Rams Forum Welcome & Introduce Yourself

Dr LBC

On 4/26/2019 at 9:37 PM, HoboRocket said:

currently have an agreement with Austin Peay University to play 

On 4/26/2019 at 9:37 PM, HoboRocket said:

I just won a Go Green mile race with a time of 4:19 and won $250 in March.

Wouldn't this make you ineligible for college athletics? I ran track and cross in college and know if I ever accepted prize money I'd be ineligible so would think this would be a concern. 

3 hours ago, LeotheLion said:

Wouldn't this make you ineligible for college athletics? I ran track and cross in college and know if I ever accepted prize money I'd be ineligible so would think this would be a concern. 

Nope. Apparently this is an exception, it was okayed by the school's athletic department and several student-athletes participated. Not sure what the circumstances were to make it an exception, but it was primarily a fundraiser for Project YESU, (but wasn't a sanctioned racing event) so maybe that did it? Anyways, I'm not even a student yet, just have an agreement with the athletic department that may or may not be held up when I return from my mission. And if not, then that's a shame.

Edited by HoboRocket

• 4 months later...

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: Eric Dickerson

What do you do?:   Put the wet stuff on the red stuff.

What other teams are you a fan of?:  I'm a Raiders fan but I like to peruse other forums.  

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.:  In my 40s, just surfing now.  

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): LOL

What do you like to eat?: Ribeyes med rare.

What other hobbies do you have?:  Anything outdoors.  Since I live in Hawaii.

Why did you choose your username?: I drive an Audi A4 and I'm a force to be reckoned with.  ;)

Name one really cool event in your life.:  My girl getting into USC.  Fight On!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: SDSU Alumni Marshall Faulk

What do you do?: Currently back in college retraining for a career in computer cyber security after retiring from law enforcement. 

What other teams are you a fan of?: Chargers, Aztecs, Ducks. 

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.:

I played high school ball as a tight end, and a Hybrid corner/linebacker. We weren’t sophisticated enough to have opponents they always had a wide receiver on that side so I’d move inside a lot. 

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): This has changed so many times over the years. My first celebrity crush was probably Denise Richards though. 

What do you like to eat?: I’m a recovering carnivore trying to transition to being an omnivore. I struggle getting enough vegetables in my diet and generally hate them though. 

What other hobbies do you have?: I train Jiu Jitsu under Royce Gracie, I’m also really good at doing laundry. 

Why did you choose your username?: I limited myself to things that could be shortened to BS. 

Name one really cool event in your life.: I’m going to say the first time I ever went to the Aria Buffet. It was legendary. There was crab legs, lobster claws, prime rib, steak. I could have died happy that day. 

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?:

Past- Torry Holt and Chris Long.

Present- Cooper Kupp and Aaron Donald. 

What do you do?: 
Marketer for one of the largest exterior home remodelers in the country

What other teams are you a fan of?:    

-Argentina National Team (born there)

-Barcelona (Messi) but I love many teams

-Dodgers (was the cards when the rams were in St. Louis) 

- St. Louis Blues (sport I watch the least)

Basketball I tend to follow multiple teams, Not a die hard fan of anyone just yet but it’s growing on me quite a bit 

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile: 
Don’t currently play sports, I’ve played football for about 12 years, wrestling for about 12 as well, Soccer for leagues outside of football season,  track, baseball, tennis. 

Football and Soccer are my two favorites, however being in the same season I played football and wrestling mostly. Whenever I got the chance to play a new sport I’d try it out at a young age, luckily I was able to find out If I like most sports first hand. 

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): 

Dream Girl was always Julianne Hough for me, however Scarlet Johansson and Margot Robbie might have taken over in the last few years! 

What do you like to eat?: The least picky eater, favorite meals are steak (especially from Argentina), chicken cutlets, and sushi. 

What other hobbies do you have?I’m a big gamer (ps4/Xbox) mostly play sports games or shooters. I’ll throw in some racing games or RPGs every now and then. Can’t wait for LOU2!

im constantly reading, playing, or talking about sports. 

Spending time with my two Golden Retrievers is my favorite thing to do 

Why did you choose your username?: Couldn’t think of anything so initials and favorite number. Used to be on this forum about 7 years ago. Posted a TON and got to know most of you who still are on! Even won some forum awards haha  Previous name was ramforlife81-39 but had  came across the new forum yesterday and joined with a new name after such a long time. Good to be back! 

Name one really cool event in your life.: My first ever rams game in the dome in 07! I live in the tri state area so it’s always been hard to see games, I was taken in 07 when I was in middle school to see the rams play, got to meet Chris long (first of 3 times I met him) and many other players. That trip was the reason I fell in love with St. Louis and was crushed when they moved back to LA, however I’m still a die hard fan and LOVED LA when I went to go see them two years ago at the colosseum. 

