College QB Watchlist

Nick

On 11/13/2017 at 12:55 PM, NickChowaniec said:

Pretty much. Baker Mayfield is having a fantastic season, although I have my doubts with him as a pro. Josh Allen is struggling mightily. After Rosen and Darnold it's pretty debatable who goes where. 

According to NFL.com, there are 5 decent QB's available in this draft, but I think the # is 6.

They are ranked in this order:

Darnold - the consensus #1 prospect - should go #1 in the draft

Rosen - picture perfect form, but they question if he has the 'it' factor - Still will likely go #2 overall in the draft

Jackson - second coming of Michael Vick, but lower body suggests a shorter career. He is more accurate passer than Vick and has more touch on the ball. Could be a top 10 pick

Baker Mayfield - Could be under 6' and the pros hate to draft short QB's, but he has all the rest you look for in a franchise QB - could go middle to late round 1 or just might slip to round 2

Rudolph - I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole as his HC has had an awful lot of great college QB's who put up huge stats, but did zip at the next level. - possible late round 1 pick???

Stidham - Was injured all of last year, but has come on strong of late! - possible late round 1, early round 2  pick

16 hours ago, Iamcanadian said:

According to NFL.com, there are 5 decent QB's available in this draft, but I think the # is 6.

They are ranked in this order:

Darnold - the consensus #1 prospect - should go #1 in the draft

Rosen - picture perfect form, but they question if he has the 'it' factor - Still will likely go #2 overall in the draft

Jackson - second coming of Michael Vick, but lower body suggests a shorter career. He is more accurate passer than Vick and has more touch on the ball. Could be a top 10 pick

Baker Mayfield - Could be under 6' and the pros hate to draft short QB's, but he has all the rest you look for in a franchise QB - could go middle to late round 1 or just might slip to round 2

Rudolph - I would not touch him with a 10 foot pole as his HC has had an awful lot of great college QB's who put up huge stats, but did zip at the next level. - possible late round 1 pick???

Stidham - Was injured all of last year, but has come on strong of late! - possible late round 1, early round 2  pick

Stidham is way overrated. Luke Falk is much better... I like Stidham but as a 4th or 5th round QB.

Also Darnold isn't the consensus. Rosen is. Darnold underachieved from what was expected. I'm thinking he returns to school which he should. Regressed from his freshman year.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Stidham is way overrated. Luke Falk is much better... I like Stidham but as a 4th or 5th round QB.

Also Darnold isn't the consensus. Rosen is. Darnold underachieved from what was expected. I'm thinking he returns to school which he should. Regressed from his freshman year.

No way. Luke is Falk is Captain Checkdown Trent Edwards 2.0. He is not very good and has looked broken the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, marshawn lynch said:

Falk has been benched and his backup out performed him when he was injured. He may not even be drafted.

I think you're wrong about Darnold. I haven;t seen anyone not say he is number 1. Rumors have also picked up that Rosen will return to UCLA to play for Chip Kelly. 

15 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Falk has been benched and his backup out performed him when he was injured. He may not even be drafted.

I think you're wrong about Darnold. I haven;t seen anyone not say he is number 1. Rumors have also picked up that Rosen will return to UCLA to play for Chip Kelly. 

Luke Falk started every game. He was taken out for one half against Arizona. The one game he struggled in. Other than that he wasn't benched. And his backup did not out perform him. Hiliniski had 5 TDs and 6 INTs one the year. Falk had 30 TDs to 13 INTs. Falk was way better. Falk had over a 2:1 INT ratio which is really good... While his backup threw more INT to TDs. If you translate those numbers with the amount of throws that Falk had then Hiliniski would have thrown for 20.7 TDs and 24.84 INTs. That is roughly 10 less TDs and roughly 12 more INTs than Falk had. So tell me again how his backup out played him?

Besides that statement wasn't much about how good Falk is rather than how overrated Stidham is because his teams hot streak at the end of the year. Kerryon Johnson carried that team not Stidham. 

As for Rosen and Darnold. Im right on that... Darnold regressed. Not like Hackenberg but he was still under whelming. Rosen surpassed him.

