Daniel Jones is looking better than Haskins

Vladimir L

1 minute ago, Gmen said:

How silly would Gettleman look right now if Daniel Jones was lighting it up for the Cincinnati Bengals, while the Giants were left waiting until 2020 to get a quarterback? He gets trashed for taking the best running back in the league over Darnold because of positional value, then he gets trashed for “reaching” for his quarterback? Seems a bit hypocritical to me.

Sam Darnold is a better QB than Daniel Jones.

25 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

So the Giants were suppose to pay a 1 year starting college QB oppose to a 3 year starter who they personally had insight on because EVERYONE ELSE thought They should? 

No one said the Giants had to draft Haskins at 6 or at all.

2 minutes ago, Gmen said:

You’ve been dismissed from this debate for being too cute 

Seriously though, we have one season's worth of info on those two players.  Barkley was good but I think Darnold showed enough, I think you have to understand why people would argue the QB over the HB there.  Jones isn't a similar discussion without having played a real game yet.  

edit - Also Darnold was a consensus top 5 pick in that draft class, and whether you want to accept it or not Daniel Jones at this time is widely regarded as a reach where he was selected.  Until he proves otherwise the reactions will be the same (no his preseason hasn't changed the discussion).  

Edited by MKnight82

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

No one said the Giants had to draft Haskins at 6 or at all.

That was THEIR guy though. If he's rated #1 on thier board their not gonna just let him past by for someone ELSE. Same with some other teams! I know the Skins definitely weren't letting Haskins get by them at #15. Jets could've went another direction but chose another Dlinemen because it was Their guy. 

By December, the Giants will be out of the playoff race and Jones will be working through rookie struggles while the Jets are threatening to unseat the Pats for the AFC East title.

Things can change but Gettleman is going to get beat up by the NY media until at least 2020. I'm glad both Darnold and Jones are in NY. Makes for some juicy storylines.

• Like 1

Just now, Skins212689 said:

That was THEIR guy though. If he's rated #1 on thier board their not gonna just let him past by for someone ELSE. Same with some other teams! I know the Skins definitely weren't letting Haskins get by them at #15. Jets could've went another direction but chose another Dlinemen because it was Their guy. 

FALSE

Every public board had Josh Allen and others far ahead of Haskins and most in the know thought the Giants would go after a QB at 17. (possibly Jones)

The perfect analogy is Foles and Fletcher Cox in 2012.

Foles has won a SB MVP. He is 11-3 in high pressure games (playoffs, must wins to make playoffs, or needed for a bye)

No one would tell you the Eagles should have passed on Fletcher Cox in round 1 to take Foles.

1 minute ago, SkippyX said:

FALSE

Every public board had Josh Allen and others far ahead of Haskins and most in the know thought the Giants would go after a QB at 17. (possibly Jones)

The perfect analogy is Foles and Fletcher Cox in 2012.

Foles has won a SB MVP. He is 11-3 in high pressure games (playoffs, must wins to make playoffs, or needed for a bye)

No one would tell you the Eagles should have passed on Fletcher Cox in round 1 to take Foles.

I said THEIR guy I didn't say the drafts! Jones had to be rated higher than both Allen and Haskins for Gentlemen to make that move. 

6 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

I said THEIR guy I didn't say the drafts! Jones had to be rated higher than both Allen and Haskins for Gentlemen to make that move. 

So a guy makes a bad pick due to a bad draft board and that justifies everything?

You are able to understand the complexities of a team picking the highest rated guy on their board when they draft?

We all thought a dart board was involved in the process.

88c0b96ca5b23b9fad7619fd590d7e9a.jpg

Edited by SkippyX

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

So a guy makes a bad pick due to a bad draft board and that justifies everything?

You are able to understand the complexities of a team picking the highest rated guy on their board when they draft?

We all thought a dart board was involved in the process.

88c0b96ca5b23b9fad7619fd590d7e9a.jpg

I'm fine with that, and Gettlemen will be too if Jones continues to light it up as he has in preseason. 

It won't be viewed as a Bad pick if the Giants are back in the playoffs in the next 2-3 yrs. 

Edited by Skins212689

27 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Seriously though, we have one season's worth of info on those two players.  Barkley was good but I think Darnold showed enough, I think you have to understand why people would argue the QB over the HB there.  Jones isn't a similar discussion without having played a real game yet.  

edit - Also Darnold was a consensus top 5 pick in that draft class, and whether you want to accept it or not Daniel Jones at this time is widely regarded as a reach where he was selected.  Until he proves otherwise the reactions will be the same (no his preseason hasn't changed the discussion).  

Perceptions are difficult to change.  Darnold sucked as a rookie, yet he's getting a pass because of the predraft hype.  If Jones has the kind of season Darnold had last year, the hyenas will be out again.