2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

2 minutes ago, Lodestar said:

Kinda hard to tell from a herky-jerky GIF like that, but isn't that pretty good technique on a deep ball with no defender in the vicinity?

This guy gets it, I mean you can easily reach up and take it, but that one isn't the end of the world when it's coming in like that.

Edited by Norm

48 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Using a hyperbole to prove a point only works if you don't take the hyperbole too far.  Saying that the Packers have a bottom-5 worst WR core is a ridiculous claim.  I'd easily take the Packers WR core (Adams/MVS/Allison) over the Bears (Robinson/Gabriel/Miller) and the Lions (Jones/Golloday/Amendola).  Despite getting picked roughly 4 rounds later than Anthony Miller, MVS actually outproduced Anthony Miller except in TD receptions which is a byproduct of situation.  Davante Adams massively dwarfed Allen Robinson's production as well.  Allison and Gabriel are negligible to me.  Just looking around the NFL, I'd easily take the Packers WR corp over the Tennessee Titans, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, New York Giants, etc.  The Packers aren't even close to being a bottom 5 WR core.

It's not hyperbole, it's a difference in opinion.  You've got an extreme level of optimism about damn near every player we've ever rostered and I'm much more pessimistic.  Pretty sure you thought this was going to be an elite offense last year when the opposite was the reality.  When you look at Allison and MVS you see really good starting caliber WRs.  I see a 4th year guy with less than 800 career receiving yards and a sophomore that was playing as bad as any starting WR in the NFL over the second half.  We've got 1 WR on the roster who's shown that he's a good, consistent NFL starter.  Hopefully you are right and we see a substantial amount of improvement upon the terrible season our WR core had last year.

After looking a lil closer you are probably right that they aren't in the bottom 5 because of Adams but I'm not sure they are that far from.  WR cores like Detroit don't have a player like Adams but we don't have a #2 that comes anywhere close to Marvin Jones who was a 1100 yard/ 9 TD receiver in 17.

The fact that we're talking about a 5th year guy who's got 8 career catches possibly breaking into the starting lineup kind of speaks to the level of talent we have in this WR core.  Did Jake Kumerow suddenly become a guy who's going to make any roster in the NFL or is he making our roster because it's really skimpy on quality WR talent.  I hope Allison and MVS develop into sure things but it's far from a  guarantee IMO.

55 minutes ago, SSG said:

it's a difference in opinion.  You've got an extreme level of optimism about damn near every player we've ever rostered and I'm much more pessimistic.

Exaggerate a view opposite to your own to such a degree (see "extreme level of optimism about damn near every player") so as to make your view seem sensible, by comparison.

Lesson one in "How to survive and thrive, posting on an internet board". Once you know the technique, you'll see it everywhere. I should've syndicated it..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSG said:

It's not hyperbole, it's a difference in opinion.  You've got an extreme level of optimism about damn near every player we've ever rostered and I'm much more pessimistic.  Pretty sure you thought this was going to be an elite offense last year when the opposite was the reality.  When you look at Allison and MVS you see really good starting caliber WRs.  I see a 4th year guy with less than 800 career receiving yards and a sophomore that was playing as bad as any starting WR in the NFL over the second half.  We've got 1 WR on the roster who's shown that he's a good, consistent NFL starter.  Hopefully you are right and we see a substantial amount of improvement upon the terrible season our WR core had last year.

After looking a lil closer you are probably right that they aren't in the bottom 5 because of Adams but I'm not sure they are that far from.  WR cores like Detroit don't have a player like Adams but we don't have a #2 that comes anywhere close to Marvin Jones who was a 1100 yard/ 9 TD receiver in 17.

The fact that we're talking about a 5th year guy who's got 8 career catches possibly breaking into the starting lineup kind of speaks to the level of talent we have in this WR core.  Did Jake Kumerow suddenly become a guy who's going to make any roster in the NFL or is he making our roster because it's really skimpy on quality WR talent.  I hope Allison and MVS develop into sure things but it's far from a  guarantee IMO.

To be fair to the guys on the roster, I dont think we know what we have yet, at least outside of Adams.

The new offense utilizes more pre-snap motion that is already giving a guy like Trevor Davis new life.  The jet sweeps, crossers, and play action game could help a lot of the young guys produce at a level not possible in the old "just beat the man in front of you" offense.  

Now, we both know that MM started to use some stacked sets, motion, and route combinations to help free up his guys last year, but I'm just a lot more optimistic that the size/speed combo that we currently have at WR could take off in the Shannahan offense.

There's a reason MVS is getting so much hype.  There's a lot to like there on film.  If you just looked at his rookie year in a vacuum with no context, there's no way you'd have pegged him as lower than a 2nd round pick.  6'4", runs like the wind, catches with his hands more often than not, and is willing to run anything you ask him to.  EQ also had a nice year, Allison has put enough good film up to know he's real, and the guys behind that group are playing well in camp and preseason.  You never "know" anything in the NFL, but there's really no evidence that the Packers receiving corps is worse than middle of the pack.  Sure it's a pretty uncertain group both long and short term, but just going off talent and last year's production it's unlikely the floor is worse than being a pretty solid group.