2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I've never said they would. But I think the idea that it can be completely dismissed is misplaced. I think people lump 2010 Rodgers and 2011 Rodgers together, even though they are very much not the same players 

So the idea of arguing on extremes of statements is not the best practice.

6 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Right, and my response was that most quarterbacks in the league could score 17 points, 15 points, 8 points and 18 points necessary to win the Super Bowl that year.  Our defense that year was elite.  So elite Cousins could have won a Super Bowl.  There were dominant defenses in the NFL, and then there was our defense.  I don't think there have been many defenses that were that good at stopping the run, stopping the pass AND creating turnovers.  Not only turnovers, but touchdowns, too. 

Until Kirk Cousins wins a playoff game, I think expecting him to do something like win 3 in a row should be slowed down

Just now, squire12 said:

So the idea of arguing on extremes of statements is not the best practice.

Valid argument. I don't even disagree. I don't have a dog in this fight really. I would have to go back and watch those playoff games. My recollection is:

Eagles game was an alright game. Not great.

Atlanta might be the best game a QB has ever played ever.

Chicago was an all-time horrific game.

Pittsburgh was a good game. 

10 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Until Kirk Cousins wins a playoff game, I think expecting him to do something like win 3 in a row should be slowed down

He hasn’t had a head coach who has won a playoff game either though.  You honestly think Kirk couldn’t win a playoff game with Belichick?  I’m by no means saying McCarthy is Belichick, but McCarthy is a better head coach than Cousins has had.  If you disagree, you’re blinded by McCarthy hate.  McCarthy was not a bad coach.  His offense will still work if he gets a competent QB willing to run it.

McCarthy’s weakness was philosophical differences with an egotistical QB and too much loyalty to bad coaches.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

He hasn’t had a head coach who has won a playoff game either though.  You honestly think Kirk couldn’t win a playoff game with Belichick?  I’m by no means saying McCarthy is Belichick, but McCarthy is a better head coach than Cousins has had.  If you disagree, you’re blinded by McCarthy hate.  McCarthy was not a bad coach.  His offense will still work if he gets a competent QB willing to run it.

McCarthy’s weakness was philosophical differences with an egotistical QB and too much loyalty to bad coaches.  

Since when did Bill Belicheck coach GB in 2010?

So now the failings of Cousins to win vs +.500 teams  is on his coaching?

I'll stand by what I said and you can save this for later if I turn out to be wrong. Unless he goes to a team with a top 5 QB in the league, MM won't coach another playoff game in his career. Again, I have my doubts any such team will come calling for him. 

2 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Wow... This sums up is what your Packer-fandom is all about. Besides being pathetic, it's a ginourmous waste of time.

God bless.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

Since when did Bill Belicheck coach GB in 2010?

So now the failings of Cousins to win vs +.500 teams  is on his coaching?

Imagine losing a game you went:

36/50 for 422 yards, 3TDs and 0 INTs.

30/37 for 301 yards, 1 TD and 0 INTs

31/41 for 359 yards, TDs and 1 INT.

Those were Cousins lines against the Rams, Eagles, and Saints this year. They went 1-2 in those games and the win was by 2 points. Kirk Cousins didn't play poorly against good teams last year.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

One of these is Rodgers 2010, the other is Kirk Cousins last year.

Player A: 65.7%/3922 yards /28 TDs /11 INTs

Player B: 70.1%/4298 yards/30 TDs/10 INTs

Not saying that we would have won the SB with Cousins, not even saying that Rodgers 2010 season wasn't a  better year. Just feel like dismissing the idea out of hand isn't appropriate either. 

yeah it is.  I dismiss it.  It's out of my hand.

y'all taking crazy pills.

10 minutes ago, Donzo said:

Wow... This sums up is what your Packer-fandom is all about. Besides being pathetic, it's a ginourmous waste of time.

God bless.

Not as pathetic as the narcissists that have unrealistic expectations for their NFL teams and then make scapegoats of previous organization members to the point of revising history to attribute exclusive credit to their golden boy.

47 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Chicago was an all-time horrific game.

he made the 2nd best play in that game (tackle on urlacher).

GLOSSING OVER THE FACT HE NEEDED TO MAKE THAT TACKLE FOR *REASONS*

we are gonna skip that part.  He made the 2nd best play in the GAME.  YOU CANNOT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM THAT WOULD BE CHERRY PICKING.

trying my hand at outposting.  You just pick random parts of an argument then preemptively call out others for cherry picking even though that's what you did.

1 minute ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just posted Cousins' stats against three really good football teams from this year. That's more offensive production than the Packers got out of three of their wins. 

I don't see how we coudl win with cousins he was still at MSU.

Just now, skibrett15 said:

he made the 2nd best play in that game (tackle on urlacher).

GLOSSING OVER THE FACT HE NEEDED TO MAKE THAT TACKLE FOR *REASONS*

we are gonna skip that part.  He made the 2nd best play in the GAME.  YOU CANNOT TAKE THAT AWAY FROM HIM THAT WOULD BE CHERRY PICKING.

trying my hand at outposting.  You just pick random parts of an argument then preemptively call out others for cherry picking even though that's what you did.

Sam Shields had 2 interceptions and a forced fumble in that game, including the game winner. 

This isn't even a good outposting