Found 8 somewhat recent mock drafts with up to date draft orders with a quick Google search and 7 of the 8 have Rosen going ahead of Darnold

http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php

https://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/mock-draft

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2017/12/06/2018-nfl-mock-draft-post-conference-championship-4-round-projections/

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/nfl-mock-draft/2017/11/27/16703272/2018-nfl-mock-draft-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-baker-mayfield-browns-giants-49ers

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2017/12/2018_nfl_mock_draft_saquon_barkley_no_1_to_browns.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/247sports.com/nfl/new-york-giants/Gallery/CBS-Sports-updates-2018-NFL-Mock-Draft-for-Week-13-108146360/Amp

https://athlonsports.com/nfl/2018-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-predictions

https://www.drafttek.com/m/2018-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round1.asp

You should know stats never tell the whole tale. Like ever. Especially in that offense that does nothing but inflate them. 

And I thought we were talking "experts" and NFL.com which was originally stated by @Iamcanadian not a bunch of fan websites with mock drafts. If that's the case, then sure Rosen and Darnold are interchangeable. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

You should know stats never tell the whole tale. Like ever. Especially in that offense that does nothing but inflate them. 

And I thought we were talking "experts" and NFL.com which was originally stated by @Iamcanadian not a bunch of fan websites with mock drafts. If that's the case, then sure Rosen and Darnold are interchangeable. 

I mean some of those are experts athlon sports, CBS sports, 247 Sports, and USA Today. They aren't just fans like say a Bleacher Report... Those are some big sports website. Sports Illustrated, ESPN, and NFL.com hasn't really gotten into the 2018 mocks yet.

As for the stats thing. I know they don't tell the whole story. And I know Hiliniski played better than they indicate. And I know that Falk stats are inflated. But Hilinski did not even come close to out playing Falk.

On 06/12/2017 at 7:03 PM, marshawn lynch said:

I have Rosen #1 as well 

On 12/5/2017 at 11:28 PM, Iamcanadian said:

You can't judge a QB negatively based on what the other QBs ahead of him did under the same college HC. 

Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Billy Volek, Akili Smith, AJ Feeley, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller all played under Jeff Tedford in college, and none had major NFL success, and were labeled 'system QBs'...  Then came this other guy, named Aaron Rodgers...

I've got Rudolph at #3 behind Rosen and Darnold, but I really expect Darnold to return to USC.

11 hours ago, BigBillsFan13 said:

You can't judge a QB negatively based on what the other QBs ahead of him did under the same college HC. 

Trent Dilfer, David Carr, Billy Volek, Akili Smith, AJ Feeley, Joey Harrington, and Kyle Boller all played under Jeff Tedford in college, and none had major NFL success, and were labeled 'system QBs'...  Then came this other guy, named Aaron Rodgers...

I've got Rudolph at #3 behind Rosen and Darnold, but I really expect Darnold to return to USC.

Really? #3 for Rudolph. I like him but that's a bit much. He comes from a very QB helpful system but what I don't like about him is that all his throws tend to be to wide open guys. Tight coverage at the next level is concerning. Not sure if once he gets to the next level he won't throw it with tight coverage like Tyrod is doing right now or if he will throw it and just won't be accurate enough to make those tight throws which will lead to interceptions. I currently have him #5. My list is as follows

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Mayfield

4. Jackson

5. Rudolph

6. Falk

7. Allen

8. Stidham

9. Riley Ferguson

10. Clayton Thorson

A guy to keep an eye on Drew Lock. I love him as a prospect. Only reason he is not in my top 10 is because he struggles with accuracy with 58%. But he is a true gun slinger. He will let it fly, throws with anticipation and throws into tight windows. If he makes a little bit better decisions sometimes and improves his accuracy he can be really good. Brett Favre type. He had 43 TDs which set an SEC record

28 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

A guy to keep an eye on Drew Lock. I love him as a prospect. Only reason he is not in my top 10 is because he struggles with accuracy with 58%. But he is a true gun slinger. He will let it fly, throws with anticipation and throws into tight windows. If he makes a little bit better decisions sometimes and improves his accuracy he can be really good. Brett Favre type. He had 43 TDs which set an SEC record

I like Lock a lot. I hope he goes back to school though because he could become a legit first round talent with another year at the college level. Though he lost his OC so it's hard to say.

Josh Rosen is very clearly #1 right now. If you don't think that you're not watching them play.

Sam Darnold has regressed from his pre-season hype, definitely not a lock for #1 overall.

There's even talk that Mayfield could pass him (I'm not there yet but it could happen).

Archived