2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

I would not be shocked in EQ was a player that was moved before cut down.  Of all the WR in the mix for the last WR spot, I think he would have the most trade value and could net something in return that is needed....  Vet ILB

It would be tough to move on after what he showed in year 1, but I feel that he has stagnated a bit and there are other WR that could fill that role.

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I would not be shocked in EQ was a player that was moved before cut down.  Of all the WR in the mix for the last WR spot, I think he would have the most trade value and could net something in return that is needed....  Vet ILB

It would be tough to move on after what he showed in year 1, but I feel that he has stagnated a bit and there are other WR that could fill that role.

Has he stagnated, or are reporters just not asking questions about him to establish a narrative of positivity?

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Has he stagnated, or are reporters just not asking questions about him to establish a narrative of positivity?

Could be that certainly.  Just seems like there is very little buzz about him vs the rest of the group.  

I am not able to go to practice and see them and the game view does not really offer enough to see if he is running routes well, getting open, etc.  
When coaches/QB are talking about the WR group, his name seems to be low on the frequency.

I am not saying that is what I would do, but I would not be surprised by it either

I have never seen Anime make the kind of catch that Lazard made against Houston. The leap, the boxing of his area and the highpointing of the catch. This is what you want to see out of your big WRs.

Anime college highlights: 

Rookie season highlights:

vs Ravens. I thought the throw was fine, Anime wasn't quick enough to get to it imo.

I have noticed that he looks quick vs college competition but against nfl competition he looks pedestrian. Secondly his catches tend to be basket/body catches so he isn't making full use of his frame. He's capable of reaching out and catching with his hands but it appears he isn't doing it enough. He hasn't shown much leaping ability for a man his size either - not seen it on any of the highlights. All these factors might be why he isn't showing up and scoring TDs in the red zone for us. A guy that big should be a dominant red zone contributor.

Just a quick look through his preseason games last year, the regular season games and now this year's preseason....you guys do realise he has NEVER scored a TD for us!!!! :o

His quiet training camp coupled with not making any catches in preseason games is concerning. I'm more convinced than ever that his position is on the roster bubble. Lazard is the exact same type of player and he's showing far far more at the moment.

Are we all wrong about him? We have all assumed he's a roster lock. Right now I honestly don't think so. What do you all think based on the evidence before you?

Edited by Chili

15 minutes ago, Chili said:

I have never seen Anime make the kind of catch that Lazard made against Houston. The leap, the boxing of his area and the highpointing of the catch. This is what you want to see out of your big WRs.

Anime college highlights: 

Rookie season highlights:

I have noticed that he looks quick vs college competition but against nfl competition he looks pedestrian. Secondly his catches tend to be basket/body catches so he isn't making full use of his frame. He's capable of reaching out and catching with his hands but it appears he isn't doing it enough. He hasn't shown much leaping ability for a man his size either - not seen it on any of the highlights. All these factors might be why he isn't showing up and scoring TDs in the red zone for us. A guy that big should be a dominant red zone contributor.

Just a quick look through his preseason games last year, the regular season games and now this year's preseason....you guys do realise he has NEVER scored a TD for us!!!! :o

His quiet training camp coupled with not making any catches in preseason games is concerning. I'm more convinced than ever that his position is on the roster bubble. Lazard is the exact same type of player and he's showing far far more at the moment.

Are we all wrong about him? We have all assumed he's a roster lock. Right now I honestly don't think so. What do you all think based on the evidence before you?

y2x9O6F.png

Rodgers only throws to Davante Adams in the redzone. That's why there aren't any TDs. EQ has been comfortably the 4th guy behind Adams/MVS/Allison. 

Lazard is going against scrubs in garbage time. 

EQ is having a quiet training camp because his knee is hurting. Frankly he probably shouldn't even be playing.

Edited by AlexGreen#20
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Rodgers only throws to Davante Adams in the redzone. That's why there aren't any TDs. EQ has been comfortably the 4th guy behind Adams/MVS/Allison. Lazard is going against scrubs in garbage time. 

EQ is having a quiet training camp because his knee is hurting. Frankly he probably shouldn't even be playing.

Can you spell r-o-s-t-e-r-l-o-c-k? I can :)

1 hour ago, squire12 said:

When coaches/QB are talking about the WR group, his name seems to be low on the frequency.

Agree - He's not getting a lot of pub, but that may be by design.
When EQ arrived, he was carrying some baggage, both in terms of himself and his outspoken and heavily involved father.
EQ has kept his head in the playbook and his mouth shut. Now all of that pre-draft noise has gone away.

Also - Das Gute was singing his praises earlier when asked about: "Who made the leap ?"
There was also mention of his downfield blocking skills being the best of the bunch, that came from Coach Whitted. 

My 6 now are Adams, MVS, EQ, Ally, Kumerow, and Shepherd.

Shep gets the Davis KR spot.(sorry Davis, too many injuries)

Moore still hasn’t shown anything and was in a car wreck (maybe he can somehow leverage that to getting  IR’d).

EQ has enough equity based of last year (even though I will say I think he was a 5th wr on a normal team that got run based off injuries). I think next year is the jump or gone year for him.

I think Lazard is a neat story, but a few plays against scrubs isn’t enough to beat EQ. 

I don’t see a world Kumerow doesn’t make it.

22 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I'm not gonna disagree with anything that you're saying. I will say that Rodgers has always had a better passer rating than he has an overall offense. 

I think Rodgers was a very good QB in 2010. The question I have is whether that defense could have won it with just a good QB?

The Packers lost 6 games that season.  The Bears and Falcons beat them by 3, the Dolphins and Redskins beat them by 3 in OT, and the Lions and Patriots beat them by 4.  They also beat the Eagles by 7, Lions by 2, Vikings by 4, and the Bears by 7.  That is 10/16 games settled by less than a score.  The Jets game was a 9-0 snooze-fest. I'll give a middle of the road QB the benefit of the doubt in the 5 other games that the Packers won decisively.  Does QBX win the close games the Packers won? Does he squeak by in one of the close losses?

Remember that the Packers needed to be at least 10-6 to make the playoffs that season.  And the rushing attack was less than stellar. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

FWIW, I've listened to most of 12's locker room conferences this year and I haven't heard him mention EQ a single time. He's talked about Kumerow obviously, praised MVS for his practice habits, and has talked about Lazard and Shepherd by name. Seriously don't believe I've heard him mention EQ once. 

So to your point, one that means reporters aren't talking about him or asking 12 about him, and two, 12 isnt finding any reason, good or bad, to mention his name.