THATS ALL FOLKS! Excited to talk some football! Also glad many of you still use the forum after my 7 year gap haha 

• Like 3

Past-Aeneas Williams

Present-Aaron Donald and Cooper Kupp.
What do you do?
Franchise Partner for the worlds largest junk removal service. 
Baseball-Cincinnati Reds

Basketball-Philadelphia 76ers

College-Texas Longhorns for all sports. 
Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.:
Currently I'll partake in some flag football when these 29 year old knees will allow. But played baseball and football throughout high school. Had multiple scholarship offers for both but figured making money early was better than spending it early. 
Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): 
That's a toss up. Blake Lively or Sarah Chalke (Elliot Reed from Scrubs.) Can't forget Margot Robbie either. 
What do you like to eat?: 
Not a picky eater by any means. I love a good pasta dish, a great steak and all things seafood. Sushi is my weakness for sure. 
What other hobbies do you have?:
I don't really do anything besides work and talk/research sports. Sports essentially dictate my life, which is why growing up a Rams fan has been detrimental to my mental health...but there's always next year, right? I also write a blog once in a blue moon, all sports/comedy based. Think old school Barstool days. 
Why did you choose your username?: 
I chose this name probably 10 years ago (soon after Sam got drafted, hence the 8 in my name) and then it got deleted so I remade my account in 15' and somehow completely forgot about this website. I used to be super active posting on here and it just kind of stopped out of nowhere. I wanted to make a new account but when I was able to get this back I just ran with it!
Name one really cool event in your life.:

Sports wise it is a toss up. When I was 17 I got to throw out a first pitch of a Phillies/Reds game (I'm a die hard Reds fan and live near Philly) and got to meet Ken Griffey Jr. for a few minutes. Other is last year when I went to the Rams/Steelers game and found out we were staying in the same hotel as the Rams. So the night before the game I got to hang out with some of the players and shoot the stuff with them. So that was a big one. Also got to tell Goff my true feelings of him...spoiler alert they are not great feelings. 

• Like 2

Past - Marshall Faulk

Present - Aaron Donald

What do you do?
Healthcare Worker and Personal Trainer

NBA - Brooklyn Nets

MLB - St. Louis Cardinals

NCAAF - LSU Tigers and Miami Hurricanes

NCAAB (Men) - Duke Blue Devils

I was close to playing basketball my senior year of high school but hurt my knee in P.E. the day of tryouts so I never pursued it. I did do some brief high school coaching though. Didnt stick with it because my college schedule was so busy. I was a tight end and receivers coach.

I love me some Scarlett Johansson. Too bad Black Widow will be pushed back till November because of this pandemic but like she is amazing in every sense of the word.

I like chicken and watermelon. 

I love to watch wrestling. I love music and movies. I play video games. I have a classic nintendo/snes and a PS4. I cant wait till PS5 comes out. I love to play fantasy football. 

Well its fairly simple. I love St. Louis (stl4life) and 07 is just a random number although now it could mean all McVay wants to do is score 7 on each possession lol. No empty possessions or 3pts on a possession allowed. Only touchdowns allowed lol.

Well the Rams became my team after I picked them to win the Superbowl in 1999 when everyone laughed at me. Perfect timing too because I followed the NBA more with MJ and the Bulls and they ended their dynasty right before the 1999 season when the Rams won the Superbowl. So I then turned my attention more to football, became a Rams fan and been heavily invested ever since. I so badly wish I was able to bet because I wouldve won a fortunate picking the Rams back then. Too bad I was only in middle school at that time lol. 

Edited by stl4life07

Past- Chris Long or Marshall Faulk

Present-Aaron Donald 

What do you do?
Account Manager for BASF Aromas Division

Hockey-New Jersey Devils

Basketball- I'm a LeBron James stan. Would follow him to the end of the earth and will likely root for his son when the day comes. NBA is second favorite sport so I just become obsessive with it across the board.

I still play golf, pick up basketball, and flag football. Played basketball and golf growing up. Never put on the pads, momma wouldn't sign the permission slip.

Too many IG models these days. Other than that, my fiance.

Steak, Mexican food, BBQ 

I love to work out, cook, play golf, hang out with friends and my dog. I like to sports bet and play poker as well.

My name is Bob Stanley (BStan) and it rhymed with RamFan. Also, I wanted the LeBron in Rams jersey as my logo to tie in both loves.

I performed stand up comedy at the world famous Comedy Cellar in NYC. 

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?: 

What do you do?

Software developer

Ohio State, Cavs and Indians - although I don't follow non NFL sports as often as I used to. I think college football is trash but live in Columbus and my wife went to Ohio State - so I find myself watching OSU and the only other time I watch a college football game is if I want something on in the background

Just played basketball for fun, but haven't played in years

Scarlett - after my wife. But she's not Scarlett and I'm not Channing Tatum

Pretty much everything. When I have time to cook I like hacking recipes to make them healthier

What other hobbies do you have?:

I have a two year old. Other than work and being a dad (and being here), all I have time to do is play video games from time to time

Frantik was just my user name for video games growing up - can't remember where I got it from tbh

Too many to choose from. Birth of my daughter.

How I proposed to my wife is probably one of my biggest accomplishments - I coordinated a scavenger hunt around town at landmarks (first date, stuff like that) and each place had a clue to the next. I got her sister to drive her around, used another event as an excuse for her to buy a new dress. Had all our friends and family gather at the place I proposed too.

For me personally, I've technically been the star of two Las Vegas shows

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

New to the site and glad to finally find one that talks Rams Football.  I used to post on NFL Draft Countdown all the time but they took down their forum.

Past - Marshall Faulk

Present - Cooper Kupp

What do you do?:   Teacher/Football Coach

What other teams are you a fan of?:    Notre Dame Football

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.:  I. Played Football back in the 90s and have been a High School Football Coach for the past 22 years

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history):   My Wife!!

What do you like to eat?:   Anything

What other hobbies do you have?:  Anything to do with sports or vacation with my family.

Why did you choose your username?:   Nickname from College and my favorite Team

Name one really cool event in your life.:   Jumped the fence at the Stanford Football game the year they beat the #1 team Oregon.  Ended up losing most of the group I was with until we saw one of them on the Jumbo tron in the middle of the stadium.

• Like 4