Calloway is being suspended per Rapoport

malibuspeedrace

14 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Ish Hyman 6'0" 196, runs a 4.39 40. Faster than Callaway. Opening eyes all spring and camp.

https://m.herosports.com/nfl-draft/fcs-combine-receivers-tight-ends-top-marks-2018-ajaj

I'm not closed off to the possibility but I doubt it based on what I saw of him in college and AAF.

It's a good thing he's flashed in camp earlier on.

When we signed him I checked out everything I could find on him at JMU for his play speed and ability. He's no where close to faster than Callaway when it comes to real football play speed as he was getting chased down by lesser competition. When I checked the 40 time at the Duke pro day it was odd to me that it would be so low as he looked like a 4.52 on tape . Even still that pro day time was clocked somewhere in the range of 4.39 to 4.46 which means laser timed that range could be 4.45 to 4.51. Callaway ran a 4.41 laser timed 40 and plays even faster consistently.

Ish has deceptive build up speed and isn't a quick twitch speed, blazing speed guy. If we need someone to fill the "Callaway" role we probably need to look elsewhere imo mostly based on play evaluation not necessarily 40 time.

Edited by Mind Character

2 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Hate to say it, but Breshad Perriman would be nice right now.

Browns have plenty of 4/5/6 quality level WRs right now to choose from. There is a reason the Browns were rollin with Willies, Ratley, and etc before injuries forced to bring on Perriman. 

Perriman had his chance but pulled a Duke cause he wasnt going to be a main part of the offense.

1 hour ago, NateDawg said:

To get a 4 game drug suspension I think you have to have accumulated like 3-4 slip-ups. I’m not sure the process or if college stuff carried over at all, but early indicators are that this issue won’t be an easy one for him to kick. 

College stuff carried over for Josh Gordon so I imagine it has done in this case as well

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

To get a 4 game drug suspension I think you have to have accumulated like 3-4 slip-ups. I’m not sure the process or if college stuff carried over at all, but early indicators are that this issue won’t be an easy one for him to kick. 

Suspension for marijuana use is pretty stupid.

7 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Suspension for marijuana use is pretty stupid.

yeah it is pretty stupid but its the rules. 

Its like knowing the answers to the test but you still fail it. 

They truly need to negotiate that out of the CBA

Pretty sure we aren't going to cut him for this.  Also certain we won't be able to trade him.  He will clear a roster spot for another young receiver while he is gone, then have to show he is going to take this **** seriously to make it back on to the team after week 4.