2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

26 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Apparently Wes Hod thinks it's more likely that Kumerow starts than it is likely that he's cut.  

We're obviously not sitting Adams.

I have a hard time thinking they will replace Allison with Kumerow since he also has Aaron's trust and more experience than Jake.

If we sit MVS to start both Allison and Kumerow I will riot. That's two maxed out receivers with relatively low ceilings stunting the development of our most promising WR. And this is not projecting, he already performed decently last year so it's not like we're forcing him on the field.

Just now, Packer_ESP said:

We're obviously not sitting Adams.

I have a hard time thinking they will replace Allison with Kumerow since he also has Aaron's trust and more experience than Jake.

If we sit MVS to start both Allison and Kumerow I will riot. That's two maxed out receivers with relatively low ceilings stunting the development of our most promising WR. And this is not projecting, he already performed decently last year so it's not like we're forcing him on the field.

Don't worry ESP, we have a new coach who will "scheme them open." Separation was only an issue under Mac. No more ISO routes, no more need to have legs.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Cheech said:

Apparently Wes Hod thinks it's more likely that Kumerow starts than it is likely that he's cut.  

He can think that all he wants, but he's not starting without some sort of attrition ahead of him.  Adams is clearly one of our starting WRs, and you'd have to assume that MVS is firmly ahead of him as well.  So he's going to have to beat out Allison for that 3rd starting WR spot.

7 minutes ago, Norm said:

Pretty much what I've been hinting at the entire time. But here in GB land, he's a baller *** playmaker from hell. The world ain't ready for his shine.

I think I said something like him being the lamb to the roster slaughter this year.

I don't think Aaron is in on the game or anything though, so that could be tricky...

Very glad Rodgers is NOT involved in personnel.

2 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I think I said something like him being the lamb to the roster slaughter this year.

I don't think Aaron is in on the game or anything though, so that could be tricky...

Running rabbit, carrot on a stick for the young guys, those have come to mind.

I'm probably way off and he'll have 50 snaps and 150 yards week one.

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I'm probably way off and he'll have 50 snaps and 150 yards week one.

Jared Abbrederis... except not even a draft pick to justify keeping him.

Ruvell Martin is the best example of a player we kept with such a limited skill set, and I think that was such a leaner year in terms of potential alternatives.

Camp stories just mean SO little to me.  Lot of people here getting caught up in wes hod et al.  Those guys are too close to be objective.

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Jared Abbrederis... except not even a draft pick to justify keeping him.

Ruvell Martin is the best example of a player we kept with such a limited skill set, and I think that was such a leaner year in terms of potential alternatives.

Camp stories just mean SO little to me.  Lot of people here getting caught up in wes hod et al.  Those guys are too close to be objective.

Brett the GOAT Swain came to mind. More kept for ST though I think. 

6 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Maybe if he was we wouldn't be picking age over talent.  Last year management saw fit to pay Randall Cobb like a top 10 WR instead of keeping Jordy who's the better player that they could have had for 1/3 the price. 

Similar to what a lot of fans want to do this year.  Picking youth and athleticism while essentially ignoring 100% of what has happened on the field.  You'd have thought that fans would have learned about drooling over Jeff Janis for 3 years.  

Serious question.  Kumerow is being made out to be a worthless scrub by a bunch of people in this thread.  Has AR12 ever been so eager about a guy who was garbage?  

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Has AR12 ever been so eager about a guy who was garbage?  

yes.  All of the players like abbrederis.  All of the players like Richard Rodgers.

If rodgers had his way MVS doesn't really see the field.  And look how that would have worked out.  Cobb vs Jordy was really about cap and longevity.  Jordy is now retired so... probably the right call was made there.  usually you don't retire after a season you think you were effective.  Cobb is still in the NFL and had a much more burdensome contract to move off of.

Right now youth and athleticism is also the players who were on the team last year playing significant WR snaps.  It's a new offensive system, and the reality is that the somewhat effective rookies will be given all the benefit of the doubt in their second season.  The Kumerow will just keep doing his thing.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SSG said:

Maybe if he was we wouldn't be picking age over talent.  Last year management saw fit to pay Randall Cobb like a top 10 WR instead of keeping Jordy who's the better player that they could have had for 1/3 the price. 

Similar to what a lot of fans want to do this year.  Picking youth and athleticism while essentially ignoring 100% of what has happened on the field.  You'd have thought that fans would have learned about drooling over Jeff Janis for 3 years.  

Serious question.  Kumerow is being made out to be a worthless scrub by a bunch of people in this thread.  Has AR12 ever been so eager about a guy who was garbage?  

https://www.google.com/search?client=ms-android-verizon-sscr&ei=xtZRXcrJHoOntQba0IagBQ&q=Aaron+Rodgers+on+jared+abbrederis&oq=Aaron+Rodgers+on+jared+abbrederis&gs_l=mobile-gws-wiz-serp.3..35i304i39.10250.10781..11000...0.0..0.146.741.0j6......0....1.........33i10.t6M7tegNXPA

Edited by Norm

1 minute ago, Norm said:

I don't know how people don't get this by now:

Step 1: Wisconsin Reporter asks Rodgers a question about a guy that he knows Packer fans want to like (Abbrederis, Janis, Kumerow, anybody noticing a pattern here?)

Step 2: Rodgers says something positive about a guy because he's not going to rip a teammate.

Step 3: Wisconsin Reporter reports that Aaron Rodgers likes a guy and is high on a guy because of said comments.

Step 4: Wisconsin fans get themselves in a tizzy because the guy they like is supposedly doing well and there's the "Rodgers connection"

Step 5: Packers cut the dude.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I don't know how people don't get this by now:

Step 1: Wisconsin Reporter asks Rodgers a question about a guy that he knows Packer fans want to like (Abbrederis, Janis, Kumerow, anybody noticing a pattern here?)

Step 2: Rodgers says something positive about a guy because he's not going to rip a teammate.

Step 3: Wisconsin Reporter reports that Aaron Rodgers likes a guy and is high on a guy because of said comments.

Step 4: Wisconsin fans get themselves in a tizzy because the guy they like is supposedly doing well and there's the "Rodgers connection"

Step 5: Packers cut the dude.

Then you get a guy like Wes Hod, Wisconsin native I believe. Went to like UWGB, you don't think he's gonna be fond of another Wisconsin kid? Of course. Human nature to a degree. But they pretend like words from Rodgers and Wisconsin guys replace how many years of doing nothing? He didn't even make the 53 week one last year right? Just really hard to believe he made a jump, I know we're a starting wr down with Cobb but still.