2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

Fangio is an interesting guy. I'm starting to go through the game on the 22. The overthrow to Tonyan short. 2nd and 15

We go 5 wide out of 12 personnel. Inside-out: Jimmy big slot MVS tonyan on one side. Davante Jamaal on the other.

Fangio plays a standard nickle look deploying C4(might be 6 with the way Harris plays the flat) behind it. Chubb drops into a spy look giving a 3 man rush. Safeties bracket Graham and Davante with the ILBs. Single coverage on Jamaal with Chris Harris.

The interesting part. On the trips side the 2 CBs remaining bracket MVS down the field leaving Tonyan way open in the flat. Which, if completed gives you a very manageable 3rd down.

What's this tell us? Does Fangio know Rodgers doesnt like to toss it short so he just forgoes that coverage? Or does Fangio, a brilliant DC, respect Graham more than most people? 

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

Couple plays later same situation; 2nd and 13. 12 personnel. Reverse formation. Inside-out Davante, Jones. Left side Marcedes in line Allison Tonyan. Couple differences in personnel.

Standard Nickle look. C3 coverage. They bring the 4 rushers. Safety looks for help from ILB on Davante, he gets an inside bracket. Jones gets Harris. Single coverage everywhere else too. Marcedes(maybe OPI) and Tonyan beat their single coverage. Tonyan gets the throw for a near TD, he needs to understand Aaron can still make every damn throw in the book, a beauty for 55 air yards.. Allison had a little separation underneath as well.

Further evidence we need MVS on the field as much as possible because teams need to respect his speed and Graham is still getting respect.

• Like 1

Bonus play and I'm done. Because I love how Fangio tries to bait Rodgers with his front. And how LaFleur provides eye candy for the LBs opening up Allison for a long 1st down. (Schemed open)

Fangio has to play some of the most 2 ILB nickle. 4 man front. Send your 3 techs off the outside G shoulder into the inside tackle shoulder. Rush the OLBs upfield on their butts, when it looks like the sea has parted to move up in the pocket, loop those OLBs inside. Rodge sits on the Tackle precipice and delivers his throw. Billy and Bulaga hand their stunt against Von easily. Corey slides to Bakhs side giving the Rookie help. Jamaal is the inside blitz guy with delayed release. It's all handled up front very well, but I love the look by Fangio.

In the secondary it's C6. Harris on Davante at the top, he gets the S to bail to provide double. MiLF runs Graham and Jones across the ILBs faces and they bite down on it. Allison runs a post from the slot behind it wide open for a should be easy first down. If the ILB plays it right Allison should be covered and I assume MVS would get a shot at a 50-50 TD, or Graham gets it underneath to set up a FG. 

Edited by HighCalebR
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Leader said:

Funny.......

Perhaps you've seen the video, but apparently the Eagles dropped their fair share of passes in the game against DET.

Well, there was a fire in Philly that evening / night and people in the burning building were throwing their personal belongings to people on the street below.

A local news team interviewed one of the guy's catching these items and he commented: "Yeah, we were down here catching their stuff...." - then he pauses - stares at the camera - ".....not like Nelson Algohor......" -- then he goes back to his telling of the fire  :)

Here’s the link to the video of your story.  Hilarious.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

He's a fine #3 with plenty of physical gifts but man does he have some lapses in concentration.

Perhaps with Rodgers (when Aaron is in mid-season form and accuracy is better), MVS might be deemed a #3. But with an avg. QB, I don't see MVS as more than a #4, at least at this point. What I see is a #1 WR in Adam's, and then a bunch of #4's and 5's (though as another poster said, ESB may have the most upside to become a legit #3, which is why it sucks he's out this year). WR will need to be addressed pretty high in next years draft (though TE and OL will be big needs as well.) 

Edited by DWhitehurst
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DWhitehurst said:

Perhaps with Rodgers (when Aaron is in mid-season form and accuracy is better), MVS might be deemed a #3. But with an avg. QB, I don't see MVS as more than a #4, at least at this point. What I see is a #1 WR in Adam's, and then a bunch of #4's and 5's (though as another poster said, ESB may have the most upside to become a legit #3, which is why it sucks he's out this year). WR will need to be addressed pretty high in next years draft (though TE and OL will be big needs as well.) 

We have an average QB, and MVS is a #2. If MVS played for the Chiefs he would be competing for an all-pro designation.

18 minutes ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

That's ridiculous.  He looks like a JAG with speed.

That's like saying Jerry Rice was JAG with some craft and good hands. There is no point taking away the biggest asset of a player and then call him JAG. MVS has the elite length and speed combo, that raises him comfortably above any JAG title. He is also only 3 games in to his second season and managed 6 catches in his last game.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

Just now, OneTwoSixFive said:

That's like saying Jerry Rice was JAG with some craft and good hands. There is no point taking away the biggest asset of a player and then call him JAG. MVS has the elite length and speed combo, that raises him comfortably above any JAG title. He is also only 3 games in to his second season.

I think he could definitely become a good player, but to suggest he's currently a polished #2 is way over the top.  

• Like 1