2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

When did this board develop EQ haters with bad takes? 

Haven't we reached an age now where the "well maybe this is one of those 1-2% of the times where Schefter and Rap are wrong!" can die? EQ has a high ankle sprain and is probably close to being ready to go if he could.

IR-ing EQ was really freaking dumb, especially when the guy we kept in James Crawford got cut less than a week later because he wasn't good. There's no question he's a hell of a lot better than Shep and Kumerow and with the way MVS and Allison are playing he might be our #2 WR.

*EQSB

Just gonna leave this here from 12/12/2018. It's hilarious that we will be saying that 12/12/2019.  2.8M for Allison looks pretty bad IMO

On 12/12/2018 at 3:49 PM, skibrett15 said:

Wish we had... marvin Jones or Kenny Golladay.  That's what this team needs.

Go sign/trade for devante parker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

I wouldn't give Allison 2.8 million based on what he's done so far. I think you have MVS, Lazard and ESB who can do what he does, better. I"m all in on drafting a talented WR in round 2. 

I would prefer an untalented WR in round 2.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Golfman said:

I wouldn't give Allison 2.8 million based on what he's done so far. I think you have MVS, Lazard and ESB who can do what he does, better. I"m all in on drafting a talented WR in round 2. 

2.8 is what we gave him this year and what was being weighed last year.

I never understood why Lazard went undrafted. 6'5" 227 with 4.55 40 so it's not like he's slow. He's a big body target that's a cross between WR and TE. I think he's got a real shot to be a good one. He's apparently really smart and well prepared, he's physical as hell so he'll challenge for jump balls and could be a reliable target in tight coverage, much like James Jones was for #12. Was pretty stoked when we landed him on the PS. 

Really hoping Monday wasn't just a flash in the pan. Hope he gets a fair shot to prove himself. Would really help the WR corps going into next season if he emerges and would bump down the need for an early selection at the position in the 2020 draft.

At some point guys like Lazzard get reps and catches because someone has to. It's like the argument that MVS had a great rookie year. Sure, but because most teams have better depth and don't force a guy like that into the lineup. The Packers only have one guy that is a legit starter and a bunch of 3-4-5 caliber guys but with Adams out, someone is going to play in the role of #1. It's still a position that both can and should be upgraded. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, beekay414 said:

I never understood why Lazard went undrafted. 6'5" 227 with 4.55 40 so it's not like he's slow. He's a big body target that's a cross between WR and TE. I think he's got a real shot to be a good one. He's apparently really smart and well prepared, he's physical as hell so he'll challenge for jump balls and could be a reliable target in tight coverage, much like James Jones was for #12. Was pretty stoked when we landed him on the PS. 

Really hoping Monday wasn't just a flash in the pan. Hope he gets a fair shot to prove himself. Would really help the WR corps going into next season if he emerges and would bump down the need for an early selection at the position in the 2020 draft.

It has to be because he was at Iowa State, right? 

• Like 1

This is the area I think Gute will be looking to majorly update this next off season and rightfully so. I like some of the guys we have, but losing Devante was a major blow, and trading Davis doesn't look great in hindsight. I do hope we can keep winning so Adams can get as healthy as possible.

Live look in at the WRs meeting room today:

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Edited by Toddfather

2 hours ago, Toddfather said:

This is the area I think Gute will be looking to majorly update this next off season and rightfully so. I like some of the guys we have, but losing Devante was a major blow, and trading Davis doesn't look great in hindsight. I do hope we can keep winning so Adams can get as healthy as possible.

Live look in at the WRs meeting room today:

DumpsterFire2.jpg

Reminds me of the time Norm disappeared for a couple weeks and I made a lengthy post that imagined he was doing public relations work for a waste disposal company undergoing a rash of dumpster fire incidents. After all that creative writing some wag here made a FIFY post the lined out every word except “Norm is...a dumpster fire.”

I wouldn’t call this situation a dumpster fire, though I do love to use the phrase “dumpster fire” every chance I can. I tell you this, if MLF can find a way to make this situation work well enough to win regularly while Adams is out, we will have become a very, very good team. And then the other guys will need to watch out for us. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nick_gb said:

Well boys if you want a chance at Emanuel Sanders you need to tune in tonight and root for the Chiefs.  A Denver loss makes them more willing to deal.

We were doing good until they did a QB sneak with Mahomes and his leg was torn off

Edited by Uffdaswede