CLE WR Antonio Callaway suspended 4 games

Broncofan

Sucks losing our 4th WR for 4 games but it does open up a roster spot and there are players I'd rather keep than cut loose and this gives us 4 more weeks to make a decision on one of them. Looking on the bright side. Looking on the negative side, weed needs to stop being tested for or Callaway may go the way of Josh Gordon.

35 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Sucks losing our 4th WR for 4 games but it does open up a roster spot and there are players I'd rather keep than cut loose and this gives us 4 more weeks to make a decision on one of them. Looking on the bright side. Looking on the negative side, weed needs to stop being tested for or Callaway may go the way of Josh Gordon.

He wont go the way of Gordon. Browns wont hang onto him that long

19 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

uh... whose the 3rd wr? 

1 minute ago, GSUeagles14 said:

uh... whose the 3rd wr? 

Hollywoof Higgins. It was supposed to say Hollywood but I liked the typo so I kept it. Callaway is a better deep threat and after the catch but Higgins is better at everything else and would have been the #3 without the suspension. Callaway is still more gadget, Higgins is a true outside receiver and I believe will be a very good #2 in the future for whoever he plays for. If it is the Browns I think Landry will have to be cut, this year will tell us which way we should go.

27 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hollywoof Higgins. It was supposed to say Hollywood but I liked the typo so I kept it. Callaway is a better deep threat and after the catch but Higgins is better at everything else and would have been the #3 without the suspension. Callaway is still more gadget, Higgins is a true outside receiver and I believe will be a very good #2 in the future for whoever he plays for. If it is the Browns I think Landry will have to be cut, this year will tell us which way we should go.

I want to say in the preseason game Higgins lined up 33x in the slot. He might be a slot guy for us and he looked good doing it

On 8/9/2019 at 7:30 PM, Thomas5737 said:

You know that's not how it works right?  A suspended player is still on the active roster, and is eating up one of 53 positions without contributing to the team.  It actually creates 1 less spot, bc you have to have somebody to fill that role, while keeping the spot for Callaway.  Only it frees a roster spot is if you cut him, which btw can't be done (once.the season begins)until after the suspension is served.  

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

You know that's not how it works right?  A suspended player is still on the active roster, and is eating up one of 53 positions without contributing to the team.  It actually creates 1 less spot, bc you have to have somebody to fill that role, while keeping the spot for Callaway.  Only it frees a roster spot is if you cut him, which btw can't be done (once.the season begins)until after the suspension is served.  

That's actually not how it works either. As long as the player is suspended, he does not count against the 53 man roster. He counts against the 90 man roster right now but he is also able to play in preseason games and can practice. For the first 4 games he will not be on the roster and will be listed as suspended.