College QB Watchlist

Nick

1 hour ago, FEARtheELF said:

Question for you all. Asa fan, would you consider a trade up into the top 5 if one of the top QBs fell to the Browns 2nd pick? With 2 1's and 2 2's you would have plenty of ammo to get there. Thoughts on yes or no and what you would give?

Right now that would be a move from 21 to 6. I would give 21, our 2nd this year and next year. I don't think that would be enough.

The Bills are hindered by a lot of free agents next year, draft picks could be held at a premium to just fill out the roster.

35 players under contract, 32 mil in cap space. Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines, Preston Brown, and Kyle Williams are all free agents. We will more than likely cut Tyrod next year and save $10mil in cap space, but even still, It will be no small feat to fill out this roster in 2018.

3 hours ago, Maxmw22 said:

Right now that would be a move from 21 to 6. I would give 21, our 2nd this year and next year. I don't think that would be enough.

The Bills are hindered by a lot of free agents next year, draft picks could be held at a premium to just fill out the roster.

35 players under contract, 32 mil in cap space. Jordan Matthews, EJ Gaines, Preston Brown, and Kyle Williams are all free agents. We will more than likely cut Tyrod next year and save $10mil in cap space, but even still, It will be no small feat to fill out this roster in 2018.

I feel like we said this off-season as well. If the Bills find a guy they really fall in love with I think they need to do everything to get him. The rest of the roster doesn't matter if we have Tyrod back under certain again. We've later long enough to try and find another QB and if the talent is there we need to do it. 

25 minutes ago, LeeEvans said:

I feel like we said this off-season as well. If the Bills find a guy they really fall in love with I think they need to do everything to get him. The rest of the roster doesn't matter if we have Tyrod back under certain again. We've later long enough to try and find another QB and if the talent is there we need to do it. 

Yup.

All this draft capital is really a waste if we don't go get our guy (If the Bills have one). Buffalo won't hit on all 5 top picks anyway so they might as well put most of those eggs in one basket that can have the best return (A QB).

I would trade both 1st and our 2nd to move into the top 5. I would also do both 1st this year and next years 1st instead of this years 2nd, but only if McBean really thinks they got a day 1 starter at QB.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Yup.

All this draft capital is really a waste if we don't go get our guy (If the Bills have one). Buffalo won't hit on all 5 top picks anyway so they might as well put most of those eggs in one basket that can have the best return (A QB).

I would trade both 1st and our 2nd to move into the top 5. I would also do both 1st this year and next years 1st instead of this years 2nd, but only if McBean really thinks they got a day 1 starter at QB.

Agreed on everything you said. We don't want to end up like the Browns and end up missing on Wentz and Watson because we were gun shy. 

At the moment, with so many roster holes, I really don't want to trade up. In the range of our picks there are a number of stud DTs and LBs in the 1st, even potentially some good O linemen. All of those would have a huge impact on our roster. I'd be far happier then taking a punt on trading up for a QB and having huge roster gaps. I'd much rather Tyrod + rebuilt D line than a rookie QB and the current D line

On 12/8/2017 at 11:08 AM, marshawn lynch said:

Really? #3 for Rudolph. I like him but that's a bit much. He comes from a very QB helpful system but what I don't like about him is that all his throws tend to be to wide open guys. Tight coverage at the next level is concerning. Not sure if once he gets to the next level he won't throw it with tight coverage like Tyrod is doing right now or if he will throw it and just won't be accurate enough to make those tight throws which will lead to interceptions. I currently have him #5. My list is as follows

1. Rosen

2. Darnold

3. Mayfield

4. Jackson

5. Rudolph

6. Falk

7. Allen

8. Stidham

9. Riley Ferguson

10. Clayton Thorson

A guy to keep an eye on Drew Lock. I love him as a prospect. Only reason he is not in my top 10 is because he struggles with accuracy with 58%. But he is a true gun slinger. He will let it fly, throws with anticipation and throws into tight windows. If he makes a little bit better decisions sometimes and improves his accuracy he can be really good. Brett Favre type. He had 43 TDs which set an SEC record

It is not a bad list, but I have Darnold way ahead of Rosen and for what it is worth, on NFL.com, they took a vote by 5 GM's and they all voted Darnold #1.

As for Rudolph and especially Falk, they play in a system that has seen QB's put up tremendous college stats every year under the same HC's and not one has done squat at the next level, Weedon being th highest one picked, so if I am drafting, I'd pass on these 2, especially Falk.

