2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 hour ago, incognito_man said:

[On Kumerow] He might very well make the team, but he's not a lock. There are a number of scenarios in which he doesn't make the team.

(1) We only keep 5

(2) We keep 6, and Moore is one of them for upside

(3) We keep 6, and Moore isn't one of them (and neither is Kumerow), for special teams upside

I agree with all of this.

1 hour ago, deathstar said:

[in response to quote above] Then they're wasting a lot of practice time.

Yeah he has a point here. Giving out all those reps on Kumerow if we have no intention of keeping him is just wasteful that is lost reps for other players.

52 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

It could be that Kumerow's only purpose on the team is to serve as a practice example to others :)

I would be amazed if that was true. Playing 4D chess here. I'd have to say its highly unlikely as we have Adams for everybody to look up to as the standard. Why on earth would we do that with Kumerow.

45 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

So he's going to have to beat out Allison for that 3rd starting WR spot.

Yup. To justify keeping Kumerow on the roster beating out Allison is a must. If he cannot then we're wasting a roster space keeping him. He probably wouldn't even be a game day active as 4th receiver - that's probably Davis. He's essentially taking away a spot from a young high upside player.

If Kumerow beats out Allison then the same logic must apply to Allison. Cut him as he's essentially taking away a spot from a younger higher upside receiver.

In fact I had a sudden spark of memory just now....Allison does not play special teams at all does he. I seem to recall he barely played any ST snaps in his rookie season.  If that is still true then he has to establish himself as a starter to justify keeping him otherwise cutting him becomes a very viable possibility. Another factor to consider, Allison is going to be a FA next year and if he's not going to be part of our long term plans then cutting him is going to be easy. The likelihood of Allison getting cut is surprisingly high isn't it??

Man I've talked myself into being ok with cutting Allison.  xD

Edited by Chili

Just now, Chili said:

Yeah he has a point here. Giving out all those reps on Kumerow if we have no intention of keeping him is just wasteful that is lost reps for other players.

some people learn by doing.  SOme people learn by imitating. Some people learn by watching. Some people learn by reading.

Then you have to consider the other implications of having someone else on the field "doing the right" things does for the other 5-10 guys on offense and the other 5-11 guys on defense.  Giving reps to a guy who knows the system can benefit the team a LOT.  Giving reps to Moore (just an example people), if you don't think he gets it but you DO want to keep him, helps mostly just Moore.

So no, the reps aren't wasted at all.  If the coaches could go out there and run a few reps themselves they probably would for teaching and installation purposes.

11 minutes ago, Chili said:

Why on earth would we do that with Kumerow

I'm not saying this is 100% the truth, not it's not that illogical. But this is pretty easy to explain.

You aren't competing with Adams. You are with Jake. He keeps getting in front of you in reps, you start doing a little more work, you focus more, you study more. They can't use Adams like that, he's always going to be in front, they know that, nobody in there is thinking "why's this Adams guy taking all my snaps?"

As far as practice reps go, you could justify early camp reps setting up a standard for the lesser guys as being useful down the line. It's not like this is a game where Jake takes 50 and the other guys take 5. Is the disparity in practice reps that big from wr3 to wr5 this week in camp? No.

Edited by Norm

8 hours ago, Norm said:

I'm not sure, I doubt he played starters. But I wanted to know if it would matter before I went and checked.

Again, I'm not denying drops. I'm talking about ability to separate.

Sure it would. IF he were beating starters you’d give him more time or at least I would. I don’t remember him being open much last camp either though. Yet beating some 3-4th string scrub and dropping the ball doesn’t bode well in my book as well. 

6 hours ago, Donzo said:

If you want to complain about Moore’s drops and ignore his borderline elite ability to get open, then there isn’t anything to talk about… Just like if I said you can’t talk about his drops and only emphasize his fantastic skill set.

In recent history, the Packers have had two elite route runners, Adams and Jennings. Peak Jordy was damn good, too; but Adams and Jennings are the standard.

Moore is close to Adams and Jennings. He’ll probably be there with them if he can overcome the drops.

Dude, I just don’t see that at all yet. Like I said, I don’t count beating 3-4 stringers either. 

Question, why isn’t he playing earlier in the game if his routes and ability to get open are so good then?

20 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Sure it would. IF he were beating starters you’d give him more time or at least I would. I don’t remember him being open much last camp either though. Yet beating some 3-4th string scrub and dropping the ball doesn’t bode well in my book as well. 

No drops still suck but I remember pretty well him dropping two long touchdowns where he was wide open. I'll go look but I'm sure it was against nobodies. I still like his ability there. It's just the drops

3 minutes ago, Norm said:

No drops still suck but I remember pretty well him dropping two long touchdowns where he was wide open. I'll go look but I'm sure it was against nobodies. I still like his ability there. It's just the drops

I also love his ability but dang. From the sound of comments MLF has made he doesn’t quite get it yet either and hasn’t been the hardest worker. Just had 1 practice that the coaches or at least MLF really liked. That too is worrisome. 

He has time this pre season but the clock is ticking with him, if it were me. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Did anybody else think Moore maybe woke the hell up in that game? Seemed very upset with his performance and brought it in practice the rest of the week? Lord knows that dude with his hair on fire is a helluva player. 

I think it's what we're all hoping.  Was bummed there was no practice today because I really want to know how he follows that up.  I'm not writing off Moore until the cut comes down the wire, there's just too much talent and he knows how hard he needs to work to make it happen.  

9 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Cut Kumerow so the Patriots can pick him up and he can get his Welker, Amendola, Edelman groove on.

He's already been on the patriots. He wasn't even good enough for the whitest wr corp since the 60s

Edited by Norm
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

I think it's what we're all hoping.  Was bummed there was no practice today because I really want to know how he follows that up.  I'm not writing off Moore until the cut comes down the wire, there's just too much talent and he knows how hard he needs to work to make it happen.  

Literally was going to type "that's the hope." PS game 1, in year two. PS game how many for the other guy? And I'm still admitting I said I don't think he makes the team as it stands after that game.. But I sure ******* hope he does. You're so much better off with a Moore that can catch than a Kum. Get mad, but I'm confident as hell it's true. 

Edited by Norm

We may lose one or maybe two these receivers to Detroit. I guess the question would be which one would you be comfortable letting Detroit get.

I'm hoping like hell J'mon puts it together and makes this team. My worse nightmare would be him getting cut and going to Detroit and becoming the receiver we're hoping he would become here. And to add insult to injury coming back and torching our secondary twice a year.

Kumerow is another receiver I would hate to see in an Lions uniform. Guy just makes plays.

I guess I'd be comfortable with Davis going to Detroit because he's always hurt. I hope Shepherd and Lazard make it to the PS but that doesn't seem likely if they keep playing good in the preseason.