College QB Watchlist

Nick

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

He had a rough day but he also literally had no time on those plays. Heck even on the last play there with a 3 man rush he was under duress right away. 

Darnold should go back to school for sure. Jackson  has enough raw talent to be effective right away, but if he could sit behind someone for a season or two and work with a QB coach, he'll be just fine.

He actually had quite a bit of time on those plays... not all day but certainly enough. He did a terrible job of identifying the blitzer... They we're bringing the safety blitz. He had plenty of time to throw before safety got there. What I was upset with was he looked right at the blitzer and tried to make something out of nothing instead of getting rid of the football to preserve clock. 

I don't trust Baker Mayfield, just like I don't trust any other Big 12 QBs.

Those stats are inflated by facing horrendous defenses. 6 of their 13 games were against teams ranked 98th or worse (out of 129) in total defense.

Here is the list of Big 12 QBs drafted in the top 3 rounds over the past 10 drafts. I don't see too much success.

Pat Mahomes
Bryce Petty
Geno Smith
RG3
Brandon Weeden
Blaine Gabbert
Andy Dalton
Sam Bradford
Colt McCoy
Josh Freeman

Just say NO to Big 12 QBs

14 minutes ago, Tk3 said:

I don't trust Baker Mayfield, just like I don't trust any other Big 12 QBs.

Those stats are inflated by facing horrendous defenses. 6 of their 13 games were against teams ranked 98th or worse (out of 129) in total defense.

Here is the list of Big 12 QBs drafted in the top 3 rounds over the past 10 drafts. I don't see too much success.

Pat Mahomes
Bryce Petty
Geno Smith
RG3
Brandon Weeden
Blaine Gabbert
Andy Dalton
Sam Bradford
Colt McCoy
Josh Freeman

Just say NO to Big 12 QBs

To be fair only one of them have come from an Oklahoma offense...Sam Bradford. And he is probably the best or 2nd best QB on the list. And Baker had proven to be a tremendous QB in and out of conference

Look what he did against Ohio State.... Ohio State will probably finished 3rd overall with them destroying USC and Sam Darnold the other day. Mayfields stats against them was 77 comp% 386 yards 3 TDs  0 INTs and he won. OSU was snubbed out of the final 4.

And there are plenty of instances like this. Playing Auburn last year for example. Always one of the best defenses in college. 68 comp %, 296 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

Guy is a monster no matter what defense he plays

16 minutes ago, marshawn lynch said:

To be fair only one of them have come from an Oklahoma offense...Sam Bradford. And he is probably the best or 2nd best QB on the list. And Baker had proven to be a tremendous QB in and out of conference

Look what he did against Ohio State.... Ohio State will probably finished 3rd overall with them destroying USC and Sam Darnold the other day. Mayfields stats against them was 77 comp% 386 yards 3 TDs  0 INTs and he won. OSU was snubbed out of the final 4.

And there are plenty of instances like this. Playing Auburn last year for example. Always one of the best defenses in college. 68 comp %, 296 yards 2 TDs 0 INTs

Guy is a monster no matter what defense he plays

That's fair.

But I still don't trust him to be any better than Sam Bradford was (who never even hit Pro Bowl caliber). 

I never buy into what conference a guy played in or what school he went to. Every prospect is different and scouts are not looking at their stats but rather their traits.

Mayfield has everything you want except he isn't 6'4 and some won't be able to get past his over competitiveness (foolishly IMO).

On 12/30/2017 at 10:08 AM, Trentwannabe said:

Good call! 

Read an interesting theory that the Giants and Bills are perfect trading partners because of the Gettleman/Beane connection. Also sounds like Eli will be back in 2018 and the Giants really like Davis Webb which is why they haven't put him into this disaster season.

Sign Cousins, Lotulelei, and then trade both 1st and maybe a 2019 pick to draft Chubb at pick 2. 

All of a sudden our D can stop the run and get after the QB with an opportunistic secondary. Offense finally has a proficient passer. 

The DL isn't the only reason we can't stop the run. Our LBers are terribad. An opposing team can tie up our DLmen and our LBers would still be out of position or miss tackles. Just saying. Those two would do wonders for our DL though!

1 hour ago, Yibbyl said:

The DL isn't the only reason we can't stop the run. Our LBers are terribad. An opposing team can tie up our DLmen and our LBers would still be out of position or miss tackles. Just saying. Those two would do wonders for our DL though!

I think Milano has shown enough to warrant a chance to play all 16 games at WLB. No one reads the block better then he does. P. Brown is garbage but McDermott has raved about him and I think he'll be relatively cheap to bring back. 

I think getting DE's who can set the edge will help make a huge impact for the run defense as well. 

40 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

.55 seconds and 3 time outs.

Baker can make himself a lot of dough right here...

Good thing he didn't. He may not have been around.

The offensive play calling in OT was horrendous. You have the best player in country at QB and you don't let him throw. That is inexcusable

Archived