2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

The practice squad is kind of designed for developmental guys.  Seems to me that Moore may be a good fit.  

I'm guessing both Shepherd and Moore going to the practice squad.  And the other six making the 53, both Davis and Kumerow included.  

7 minutes ago, craig said:

The practice squad is kind of designed for developmental guys.  Seems to me that Moore may be a good fit.  

I'm guessing both Shepherd and Moore going to the practice squad.  And the other six making the 53, both Davis and Kumerow included.  

I would consider keeping Shep over Kumerow for a couple reasons:

(1) different skillset than anyone else in the WR corps. What does Kumerow offer than Adams, Allison and ESB don't?

(2) Longer contract control.

If I'm playing chess, I probably keep 6, but Kumerow isn't among them. He might have a bit of trade value as a #5 on some team as well, where we could shore up a position of bigger weakness.

Adams, Allison, MVS, ESB, Davis, Shep is a nice diverse corps that covers a lot of looks. Kumerow doesn't really add much to the group.

Edited by incognito_man

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are we watching the same dude who couldn't get a glimmer of space and had to catch everything contested against some backups? 

We all know about the second and third year leap that players take, but apparently that goes right out the window when we're talking about an uninspiring inspiring white dude from a Wisconsin college. 

ftfy

The key words are 'catch everything', that always has a high value. The fact is that he is a guy Rodgers refers to multiple times in glowing terms, also helps since he is the guy who chooses who to throw to him. 

Now, I had Kumerow as no.6 receiver on the Packers roster, as I wrote earlier, behind Adams, MVS, Allison, ESB, Davis (though you could put him anywhere between 4th and 6th WR), so I'm not over-valuing him, but he HAS had a quite excellent camp............. and that is what gets you on a team.

A 6'3" guy who runs great routes, has the confidence of QB1, and catches everything...... he may not be an elite athlete, but what he is, is a natural football player. Speed isn't the only way a WR can win. K is a bit like James Jones (both had similar weights, Jones was 6'1"and ran a 4.59 to K's 4.54 ), don't underestimate guys who can regularly win contested catches.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive

6 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are we watching the same dude who couldn't get a glimmer of space and had to catch everything contested against some backups?

Which is true - Kumerow didnt get much separation - but (to his credit) he did clamp down on the passes - but (and the reason for this post...) I was more appreciative of the passes - which by necessity had to be right on the money - and were - so I'm filing these plays away in the Hope For Kizer file :)

17 minutes ago, Leader said:

Which is true - Kumerow didnt get much separation - but (to his credit) he did clamp down on the passes - but (and the reason for this post...) I was more appreciative of the passes - which by necessity had to be right on the money - and were - so I'm filing these plays away in the Hope For Kizer file :)

I just can't fathom Rodgers who threw maybe five contested passes all year outside of the redzone deciding to throw to a dude like Kumerow who can't get open.

31 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

ftfy

The key words are 'catch everything', that always has a high value. The fact is that he is a guy Rodgers refers to multiple times in glowing terms, also helps since he is the guy who chooses who to throw to him. 

Now, I had Kumerow as no.6 receiver on the Packers roster, as I wrote earlier, behind Adams, MVS, Allison, ESB, Davis (though you could put him anywhere between 4th and 6th WR), so I'm not over-valuing him, but he HAS had a quite excellent camp............. and that is what gets you on a team.

A 6'3" guy who runs great routes, has the confidence of QB1, and catches everything...... he may not be an elite athlete, but what he is, is a natural football player. Speed isn't the only way a WR can win. K is a bit like James Jones (both had similar weights, Jones was 6'1"and ran a 4.59 to K's 4.54 ), don't underestimate guys who can regularly win contested catches.

You fixed nothing.

Kumerow having solid hands isn't worth much if he can't get open. 

Kumerow should be referred to in glowing terms from a knowledge and maturity standpoint  when compared to the rest of the guys he's competing with. He's 4 years older and more mature.

Jake Kumerow doesn't run great routes. He runs decent routes. He doesn't catch everything, he has good hands. He isn't a natural football player, he's a guy that's maxed out an athletically limited frame.

Jake Kumerow isn't James Jones in pretty much any aspect of evaluation. They have one similar red flag. The difference is Jones rated good to elite in just about every other area where as Kumerow doesn't come close.

6 hours ago, MantyWrestler said:

Totally agree here. Only thing I’d say is at least he catches the balm when the defender is all over him. A guy like Moore is dropping balls when he’s wide open. At some point you have to take what you got. 

What's more likely to occur, Moore is going to start catching the football with reps and time, or Kumerow is going to start getting open against much better competition?

3 hours ago, pacman5252 said:

I do get your feelings and where they are coming from. Moore has more talent than guys ahead of him (arguably the 2nd most gifted on the team) and we did invest a pick in him. I’d make a few counterpoints though;

-the space argument. A team can really only keep 2-4 pure projects on the active roster and every position group lobbies to keep their ball of clay. A year 2 7th wr isn’t a roster need.

- a 4th rounder isn’t a big investment. Bad 4ths get cut all the time in year 2.

- it was always in the cards to cut one of the wrs from the 2018 class this year. When you take 3 development players at the same position between rounds 4-6, one probably lags behind the rest. We saw this last year with Mays

- we could get him on the practice squad. Every team has a few late picks they invested in that aren’t ready. It is highly unlikely a player who can’t contribute gets claimed.

I’m rooting for Moore since he had talent and I think he could be a good player, but there are a lot of Moore type players that I’d like to develop that there aren’t space for. It is part of the game.

Which is why the discussion is why it's patently absurd to not want Moore even on the practice squad.

The other thing that isn't being taken into consideration here is that Moore has more ST value.

Kumerow played more offensive stats last year (136 to 74) but Moore had significantly more ST reps (74 to 148)

• Like 1

Just now, cannondale said:

Why has Rodgers gone out of his way to lobby on his behalf then ?

Because he hates rookies and young players and any of the natural variance that comes with playing with rookies. So he goes to bat for the least rookie like dude despite not having much in the way of real NFL talent. Rodgers will then ***** in week ten when guys aren't getting open, because the rookies haven't gotten any developmental snaps, and the dudes like Kumerow aren't getting open because they're JAGs.

And also because our media knows that our stupid *** fans get aroused when they read positive Kumerow news, so they go out of their way to ask him those questions. 

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because he hates rookies and young players and any of the natural variance that comes with playing with rookies. So he goes to bat for the least rookie like dude despite not having much in the way of real NFL talent. Rodgers will then ***** in week ten when guys aren't getting open, because the rookies haven't gotten any developmental snaps, and the dudes like Kumerow aren't getting open because they're JAGs.

And also because our media knows that our stupid *** fans get aroused when they read positive Kumerow news, so they go out of their way to ask him those questions. 

No QB likes guys who run wrong routes, or varied routes or makes mistakes. Those things lead to interceptions. Regardless, Moore hasn't earned a roster spot. 

Just now, cannondale said:

No QB likes guys who run wrong routes, or varied routes or makes mistakes. Those things lead to interceptions. Regardless, Moore hasn't earned a roster spot. 

No one has said he has. 

This conversation started with Golfman's insane declaration that he didn't even want Moore on the Practice Squad.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I just can't fathom Rodgers who threw maybe five contested passes all year outside of the redzone deciding to throw to a dude like Kumerow who can't get open.

Well, you know I agree with you regards ARs......"reluctance" to (as I put it.....) just throw the ball. He seems to like Kumerow however....or he's doing him a solid by talking him up so positively. We'll see. AR will be playing in the next game/games.