Rams Forum Welcome & Introduce Yourself

Dr LBC

6 minutes ago, The LBC said:

I technically didn't grow up in LB - just down PCH in Huntington Beach.  My dad is originally from Long Beach (played football for Long Beach State back when it actually had a team), but I didn't end up there until after college because one of my former high school teachers (and one of the guys who inspired me to want to be a teacher) was on the Single-Subject Credential faculty at Long Beach State and helped me get an easier path to a student-teaching and eventual hire at a high school in LB.

Also, I played AYSO until about age 12 - and the last two years of that was AYSO Premier (invite only team within the region) - after that it was all club (Wolfpack Gold and Premier) for me.

Were you at the OP Pro Riots in HB in 87 (maybe 86?)? I was there. Maybe we rubbed elbows, lol. 

I lived with a buddy in Newport for a while. Like a block from the wedge. 

Just now, Non-Issue said:

Were you at the OP Pro Riots in HB in 87 (maybe 86?)? I was there. Maybe we rubbed elbows, lol. 

I lived with a buddy in Newport for a while. Like a block from the wedge. 

I was 6, so no.  However, I did have some "wonderful" experiences with the local Neo-Nazis given that I was all of the above: Mixed-Race, in the punk scene, and a surfer (which meant I rode my bike past several of their hubs en route to surf spots).

23 hours ago, The LBC said:

I was 6, so no.  However, I did have some "wonderful" experiences with the local Neo-Nazis given that I was all of the above: Mixed-Race, in the punk scene, and a surfer (which meant I rode my bike past several of their hubs en route to surf spots).

Yeah, HB was always kinda thuggish for a surf town. I mean, not as thuggish as Venice. But there were some down fools in HB back in the day. 

I mean, people laugh when I say that. But I am telling you. You go to HB and act stupid and you would get jumped pretty quick.

On 8/20/2017 at 6:21 AM, Non-Issue said:

My daughter starts school this week to become a teacher. I couldnt talk her out of it. ;)

teaching is amazing, if yo get in the right situation.  It's always a challenge.  I am lucky after 13 years teaching core subjects math and science I am able to now focus on an elective, engineering

• Like 1

On 7/17/2017 at 10:16 PM, The LBC said:

What other hobbies do you have?I write a ton.  Two feature-length screenplays, three shorts, one novel, plus I've written for the Chargers arm of SB Nation for the past 3 years; I'm working on getting my stuff published by Turf Show Times now

How exciting! What is the title of your novel, and who is the publisher? I'd like to read it!

On 8/28/2017 at 11:45 AM, bzane said:

How exciting! What is the title of your novel, and who is the publisher? I'd like to read it!

It's not published yet.  I have an agent, but she and I are still tossing stuff back and forth over ready the manuscript is ready to try and sell (and this has me giving serious thought to cranking out another draft, because it's popped some fresh ideas - particularly of clever dialogue - that I can add in).  But it's called "Speak Now."

On 7/17/2017 at 8:16 PM, The LBC said:

What other hobbies do you have?I write a ton.  Two feature-length screenplays, three shorts, one novel, plus I've written for the Chargers arm of SB Nation for the past 3 years; I'm working on getting my stuff published by Turf Show Times now.  I also surf (when I can... once you have kids, everything is "when I can"), coach volleyball at my school, and sit on the BoD's of two local non-profits.

Turf Show Times doesn't publish stuff from Rams fans. You have to hold a grudge against the team to get published.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

Turf Show Times doesn't publish stuff from Rams fans. You have to hold a grudge against the team to get published.

Maybe VanBibber, but the guys I've been talking to lately seem to be a lot more receptive; exclusive, but receptive.

48 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Maybe VanBibber, but the guys I've been talking to lately seem to be a lot more receptive; exclusive, but receptive.

They all suck. You can do much better than those guys. I can't remember the last time I read anything from them. You'll find much better content on the Rams forums.

8 hours ago, The LBC said:

It's not published yet.  I have an agent, but she and I are still tossing stuff back and forth over ready the manuscript is ready to try and sell (and this has me giving serious thought to cranking out another draft, because it's popped some fresh ideas - particularly of clever dialogue - that I can add in).  But it's called "Speak Now."

Great stuff! I shall look forward to reading it, and the inevitable sequel, Forever Hold Your Piece (ham-handed double entendre very much intended) which takes the characters of the original to a new, and sexier, level. Jacket blurb: "Big! Bold! Bawdy! A fun-fest of ribald raunch!"

Who is your favorite Rams player? Past or Present?:  Past: Kurt Warner/Chris Long

Present: Robert Quinn/Aaron Donald

What do you do?I'm a Traffic Manager (trucking and logistics) for a lumber distribution company

What other teams are you a fan of?Baseball: New York Yankees

Hockey: San Jose Sharks

Do you play sports? If you've hung up the cleats, inform us of your glory days when you used to be able to throw a pigskin a quarter-mile.: I used to play baseball and was a good ball player. Now that I'm an adult I just stick with softball, as men's baseball leagues are few and far between. It's not the same but I still enjoy it. I'll also play football or basketball or even street hockey, recreationally.

Who is your dream girl? (those that are married, go ahead and say your wife! That way she doesn't beat you senseless when she browses through you history): I would do dirty things to Sofia Vergara. I'm a big fan of Jennifer Love Hewitt as well.

What do you like to eat?: Italian and Mexican are my two favorite types. Anything with cheese is a plus. I also love salmon.

What other hobbies do you have?: I'm a big craft beer enthusiast. I actually brew my own on occasion. I used to play in a hardcore band and while I don't play anymore, I still enjoy the music scene as a whole.

Why did you choose your username?: I was an uncreative 14 year old who wanted to sound cool. If anyone knows if you can change your username with the new forum, that'd be great.

Name one really cool event in your life.: Getting to play shows on stage for an audience was something that never got old. That and a few sports moments. Landing my first "big boy" job. Not married yet and no kids, so those are what I'll have to go with.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 11:49 AM, BEASToftheEAST4 said:

Why did you choose your username?: I was an uncreative 14 year old who wanted to sound cool. If anyone knows if you can change your username with the new forum, that'd be great.

I want to change my username, should I just register a new name? 

At some point in the future, I may allow veteran members a one-time name change without the need to re-register.  I'm still deciding on the best way to do this.   Please do not PM me asking to change your username.    I will post more information when/if this option is available.

From Webmaster in the FAQ.

Edited by RamRod
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...