2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

29 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Kumerow is running with the 1s. He's highly regarded by QB and HC, he's not going anywhere and I'm the most anti Kumerow guy on here.

He might very well make the team, but he's not a lock. There are a number of scenarios in which he doesn't make the team.

(1) We only keep 5

(2) We keep 6, and Moore is one of them for upside

(3) We keep 6, and Moore isn't one of them (and neither is Kumerow), for special teams upside

8 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

He might very well make the team, but he's not a lock. There are a number of scenarios in which he doesn't make the team.

(1) We only keep 5

(2) We keep 6, and Moore is one of them for upside

(3) We keep 6, and Moore isn't one of them (and neither is Kumerow), for special teams upside

Then they're wasting a lot of practice time.

16 minutes ago, Norm said:

Does he though? 

I'm not being sarcastic. 

Like I've seen him catch passes. I've seen ESB catch more. Never heard anyone say all the does is make plays. It's just underdog talk to me. Just like what ghost said about him and the guy who called him a baller.

Rodgers clearly likes him but he's probably a great example setter. That doesn't mean EVERYTHING either.

Did you watch the 4 minute YouTube video that was posted on the Camp Thread?  Yah, he makes plays.  He made them last pre-season.  He made a couple when he got healthy and played, and he's making them again this pre-season.  At least that is how I feel.

I'd say getting #12 on your side is big part of the battle to really making it as a GB wide receiver.  

The main issue here is pretty simple.  Kumerow is playing better than a couple of other guys who have a much higher ceiling.  And Kumerow is older.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep the guy with limited upside who is older.  But yet here we are with Kumerow getting more or less first team reps.

I don't really know what to make of it...the competition, but I"m guessing that a tweaked groin or hammy will make decisions easier at cut down time.

23 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Legitimately asking, what are you basing his upside on?  He's a 27 year old who posted a 4.5 forty over 4 years ago.  Players don't usually become better athletes moving from their early to mid 20s.  Even saying he's a valuable second option seems like a stretch.  This is a dime a dozen player.  Every year, we have these guys who are exceed expectations but have very limited upside and offer very little in terms of ST value.  Right now, our top 3 (Adams, MVS, and Geronimo) are locked in.  I have a hard time arguing Kumerow over ESB because of the upside, and it's hard to take Kumerow over Davis because of the ST value that Davis provides.

Based on his performance in these last two off-seasons. Maybe he’s just one of these anomalies where his athletic profile/ prior history doesn’t matter. 

I’m also just basing this off what I read. I haven’t seen him practice at all. I just read on a fairly regular basis about him making plays on guys like Jaire, Roby and others. And I hear Rodgers consistently praise him, beat writers praise him.

There has to be a time where you gotta say that this doesn’t make sense, but it just works. 

Moore had some good reps as a gunner on the punt team last year.  He's big and fast and quick, and that's enough to be a pretty good ST player.  Not sure he's taken a lot of reps with the #1 ST units, but honestly he has a lot of upside as a ST player on top of his upside as a receiver.  

I just don't see the spot for Kumerow on this team.  He's not taking snaps from Adams/MVS/Allison, and does anyone really think he offers a significant upgrade over EQ as that #4 receiver?  Like what does he do that you can't just have EQ do?  

2 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Kumerow is playing better than a couple of other guys who have a much higher ceiling.  And Kumerow is older.  It doesn't make a lot of sense to keep the guy with limited upside who is older.  But yet here we are with Kumerow getting more or less first team reps.

That's super fair. That's my view and if the staff really think he's worthy of that, then so be it, I do trust them. Just doesn't exactly feel like a guy we always love. 

I'm not rooting for Kumerow to suck or get cut or anything like that. I'm just a dice roller when it comes to 4th type WRs, but maybe that's not what he is and I'm just all wrong. I was wrong about Allison.

Edit, no I didn't see that. Maybe I'll see if I can find it.

Edited by Norm

4 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I just don't see the spot for Kumerow on this team.  He's not taking snaps from Adams/MVS/Allison, and does anyone really think he offers a significant upgrade over EQ as that #4 receiver?  Like what does he do that you can't just have EQ do?  

Exactly this. It might be true that Kumerow is a top 5 WR on this team, but if he's 3rd in line to play actual snaps at actual positions he doesn't have a spot on the team.

If Davis/Shepherd are worst "overall" WRs, but have a bigger role both on specials and in certain playbook sections - they are more likely to have a spot on the team.

Just now, Norm said:

That's super fair. That's my view and if the staff really think he's worthy of that, then so be it, I do trust them. Just doesn't exactly feel like a guy we always love. 

I'm not rooting for Kumerow to suck or get cut or anything like that. I'm just a dice roller when it comes to 4th type WRs, but maybe that's not what he is and I'm just all wrong. I was wrong about Allison.

Edit, no I didn't see that. Maybe I'll see if I can find it.

I feel the same way.  

We always have this WR in camp that we love.  Makes a play here and there.  Gets released.  We bellyache a little, and he goes on to do next to nothing.  Apologies to Charles Johnson who did a little something.

It's different with Kumerow, somehow.  And I"m not exactly sure how, but to me, it has a lot to do with how Rodgers praises him and isn't afraid to throw him open.  

9 minutes ago, Rainmaker90 said:

Based on his performance in these last two off-seasons. Maybe he’s just one of these anomalies where his athletic profile/ prior history doesn’t matter. 

I’m also just basing this off what I read. I haven’t seen him practice at all. I just read on a fairly regular basis about him making plays on guys like Jaire, Roby and others. And I hear Rodgers consistently praise him, beat writers praise him.

There has to be a time where you gotta say that this doesn’t make sense, but it just works. 

That's not upside.  That's production.  And his production has largely come against backups.  He was "healthy" for the second half of the year last year, and the games (Jets and Lions) in which he played in over 50% of the snaps was a byproduct of players missing games.  Against the Lions, Davante Adams and ESB were inactive, and he was the top 3 WR along with Randall Cobb and MVS, although that's not saying much given WR4 was J'Mon Moore.  Against the Jets, he was the 3rd most used WR.  Your argument looks a LOT stronger IF Adams or Allison aren't playing.

4 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats AR drawing a line in the sand with the new HQ: "Give me my WR or I'm gonna change a lot of plays at the LOS"  :)

"Hey young WRs, put your nose the the grind stone like Jake does and stop pissing me off." That's kinda my view lol

3 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

mistakesdemotivator_large.jpeg?v=1554328

It could be that Kumerow's only purpose on the team is to serve as a practice example to others :)

Pretty much what I've been hinting at the entire time. But here in GB land, he's a baller *** playmaker from hell. The world ain't ready for his shine.

Edited by Norm