College QB Watchlist

Nick

9 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

Wait... So it's not OK to compare Mayfield to Manziel, but it's perfectly fine to compare him to Brady and Favre?!?

:|

I don't get Farve comparisons. Nothing close to the same.

As for Brady... They are not very similar at all but both are good a certain aspects as pumping up their teammates and using their eyes to move the defense. I don't think they are being compared rather they just happen to have a couple of the same traits.

Manziel was a completely different player as well. Only thing close to the same is height and celebrations (although Manziel was all about putting spotlight on himself while Mayfields were used to get his team going).

Everyone seems to think that because of his size that Baker is a running QB like a Russell Wilson or a Johnny Manziel. While he can run... He rarely does. He uses it as a compliment not as a key part of his game. I've said since beginning of year that he reminds me of a better Case Keenum... And that was before Keenum even broke out.

On 1/20/2018 at 4:02 AM, marshawn lynch said:

I don't get Farve comparisons. Nothing close to the same.

As for Brady... They are not very similar at all but both are good a certain aspects as pumping up their teammates and using their eyes to move the defense. I don't think they are being compared rather they just happen to have a couple of the same traits.

Manziel was a completely different player as well. Only thing close to the same is height and celebrations (although Manziel was all about putting spotlight on himself while Mayfields were used to get his team going).

Everyone seems to think that because of his size that Baker is a running QB like a Russell Wilson or a Johnny Manziel. While he can run... He rarely does. He uses it as a compliment not as a key part of his game. I've said since beginning of year that he reminds me of a better Case Keenum... And that was before Keenum even broke out.

But I was only comparing one aspect of Mayfield to Manziel, his attitude.

And I have to disagree about Mayfield being more about getting his team going than himself. He does rally his team, for sure. He absolutely gets his team going, and that's great, but he also likes to have the attention on himself. Maybe even more so than putting the spotlight on himself, he likes to rub it in the face of his opponents. Throat slash (which I still LOL about. The fact that he did that and then they lost is absolutely fantastic haha) and crotch grab aside, planting your flag on the 50 after the game is over is rubbing it in, not trying to rally your team. I mean, how can you say it's trying to rally his team when the game was already over...?

Anyhow, all I'm saying is that I have compared Mayfield to Manziel based on attitude only, and I'm not fond of either. 

The only thing I can see the comparison of Manziel and Mayfield is their cockiness on the sidelines and immature moves off the field. Mayfield's work ethic is the complete opposite to Manziel, he is the 1st one in the gym and film room and last one out, he works his butt off to prove everyone wrong with the fact he had to walk on to not only Oklahoma but texas tech where he got injured his freshman year. Manziel was handed everything to him his entire life finally when things were tough he crumbled and preferred to party then take things serious.

I think Mayfield is the best Qb in the draft but I do not see him dropping to the bills. He will likely go top 10 if not #1. His only knock outside maturity is his height being barely over 6 feet. This is where I come in to compare him to none other then Drew Brees, both short but still maintain their pocket awareness and when something happens and cant get the ball to a receiver they run but they prefer to move the ball with their arm and look at all options before doing so. Tyrod looked at his main target whether it was wr or te, then looked at rb to check down or he bailed out of the pocket. Brees and Baker hang in the pocket to run down their list of weapons before thinking of throwing it away or running. Completion percentage has been very comparable at 70% posting ridiculous amount of touchdowns and very few Int's. Both have had chippy careers meaning they both were knocked on height and overlooked at both levels of their careers. If you matched strictly stat for stat with Rosen Darnold or Allen, Mayfield would surprise every one because he surpasses and crushes the competition. I see a little russel wilson in him but he doesnt roll out as much as Wilson. 

I assume Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield and allen off the board by the time the bills pick at 21/22. I could see all 4 going top 6 with the browns, jets, and broncos needing a qb now and Giants needing one in the future. Mason Rudolph intrigues me but hes a 2nd rd pick and would be a massive reach at 21/22 and may not make it until bills pick in rd 2. I do not want Lamar Jackson he is highly overrated and crumbles against big teams. He cant handle the pressure and like tyrod is quick to run the ball when things get tough for him rather then staying in the pocket to go through his progressions. I dont see any other qbs really being drafted until rd 3 or later.

I dont see it being bills year to get a top qb and may draft another one in the later rounds to see what he can do again peterman in camp. If the bills land a veteran qb in free agency or trade they will then be able to continue building for the future and set to make a big splash on a rookie qb in 2019 or 2020 depending on the veteran qb production.

Archived