2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

10 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Would drop a 2nd and a 2021 3rd for Sanu and Hooper 

Totally ... it would be a major coup to land Hooper.  The Packers have went thru free agent TE's right and left, so to land a proven young TE like Hooper would be a great thing.  Getting him inked long-term would be the trick, but we'd have the inside track.

Gotta think Atlanta has already approached Hooper about numbers and that's why he's on the block. The downside is that you end up with only a rental on Hooper and dead weight on Sanu. Then again we are have the highest paid TE now. Really need that money to be used elsewhere. Tonyan or Sternberger need to stay on the damn field.

Edited by cannondale

13 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Gotta think Atlanta has already approached Hooper about numbers and that's why he's on the block. The downside is that you end up with only a rental on Hooper and dead weight on Sanu. Then again we are have the highest paid TE now. Really need that money to be used elsewhere. Tonyan or Sternberger need to stay on the damn field.

You definitely take all of the money earmarked for Graham and put it towards a new deal with Hooper.  Without a new extension for Hooper you really can't give up a 2nd and a 3rd for those guys.

6 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

You definitely take all of the money earmarked for Graham and put it towards a new deal with Hooper.  Without a new extension for Hooper you really can't give up a 2nd and a 3rd for those guys.

Wasn't that money going to Clark ? Not sure we can afford this $18m tandem. Sly move by Atlanta. Dangle the upside TE but he needs a new deal and you have to take the boat anchor in Sanu too.

Edited by cannondale

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Wasn't that money going to Clark ? Not sure we can afford this $18m tandem. Sly move by Atlanta. Dangle the upside TE but he needs a new deal and you have to take the boat anchor in Sanu too.

Clark doesn't need a new deal until after 2020, regardless of how much he's earned one.

10 hours ago, Lodestar said:

I hear your Sanders and Davis, and I raise you one Keenan Allen.

I was actually just reading on some of this and it may have legs. 

He's been pretty upset with the Chargers and publicly displaying it on his twitter feed. It's a possibility he wants out.

16 hours ago, Chili said:

my point wasn't proven because I thought we had an excellent WR group.

Kumerow and Shep underwhelmed in a big way.  But when the game was on the line Lazard looked like an absolute stud.  I'd say our depth was pretty good all along.  

I'd still take a WR in next year's draft, but Adam's, MVS, 2nd round pick, Lazard, and EQ group would be pretty darn good.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Donzo said:

No doubt.

The Packers roster is already polluted with slow WRs. The Falcons can keep him and his 4.7 40.

His 40 time is irrelevant when it comes to running 5-15 yard routes. Sanu is savy as hell, knows how to set up CBs, and is better at getting open on intermediate routes than MVS and his 4.3 speed. That's not opinion, it's fact. We could use a WR like Sanu. He'd probably become our No. 2 WR in terms of targets by his 2nd week here. 

I'd rather pay more to get Sanders from Denver, but a decent day 3 pick would probably get Sanu and that's a steal. 

Edited by packfanfb

30 minutes ago, Donzo said:

No doubt.

The Packers roster is already polluted with slow WRs. The Falcons can keep him and his 4.7 40.

You think Green or Sanders are much faster in their 30s? We have Davante and MVS, both can get deep. All we need is a dependable route runner who doesn't drop passes and moves the chains.

You aren't going to find much speed on the trade market, and it's an overrated trait we really don't need anyway.

• Like 1