2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

7 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just posted Cousins' stats against three really good football teams from this year. That's more offensive production than the Packers got out of three of their wins. 

you omitted the attempts though.

If cousins had 475 attempts in 2010 assuming he had his normal 2018 year his stats would be:

3373 yards, 24 TDs, 8 INTs.

Plus you forgot Rodgers extra 250 rushing yards, and 3 extra rushing TDs.  Not sure why, but you did.

I think it would be extremely fair to say that Kirk Cousins is somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 the QB in 2018 that Rodgers was in 2010.  If you don't want to zoom in at all, sure they are kind of comparable.  Sort of.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not gonna disagree with anything that you're saying. I will say that Rodgers has always had a better passer rating than he has an overall offense. 

I think Rodgers was a very good QB in 2010. The question I have is whether that defense could have won it with just a good QB?

My guess would be no. Rodgers was one of the best in the league, especially at the end of the year, and they just barely squeaked into the playoffs, plus three of the four playoff wins were by small margins. I know that Rodgers did not light up the scoreboard in those games, but most teams that win the Super Bowl, even with great offenses, have at least one or two playoff games where they have to grind it out against good defenses. I would assume that a lesser QB would not have played as well as Rodgers did in those games, and it would have cost the Packers a game at some point. That was an excellent defense, but I don't think it was one of those super defenses that could win games by itself week after week. 

Just now, skibrett15 said:

you omitted the attempts though.

If cousins had 475 attempts in 2010 assuming he had his normal 2018 year his stats would be:

3373 yards, 24 TDs, 8 INTs.

Plus you forgot Rodgers extra 250 rushing yards, and 3 extra rushing TDs.  Not sure why, but you did.

I think it would be extremely fair to say that Kirk Cousins is somewhere between 2/3 and 3/4 the QB in 2018 that Rodgers was in 2010.  If you don't want to zoom in at all, sure they are kind of comparable.  Sort of.

If Cousins was asked to throw it around more rather than keeping things contained and on schedule, he probably would have had fewer attempts. 

I don't really think that this squad would have won the super bowl with Kirk Cousins at QB, but this team at no point in the playoffs needed a GREAT game from it's QB. 

4 minutes ago, Greg C. said:

My guess would be no. Rodgers was one of the best in the league, especially at the end of the year, and they just barely squeaked into the playoffs, plus three of the four playoff wins were by small margins. I know that Rodgers did not light up the scoreboard in those games, but most teams that win the Super Bowl, even with great offenses, have at least one or two playoff games where they have to grind it out against good defenses. I would assume that a lesser QB would not have played as well as Rodgers did in those games, and it would have cost the Packers a game at some point. That was an excellent defense, but I don't think it was one of those super defenses that could win games by itself week after week. 

That defense allowed an average of 21 points per game in the playoffs, but forced 3 TOs per game. 

That number includes a fumble on the Packers 24 yardline that the Eagles converted into a TD and a kickoff return for a TD. 

43 minutes ago, TransientTexan said:

Not as pathetic as the narcissists that have unrealistic expectations for their NFL teams and then make scapegoats of previous organization members to the point of revising history to attribute exclusive credit to their golden boy.

No, that's pathetic, but not as pathetic.

Really, I'm not really sure what you're talking about. I don't know who'd be a golden boy in GB. Maybe Lombardi, but there are even senseless posters like agreen20 that drop a lot of hate on him, too.

1 hour ago, Uffdaswede said:

My bad.

Arguments for and against keeping only five receivers?

Right now the top five are Adams, Allison, MVS, Kumerow, and EQ. If you were going to ditch one of those in favor of keeping Davis or Sheppard as a returner, it would have to be Kumerow, because EQ is too talented to cut, even though he's had a quiet camp. But Kumerow looks like he could be a significant contributor to the offense this year, especially if there are injuries. They have been giving him a lot of quality reps in practice and preseason, and for the most part he has delivered, so that would all be a waste of time if they cut him. 

I do think that either Davis or Sheppared needs to be kept as a returner so they don't have to start from scratch with that position again, and Kumerow and EQ should be kept, so they need at least six. Another factor is that I don't think there are any other positions on offense where the talent is deep enough to justify overloading those positions. Also, maybe Moore will start catching the ball, or they opt to keep both Davis and Sheppard, in which case there would be an argument for keeping seven. I would say that six is probably enough, but seven is more likely than five. 

I'm singin' in the rain
Just singin' in the rain
What a glorious feeling
I'm happy again
I'm laughin' at clouds
So dark up above
The sun's in my heart
And I'm ready for love
Let the stormy clouds chase
Everyone from the place
Come on with the rain
I've a smile on my face