2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

If Elway were a competent GM, he'd see the wisdom of dumping a few players now to accumulate draft picks.  Fact is, he's both incompetent and stubborn, and it wouldn't surprise me to see him keep this unit together until the bitter end.  Not getting my hopes up with him running that clown show.

I would like Sanders on the team, he would help us no doubt even though he's not what he once was.  But, rather than give a 3rd for an older rental I would give a ton more for Corey Davis in the slight chance he could possibly be obtained.

21 minutes ago, 15412 said:

I would like Sanders on the team, he would help us no doubt even though he's not what he once was.  But, rather than give a 3rd for an older rental I would give a ton more for Corey Davis in the slight chance he could possibly be obtained.

I hear your Sanders and Davis, and I raise you one Keenan Allen.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 15412 said:

True, but the same could be said about the Titans and Corey Davis.  Just makes good campfire talk, and my kind are afraid of fire.

Sanders seems to the only realistic option out there right now ... maybe AJ Green, but he's not even healthy yet.  Trade deadline is like next week.  I hope our big move wasn't the singing of Ryan Grant.

Edited by {Family Ghost}

21 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

You have to ask yourself why LA would do that

I'm not saying they will — in fact they almost certainly won't! — but it's feasible for a few reasons:

• The Chargers are 2-4 and could easily be 2-6 at the deadline
  • Rivers is turning 38 soon and in the final year of his contract
  • Allen has voiced some frustration the past couple weeks
  • Allen has only one year left on his deal
  • Allen is an absolute dream fit for the Packers
  • It's the Chargers, they're cheap and will do anything to save a few bucks

If we're going to speculate about who the Packers might trade for, Allen is my guy.

Edited by Lodestar
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

I'm not saying they will — in fact they almost certainly won't! — but it's feasible for a few reasons:

• The Chargers are 2-4 and could easily be 2-6 at the deadline
  • Rivers is turning 38 soon and in the final year of his contract
  • Allen has voiced some frustration the past couple weeks
  • Allen has only one year left on his deal
  • Allen is an absolute dream fit for the Packers
  • It's the Chargers, they're cheap and will do anything to save a few bucks

If we're going to speculate about who the Packers might trade for, Allen is my guy.

LA was supposed to be a contender this year, and they very well still can be. They're notorious for starting slow before getting scorching hot in the second half. They'll be getting James back soon. They just got Gordon and Henry back. Mahomes injury just opened the divisional door back up. The AFC is rather weak as a whole. LA's season is far from over, at least compared to Denver (Sanders) or the Bengals (Green) when discussing trade targets. 

If Adams is correct when he says he is aiming to be back next week @ KC, we will likely be okay, but with how good this defense is I would rather be more than okay. I'd be willing to give a 4th for Sanders, not higher.

I would not be willing to give anything for AJ Green unless he would re-sign here, but doing that will put too much money at WR. What makes sense for AJ is to either stay in Cinci under a big extension, or to be traded somewhere that would re-sign him for a big extension (my guess is San Fran), because they would be willing to give more. 

5 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

If Adams is correct when he says he is aiming to be back next week @ KC, we will likely be okay, but with how good this defense is I would rather be more than okay. I'd be willing to give a 4th for Sanders, not higher.

I would not be willing to give anything for AJ Green unless he would re-sign here, but doing that will put too much money at WR. What makes sense for AJ is to either stay in Cinci under a big extension, or to be traded somewhere that would re-sign him for a big extension (my guess is San Fran), because they would be willing to give more. 

You wouldn't rent Green for a 3rd? You're renting Sanders too. What's the difference?