2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I don't think this team is keeping 6 WRs.  If you can get moore or shepherd or kumerow on the PS that's good enough.

If davis is healthy he's the 5th.

I would have agreed before Gute released Grant.  Now I think we keep 6 WR and 4 backs.  We can stash a 5th RB on the PS.

4 minutes ago, Cheech said:

I would have agreed before Gute released Grant.  Now I think we keep 6 WR and 4 backs.  We can stash a 5th RB on the PS.

for me it's the TEs not the backs.

If the base offense is 2TE 2 WR 1 RB, you need just as many TEs as RBs.  So I would expect 4 TEs

Just got a chance to watch the game on NFL network. No way the Packers can keep Moore. The guy can't catch the football and that is a problem for his position. He wants to body catch everything, even when it's clearly not the option. 

I don't think I'd bring him back on the practice squad either. Time to move on from him. 

I'll say we keep six: Adams, Allison, MVS, ESB, Kumerow and either Davis or Shepard. I'm not sold on Davis is 'perfect' for this offense. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Just got a chance to watch the game on NFL network. No way the Packers can keep Moore. The guy can't catch the football and that is a problem for his position. He wants to body catch everything, even when it's clearly not the option. 

I don't think I'd bring him back on the practice squad either. Time to move on from him. 

I'll say we keep six: Adams, Allison, MVS, ESB, Kumerow and either Davis or Shepard. I'm not sold on Davis is 'perfect' for this offense. 

Bruh

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Bruh

It's my opinion. I don't think body catchers suddenly learn how to catch with their hands. If you can't catch consistently with your hands you can't play in the NFL. Oh how I wish the light would come on but it's obviously not how he's caught the ball his entire life, you can see that. I don't see him overcoming it. 

4 minutes ago, Golfman said:

It's my opinion. I don't think body catchers suddenly learn how to catch with their hands. If you can't catch consistently with your hands you can't play in the NFL. Oh how I wish the light would come on but it's obviously not how he's caught the ball his entire life, you can see that. I don't see him overcoming it. 

Why does the defense of every indefensibly bad opinion start that way?

You would think the shocking similarities between Moore and baby Adams from a skillset and build perspective would grant fans a little bit longer memory in declaring a receiver, in their second preseason struggling with their hands, a lost cause. But alas here we remain. 

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Why does the defense of every indefensibly bad opinion start that way?

You would think the shocking similarities between Moore and baby Adams from a skillset and build perspective would grant fans a little bit longer memory in declaring a receiver, in their second preseason struggling with their hands, a lost cause. But alas here we remain. 

Davante Adams could catch so the skillset comparison stops there. Yes, Adams struggled in year two, but he was playing through injuries which obviously affected his concentration. I was NEVER down on Davante Adams, never thought he was going to be a bust. 

You say it's a bad opinion and THAT is your OPINION, nothing more, nothing less. The difference is you try and pawn it off as fact. It's not! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Golfman said:

For a long time I had the same opinion as you regarding body catchers. Yet i've seen serial body catchers go on to succeed in the NFL so basically I've come around to a new kind of thinking: 

"It doesn't matter HOW you catch the ball as long you DO catch the ball".

Having said that at the end of the day nothing beats hand catchers. Hand catchers has a natural larger catch radius which makes life easier for QBs. With the larger radius they essentially catching the ball a fraction earlier than body catchers as the ball doesn't have to travel as far. Catching earlier also means you're more likely to avoid big hits which could lead to fumbles. Hand catching essentially creates good habits in general WR play and better ball security.

Edited by Chili

2 minutes ago, Chili said:

For a long time I had the same opinion as you regarding body catchers. Yet i've seen serial body catchers go on to succeed in the NFL so basically I've come around to a new kind of thinking: 

"It doesn't matter HOW you catch the ball as long you DO catch the ball".

Having said that at the end of the day nothing beats hand catchers. Hand catchers has a natural larger catch radius which makes life easier for QBs. With the larger radius they essentially catching the ball a fraction earlier than body catchers as the ball doesn't have to travel as far. Catching earlier also means you're more likely to avoid big hits and fumbles. Hand catching essentially creates good habits in general WR play and better ball security.

But he's not a good body catcher either. He fights the ball and the ball wins way too often. Antonio Freeman was a body catcher, although he could catch with his hands when needed. 

Don't get me wrong, I want Moore to figure it out. I just don't see it happening. 

Edited by Golfman
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Davante Adams could catch so the skillset comparison stops there. Yes, Adams struggled in year two, but he was playing through injuries which obviously affected his concentration. I was NEVER down on Davante Adams, never thought he was going to be a bust. 

You say it's a bad opinion and THAT is your OPINION, nothing more, nothing less. The difference is you try and pawn it off as fact. It's not! 

You're attempting to revise history:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/11/27/aaron-rodgers-has-a-davante-adams-problem/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000665257/article/packers-davante-adams-wasnt-proud-of-2015-season

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2015/11/29/davante-adams-angry-drops-vs-bears/76485210/

https://lombardiave.com/2016/01/28/green-bay-packers-roster-cut-candidate-davante-adams/2/

https://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/9633/the-packers-should-probably-cut-davante-adams

https://247sports.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/Board/103108/Contents/Davante-Adams-voted-least-valuable-player-for-the-2015-Packers-71124285/

https://totalpackers.com/2016/07/davante-adams-youre-cut/

Adams couldn't catch a damn thing in preseason that year, even before he got injured. Obviously the links are not high quality, but there's not a ton left on the internet from preseason four years ago. 

Why would you write off a guy before his second year? Especially one that you knew was going to need significant developmental work?

19 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams had his issues year one.....and year two was problematic for different reasons.....but I was always in his camp. Saw the promise. Did I ever think he'd become as good as he has? No...but then I dont project forward that way.

I wasnt around here in year one - but there were detractors....which isnt a problem "per se" - everybodies entitled, but some were a bit more definitivate than others.

I got completely sold on Adams in a rather late season game.....the one against DAL with Dez's catch/non-catch.

Two flashes/plays:

Adams takes in a quick, shortish slant over the middle and puts a real nice move on (somebody....#24) - just cuts/breaks his run to the right and breaks the defenders ankles off. Goes in for the TD. I'd not seen him make such a quick / instinctual move like that before....and it stood out to me.

Third and crucial cause its late - AR finds Adams on a quick out - maybe 7-10 yards. First:  ARs going to Adams when the chips are in the middle of the table - and second - its a contested catch - the DB's on it. Well, Adams gets both hands on the ball and actually uses the ball to "push" the defender away - as if to say "this is mine" - and it was. A crucial first down was ours. I like that attitude in any player and it stood out cause he was a rookie.

Edited by Leader