2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

We have no receivers other than Adams who generate separation. Not going to be a red zone passing offense with a crop like we've got. Why Adams targets are so low this year in the RZ is for sure a LaFleur problem. Injury or not, completely inexcusable to have Tae with 0 TDs with as many games as he's played.

We learned in the Eagles game that Rodgers in the redzone isn't a recipe for success. Since it's been taken away from him, the offense has been killing it in the redzone. 

I don't know how we can have strong opinions on any of these WRs when Rodgers won't throw to them. Kumerow and MVS are both better in yards/target than Adams this year, and lord only knows what MVS would be at if Rodgers didn't throw the deep ball like a highschooler. 

You understand the complete absurdity of Adams having 36% more targets than the 2nd next WR on the team???

Edited by AlexGreen#20

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

We learned in the Eagles game that Rodgers in the redzone isn't a recipe for success. Since it's been taken away from him, the offense has been killing it in the redzone. 

I don't know how we can have strong opinions on any of these WRs when Rodgers won't throw to them. Kumerow and MVS are both better in yards/target than Adams this year, and lord only knows what MVS would be at if Rodgers didn't throw the deep ball like a highschooler. 

You understand the complete absurdity of Adams having 36% more targets than the 2nd next WR on the team???

Yes that's absurd, tells me we need a #2 option. Don't tell me it's on the roster, cause it isn't.

5 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yes that's absurd, tells me we need a #2 option. Don't tell me it's on the roster, cause it isn't.

Why? so Rodgers can not throw to him?

Dude is an addict. 

We've seen it this year, take Adams away from him and he starts running the offense. Put Adams back in the lineup and he falls off the wagon. 

Edited by AlexGreen#20

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why? so Rodgers can not throw to him?

Dude is an addict. 

The only thing Rodgers is addicted to is protecting the football. Adams gets those targets because he wins routes. Rodgers isn't throwing 50/50 balls until the time on the clock dictates he do so. Resent him for it, and you obviously do, but that's who he is. It's the same reason we're an 8-2 team while having subpar defensive showings.

He'll throw tight window balls when the outcomes favors a catch or an incompletion, he's not going to toss one up to Kumerow for the sake of seeing if he makes a play. 

No evidence to say if you brought someone else in here who actually won separation in a route he wouldn't throw him the ball.

Just now, Packerraymond said:

The only thing Rodgers is addicted to is protecting the football. Adams gets those targets because he wins routes. Rodgers isn't throwing 50/50 balls until the time on the clock dictates he do so. Resent him for it, and you obviously do, but that's who he is. It's the same reason we're an 8-2 team while having subpar defensive showings.

He'll throw tight window balls when the outcomes favors a catch or an incompletion, he's not going to toss one up to Kumerow for the sake of seeing if he makes a play. 

No evidence to say if you brought someone else in here who actually won separation in a route he wouldn't throw him the ball.

1. We're an 8-2 team based on a whole number of factors. The fact that Packers fans keep trying to credit Rodgers exclusively for it is really damn gross. 

2. How many times do you need to see Graham or MVS open with Rodgers starring down Adams for entire plays? MVS wins routes also. There's 2 open deep shots a game that Rodgers either turns his nose up at or misses the thing by 5 damn yards. If Davante Adams is even with a guy going vertical, Adams is getting that target. If MVS has a step and a half, Rodgers is coming off it to see if Davante hasn't gotten open in the quarter second that he dared to take his eyes off his off his man. 

3. Nobody is asking Rodgers to throw 50/50 balls, but some 90/10 balls wouldn't go astray. There's a reason we suck on 3rd down. A big reason is that he'll happily double clutch his way into a sack because a sack doesn't hit his passer rating. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

1. We're an 8-2 team based on a whole number of factors. The fact that Packers fans keep trying to credit Rodgers exclusively for it is really damn gross. 

People are only crediting Rodgers for our success this year? I don't think I've seen much of that even here 

10 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

2. How many times do you need to see Graham or MVS open with Rodgers starring down Adams for entire plays? MVS wins routes also. There's 2 open deep shots a game that Rodgers either turns his nose up at or misses the thing by 5 damn yards. If Davante Adams is even with a guy going vertical, Adams is getting that target. If MVS has a step and a half, Rodgers is coming off it to see if Davante hasn't gotten open in the quarter second that he dared to take his eyes off his off his man. 

3. Nobody is asking Rodgers to throw 50/50 balls, but some 90/10 balls wouldn't go astray. There's a reason we suck on 3rd down. A big reason is that he'll happily double clutch his way into a sack because a sack doesn't hit his passer rating. 

I believe we're actually one of the best 3rd and less than 7 teams in the NFL. We suck on 3rd down because we've gotten off schedule and put ourselves in too many 3rd and unmanageable situations.

I don't have gamepass this year for the first time. Just work too much now to get any use of it, I don't see Graham or MVS win on the TV copy, but if you can see the all 22 I'll take your word for it.

2 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

I believe we're actually one of the best 3rd and less than 7 teams in the NFL. We suck on 3rd down because we've gotten off schedule and put ourselves in too many 3rd and unmanageable situations.

I don't have gamepass this year for the first time. Just work too much now to get any use of it, I don't see Graham or MVS win on the TV copy, but if you can see the all 22 I'll take your word for it.

Rodgers loves Davante. Both of these were TDs against the Panthers. 

gdmN8v8.png

whu8uzz.png

6 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Yeah the Jones one I saw, but at the same time if I'm a playcaller you get very few opportunities a game where they decide to single cover your #1. I get what you're saying, but I'm not angry my QB decides that's a presnap "go win" ball. He just didn't throw Tae a good ball from what I remember.

Him not throwing a good vertical ball is a big part of the problem, but the first look is the far more troubling one. He's got Cover-2 and he's double clutching like he's got a twitch, trying to see if he can't find a way to drop this ball in between the CB and the Safety. Why isn't Jimmy Graham getting even a look? This happens semi regularly. 

It's only been 2 games since Adams return, and one of those was the Chargers debacle. Of course Rodgers is gonna try to get him involved. Let's see what happens the next couple games. It's not like Rodgers was throwing to the receivers when Adams was out.

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, cannondale said:

It's only been 2 games since Adams return, and one of those was the Chargers debacle. Of course Rodgers is gonna try to get him involved. Let's see what happens the next couple games.

20 PPG with Adams (6 games)

33 PPG without Adams (4 games)

Admittedly we were playing tougher defense in those first 6 games, but IDK man. That's discouraging. 

7 minutes ago, cannondale said:

We are a different (better) offense now. The next couple games will tell the tale

Are we? Our last two games have looked a whole hell of a lot like our first four games:

RB Targets in first 4 games: 24 --- 21.3 PPG

RB Targets in next 4 games: 42 --- 33.5 PPG

RB Targets in next 2 games: 10 --- 17.5 PPG

Edited by AlexGreen#20