2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 hour ago, Leader said:

No. Get him ready - as ready as possible - for this season. I dont get this GBP thing - or their fans - where rookie TEs cant contribute something. Piss on that. Other teams seem to do it. It's our turn - and its not like our TE group has been knocking it out of the park. Opportunity exists.

Hockenson (1st round) seems to be doing well and OAK has one we see today: Justin Moreau (4th round). I remember reading in the DRAFT thread some Packer fans wanting this guy as a later round selection. Word is that Fant (1st round) is having an uneven rookie season - but he's on the field producing. 

Dude. It's not a GB thing. It's a league wide thing. Rookie TEs don't produce. The vast majority don't even make it over 500 yards. Hockenson MIGHT, but of his 190 yards, 130 of them came in a flukey Week 1. He's got 60 yards in 5 games since. Moreau has 97 yards, and Fant 160. Graham has 150. Are we really going to say those rookies are producing, then turn and crap on Graham when their production is essentially the same. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I like Graham in the sense that I am not marching to his house with a pitchfork, like some seem to be.  We are stuck with that salary for the rest of the season, might as well see if we can get any little bit out of him.  While I prefer Lewis and Tonyan to Graham, it isn't like we have Tony Gonzalez, Gronk, and Jason Witten just waiting to get on the field but the Graham contract keeps them there.  We gave a bad contract that luckily has an out after two seasons, such is the risk you take when getting into the free agent market.  I think the idea of Jimmy Graham was pretty well received here when he was signed, it just didn't work.

Agree with pretty much all of your post.  However, Tonyan, Jace and even Bayliss can and probably will do just as much or more than our current Graham.  He just fell off the cliff faster than anybody would have predicted.  Having a decent tight end would really make this offense even better.  

41 minutes ago, smetana34 said:

Dude. It's not a GB thing. It's a league wide thing. Rookie TEs don't produce. The vast majority don't even make it over 500 yards. Hockenson MIGHT, but of his 190 yards, 130 of them came in a flukey Week 1. He's got 60 yards in 5 games since. Moreau has 97 yards, and Fant 160. Graham has 150. Are we really going to say those rookies are producing, then turn and crap on Graham when their production is essentially the same. 

Dude - did I imply that Sternberger was gonna light the world on fire? If so, apologies abound.

No. I said get him on the field producing - meaning - as much as possible. Hell, the guys had squat of game action during PS and we're heading into Week 7. Unrealistic expectations I dont have - but - we also dont have a TE corps thats "over filling" the void on offense. 

We can use the help. Perhaps he can provide it - and yes - other teams do find ways to get their rookie TEs going and not starting from scratch year 2. We should be more like them.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Dude - did I imply that Sternberger was gonna light the world on fire? If so, apologies abound.

No. I said get him on the field producing - meaning - as much as possible. Hell, the guys had squat of game action during PS and we're heading into Week 7. Unrealistic expectations I dont have - but - we also dont have a TE corps thats "over filling" the void on offense. 

We can use the help. Perhaps he can provide it - and yes - other teams do find ways to get their rookie TEs going and not starting from scratch year 2. We should be more like them.

Dude. You went on some mini tangent about rookie tight ends. The proof is in the pudding about tight ends in their rookie seasons. My initial stance was Graham is our best option at tight end for this year and still is. Not worth arguing with people who think the unknown is better as it's all conjecture, so this will be my last comment on it. I'll go with what decades of history has shown

7 minutes ago, HeresAGuy said:

Lazard is a keeper.

We are being very resourceful with our depleted weapons right now overall

Yep.

He had that brutal drop (it happens), then just kept playing and making plays, including an amazing catch.

3 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

So what's the vibe after today's game, do we still need to give up some draft capital and some cap space and go out and get a receiver?

That's a good question. I've been on the fence about that one, thinking that if they can get a deal that makes sense, go for it. But this game definitely makes me lean toward the side of "It's not necessary." Maybe they have a bigger need for a defensive player if they want to make a move. 

3 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

That's a good question. I've been on the fence about that one, thinking that if they can get a deal that makes sense, go for it. But this game definitely makes me lean toward the side of "It's not necessary." Maybe they have a bigger need for a defensive player if they want to make a move. 

Interesting thought.  Gute has to be a little concerned about the run defense right now.  Clark went out ... any word?  We need help in the interior line and at middle line backer and Savage back asap.  His replacements haven't been up to snuff.    

7 minutes ago, Brit Pack said:

So what's the vibe after today's game, do we still need to give up some draft capital and some cap space and go out and get a receiver?

I still would like to add a good veteran .. don't want to get fooled by a game like today.  I think Shepherd's roster spot is tenuous.  He really offers next to nothing out there.