I would have Jackson at #3 ahead of Mayfield, IMO, in most draft years, he would go #1 overall and will likely go top 5 in this year's draft.

Mayfield would be drafted far higher if he was say 6'3", but he may well measure in at under 6' at the Combine and that alone will drop him to #4.He should go in the teens.

I'd replace Falk with Ryan Finley of North Carolina State, I think he is a far better prospect and better than Ferguson and Thorson..

Again, in my opinion, Buffalo will get a 1st round QB out of this draft as I now believe, that as many as 7 QB's could go round 1 in this exceptionable year for QB's.

I also love Lock and he too, could possibly go round 1. On a poor team, he has thrown a lot of TD's and has a good arm.

I don't mean to come off rude by asking, but do you actually watch the games (multiple) Darnold and Rosen play in? If so, I don't see how you can possibly put Darnold over Rosen. Rosen has been very consistent while Darnold has struggled many times this year, while looking good-great in some games as well.

I guess you could argue Darnold's ceiling is higher but Rosen has played much, much better this year. Not to mention, Rosen plays with less talent around him. 

At the end of the day, it's just an opinion. It's hard to go against what I actually see on tv each week. I'd be happy with either guy in Buffalo, but it's odd to see Darnold over Rosen after how this season has played out. 

14 minutes ago, NickChowaniec said:

I don't mean to come off rude by asking, but do you actually watch the games (multiple) Darnold and Rosen play in? If so, I don't see how you can possibly put Darnold over Rosen. Rosen has been very consistent while Darnold has struggled many times this year, while looking good-great in some games as well.

I guess you could argue Darnold's ceiling is higher but Rosen has played much, much better this year. Not to mention, Rosen plays with less talent around him. 

At the end of the day, it's just an opinion. It's hard to go against what I actually see on tv each week. I'd be happy with either guy in Buffalo, but it's odd to see Darnold over Rosen after how this season has played out. 

My guess is because the "experts" often project what they will do and not what they have done.

That's how I look at it too, or at least try to. Thats why I loved Trubisky last year. Darnold certainly has a higher ceiling then Rosen and I assume that's what most people are basing their projections off of. I too would be happy with either. 

8 hours ago, BigMountainGoat said:

At the moment, with so many roster holes, I really don't want to trade up. In the range of our picks there are a number of stud DTs and LBs in the 1st, even potentially some good O linemen. All of those would have a huge impact on our roster. I'd be far happier then taking a punt on trading up for a QB and having huge roster gaps. I'd much rather Tyrod + rebuilt D line than a rookie QB and the current D line

Buffalo has been doing this throughout the entire drought. Building up the roster and having average QB doesn't work.

Hasn't worked with Fitz or Tyrod.

33 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Buffalo has been doing this throughout the entire drought. Building up the roster and having average QB doesn't work.

Hasn't worked with Fitz or Tyrod.

Yup. It time we take a shot. I don't think we'll be in a better position to so for some time. It sucks to potentially swing and miss and waste a bunch of picks but we can't be afraid to take a shot when the opportunity comes. This franchise has been so desperate for a QB and you can't pass because you missed on the last one. 

43 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

My guess is because the "experts" often project what they will do and not what they have done.

That's how I look at it too, or at least try to. Thats why I loved Trubisky last year. Darnold certainly has a higher ceiling then Rosen and I assume that's what most people are basing their projections off of. I too would be happy with either. 

But does he though? I wouldn't say certainly. I have Rosen higher (as if I hadn't made that clear enough haha).

Give me either guy though. 

I'm not a fan of Trubisky, never was. What's your assessment on him so far? Bears offense is pretty one-dimensional considering the injuries at WR, so I'll give him more time.  

On 12/14/2017 at 9:37 AM, NickChowaniec said:

Its a fair question and will likely be decided at their pro days, but in a recent poll on NFL.com of NFL GM's, all 5 of them interviewed, said they preferred Darnold as having that 'it' factor that all the great QB's have and a far higher ceiling than Rosen. Rosen will still go #2 in the draft, so he isn't a bum by any means, but they believed his potential is not as great as Darnold's.

Unfortunately, Buffalo will never get a shot at either and likely not Jackson. Mayfield may not suit a harsh weather climate and so who knows which QB they might draft???

Archived