real game action.

Going to be interesting to see how he plays when DC are not playing vanilla defense and coming after him / that OL with actual game plans? Assuming his greatness even sees the field in 2019.

He too like Eli might end up being a Deer in Headlights when any semblance of pressure is applied. Time will tell. Then apologies can be given.

19 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

What I took from his comments...

Going to be interesting to see how he plays when DC are not playing vanilla defense and coming after him / that OL with actual game plans? Assuming his greatness even sees the field in 2019.

He too like Eli might end up being a Deer in Headlights when any semblance of pressure is applied. Time will tell. Then apologies can be given.

That is what you would take from his comments.

Back in June I explained that people will go through the 5 stages of grieving in regards to Jones. You are in stage one : denial. The good news is you’re right on schedule 😉

Five stages of grieving

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

That is what you would take from his comments.

He's critiquing a Preseason game and talking about people apologizing to Gettleman for making the pick. Nothing has really changed other then Giants fans "Hopes" this wasn't a mistake. 

I truly wish the Daniel Jones Era began week 1 so we could see but actually want the Giants to beat the Cowboys. 

10 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

He's critiquing a Preseason game and talking about people apologizing to Gettleman for making the pick. Nothing has really changed other then Giants fans "Hopes" this wasn't a mistake. 

I truly wish the Daniel Jones Era began week 1 so we could see but actually want the Giants to beat the Cowboys. 

Oh I think the pendulum has swung from Giants fans hoping it wasn’t a mistake, to NFCE fans hoping it was a mistake. The prospect of pairing the best running back in the league with a talented young quarterback must be truly daunting for NFCE rivals. I understand. (No I’m not talking about Geuce and Haskins 😂)

Edited by Gmen

20 hours ago, minutemancl said:

I didn't say anything like that. I don't have any opinion on the "Average Intended Air Yards" statistic. Kollmann obviously has an agenda that he is trying to back up. You can't watch that video and tell me that isn't the case. He cherrypicked stats and plays to back himself up. It was not an objective video.

His “agenda” was to add context to these QB’s performances. His conclusion wasn’t that Jones is bad, it’s that all three QB’s have been okay so far.  Not sure how you can come away thinking it wasn’t objective.