2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

13 hours ago, Cheech said:

Moore ran 3 routes in college.  I dont think we should conflate route running with his athletic ability.  

That's a good point about Moore's route history. This is also his 3rd offense in three years... That type of mental stress probably explains  some of issues with dropping passes. 

When I referenced route running, I really meant his ability to cut,  to cut & go and his fade/jib moves which result in excellent separation... Adams is crazy great at this. Moore is very good it (probably why he only ran three routes in college. He could make those work very well), and could become great at it, too.

13 hours ago, CWood21 said:

IF the Packers were to move on from J'Mon Moore, I'd imagine someone would gamble and trade a conditional draft pick for him.  Maybe nothing special, but I'd bet someone would gamble on his tools.  Less confident about Kumerow.

At his peak value he was only a late 4th round pick.  His rookie season was an abomination and he had no business being on the field with a NFL offense.  His sophomore season hasn't started any better with miscues and a plethora of drops.  There may be a team interested in adding him to their practice squad but I don't see him having any more value based on what has been a really piss poor tenure in the league.  He's the 7th or 8th best WR on one of the league's 5 worst WR cores.  

10 hours ago, craig said:

I think the comparison is being made talent-wise.  But my understanding is that Adams is and has always been super professional, high-effort,  and engaged in optimizing himself as a player. 

Yesterday's comments by MLF that Moore practiced with energy, seems to imply that he is not presently perceived by MLF as being a consistent energy/effort guy.  I'm not sure how much energy and effort matter in how well a player plays or develops, that might just be coach-talk.  But if it actually does matter, Adams may not be a good comp for Moore in that aspect.  

I don't see the comparison between the 2 players.  

Adams was middle of the road athlete who was a record setting WR at Fresno.  While he didn't run a full NFL route tree in college he played all over the field and was ultra productive.   Moore is a guy who was drafted where he was based on his elite athletic profile.  He was a limited college WR who lacked any sort of versatility.  He played outside the numbers, in the same position, on the same side of the field for his entire college career.  If you are looking at just abilities, Adams was a much more polished WR in every aspect of the position.  Their Characters are also substantially different.  Moore entered the NFL with character red flags and questions about his maturity.  Adams has been glorified since day 1 in the NFL for exactly what you stated in your second sentence. 

I know some are making Adams out to be a terrible player his rookie year but I don't think that's the case (and I'm a guy who questioned him after that sophomore year)  The reason so many fans were so down on him after that sophomore season was because of the through the roof expectations they had for him.  Those expectations aren't there without a very solid rookie season.  He certainly had struggles as a rookie but he also had games where he looked like a future star (New England and Dallas come to mind).  

Rob Demovsky:  Equanimeous St. Brown (knee) has been cleared to practice. He missed the last two days but is good to go after an MRI ruled out structural damage. Brown has been running as the Packers' No. 4 receiver behind Davante Adams, Marquez Valdes-Scantling and Geronimo Allison.

//////

Take that all you "Kumerow has passed EQ" folks. :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SSG said:

At his peak value he was only a late 4th round pick.  His rookie season was an abomination and he had no business being on the field with a NFL offense.  His sophomore season hasn't started any better with miscues and a plethora of drops.  There may be a team interested in adding him to their practice squad but I don't see him having any more value based on what has been a really piss poor tenure in the league.  He's the 7th or 8th best WR on one of the league's 5 worst WR cores.  

Using a hyperbole to prove a point only works if you don't take the hyperbole too far.  Saying that the Packers have a bottom-5 worst WR core is a ridiculous claim.  I'd easily take the Packers WR core (Adams/MVS/Allison) over the Bears (Robinson/Gabriel/Miller) and the Lions (Jones/Golloday/Amendola).  Despite getting picked roughly 4 rounds later than Anthony Miller, MVS actually outproduced Anthony Miller except in TD receptions which is a byproduct of situation.  Davante Adams massively dwarfed Allen Robinson's production as well.  Allison and Gabriel are negligible to me.  Just looking around the NFL, I'd easily take the Packers WR corp over the Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants, etc.  The Packers aren't even close to being a bottom 5 WR core.

• Like 1