2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

3 hours ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

My numbers in green

These are the percentage we came up for the chances of each receiver earning roster spots. The 1st percentage is with 7-WRs, the 2nd percentage is with 6-WRs:

Davante Adams: 100%  100%  100% 100%
Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 100%  100% 100% 100%
Geronimo Allison 95%  90%    95% 90%
Jake Kumerow 70%  50%    85% 70%
Equanimeous St. Brown 95%  90%   80% 60%
Trevor Davis 80%  70%  80% 60%
Darrius Shepherd 40% 20%  45% 35%
Allen Lazard  40% 20%  35% 25%
J'Mon Moore 80%  60% 25% 15%

I don't see us keeping 7, but for the sake of argument

Davante Adams: 100%  100%  100% 100% - agreed
Marquez Valdes-Scantling: 100%  100% 100% 100% - agreed
Geronimo Allison 95%  90%    95% 90% - agreed
Jake Kumerow 70%  50%    85% 70%- - I'd up to 95 90
Equanimeous St. Brown 95%  90%   80% 60%- I'd go 90-75
Trevor Davis 80%  70%  80% 60% - 50,50
Darrius Shepherd 40% 20%  45% 35%, 50,50
Allen Lazard  40% 20%  35% 25%,- 40, >15
J'Mon Moore 80%  60% 25% 15%- 60,>15

Basically, how I see it (Barring injury);

- Adams, MVS, Kumerow, Allison are wr 1-4 and should get the most run 

- Either Davis or Sheppard are making the team but not both just based off KR ability. 

That is 5 spots pretty well locked up. WR 6 is about special teams and development, so it comes down to who has shown the most and has upside. I'd go EQ1 based off 2018 and raw ability. WR 7 I'd lean Moore just based off talent.

“ Rodgers was also highly appreciative of how solid St. Brown has been throughout camp. Almost quietly, I think EQ has had a really nice camp,” Rodgers said Monday. “I think he’s been very consistent. We haven’t talked about him a lot, which, in this case, is actually a positive. It’s almost like, ‘Yeah, well, he’s on the squad.’ He’s been that good. It’s almost been an understated, really solid camp for him.”

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

“ Rodgers was also highly appreciative of how solid St. Brown has been throughout camp. Almost quietly, I think EQ has had a really nice camp,” Rodgers said Monday. “I think he’s been very consistent. We haven’t talked about him a lot, which, in this case, is actually a positive. It’s almost like, ‘Yeah, well, he’s on the squad.’ He’s been that good. It’s almost been an understated, really solid camp for him.”

I read between the lines and he's saying he's been bad.

Honestly, I don't think he's gonna say much bad about anyone, expect LaFluer ;)

Edited by Norm

1 hour ago, Shanedorf said:

No!

What does Rodgers know? He needs to read this board some.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Jason Spriggs was supremely talented. You're discounting availability. Davis is rarely available. He was never replaceable, but I think Shepherd can replace him. 

Moore is talented but doesn't play that way. I'm sure they'll sneak him on the PS if they can. "His spot is his to lose" well I think he's lost it. Adams at least had the Pats game and the Cowboys game in that first year to show you he was a baller if he could get it together. JMon can't even get it together in a preseason game.

Shep led all of college football in average yards of separation per route last season. He's trending more towards diamond in the rough than basic UDFA.

Lazard is a big, above average athlete. Nothing screams stud about his game, but he's been the best true WR of the 3rd team, and he's beat out many of the DBs for roles on ST, his spot could come there.

Kumerow is what he is, I don't think he'll be great, but he's one of the best 53 on the team no doubt and he's made the team.

That's a lot of nonsensical stuff there. You're trying too hard to spin stuff up rather than going with a strait forward  analysis.

A stand alone Spriggs' reference is imperceptive, unless you're completely discounting talent. For Davis, how in the heck did I discount availability? It's the one thing specifically mentioned about him. And, when did he become "rarely" available. I guess you're ignoring 2016 & 2017... Exactly how would Shepherd replace Davis on go routes that MLF likes to run?

Moore doesn't play like he's talented- what? The guy is phenomenal at creating separation. How can that be ignored?

How relevant are Shepherd's stats at the North West Institute of Dakota- did it get him drafted? I got a neighbor who's a demon in flag football on the beach. I'll tell him to head up to GB... Going with the stats thing at edge, Markus Jones must be a better prospect than Rashan Gary- right?

When did Lazard become an "above average athlete"?... He can jump some, which is nice with his size, but his movement skills are lumbering.

Kumerow-  Mr. Training Camp! The dude is older than Adams- lol... Bless his heart.

57 minutes ago, Donzo said:

That's a lot of nonsensical stuff there. You're trying too hard to spin stuff up rather than going with a strait forward  analysis.

A stand alone Spriggs' reference is imperceptive, unless you're completely discounting talent. For Davis, how in the heck did I discount availability? It's the one thing specifically mentioned about him. And, when did he become "rarely" available. I guess you're ignoring 2016 & 2017... Exactly how would Shepherd replace Davis on go routes that MLF likes to run?

Moore doesn't play like he's talented- what? The guy is phenomenal at creating separation. How can that be ignored?

How relevant are Shepherd's stats at the North West Institute of Dakota- did it get him drafted? I got a neighbor who's a demon in flag football on the beach. I'll tell him to head up to GB... Going with the stats thing at edge, Markus Jones must be a better prospect than Rashan Gary- right?

When did Lazard become an "above average athlete"?... He can jump some, which is nice with his size, but his movement skills are lumbering.

Kumerow-  Mr. Training Camp! The dude is older than Adams- lol... Bless his heart.

Do you ever argue with facts or just grammar errors and lame one liners? There's not a single fact in your entire post. It's like I'm reading a Packers Facebook post.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I could see using keeping: Adams/MVS/Allison/ESB/Kumerow/Davis and inviting both Shep and Moore to the PS. Likely one of them makes it to our PS.

Then, we start the season with Kumerow read and available as a role-confident reserve to let Shep continue to grow. At some point in the season, injuries, whatever, it might make sense to move on from Kumerow and know we have a smart/apparently assignment-sure guy like Shep on the PS in case we need him.

I can see a scenario where it's helpful to have Kumerow to start the season. And hey, if he plays well against starters in his opportunities - great! He keeps his spot.

I think the above is an ideal for me: do we think Shep would make someone else's 53?

So best case scenario we move on from him in about 6 weeks? Mean time Kumerow hits GD inactive list? I guess theres only like a 5% chance Shep gets claimed.

I get it but I'm just not a fan. Maybe I'm just mad Moore couldnt pull it together enough to force a roster spot.

IF you keep Davis, you might consider the injury history a significant risk in terms of KR/PR duties.
So then maybe you hedge your bets and keep Shepard too as insurance, he can return kicks.
But if yer gonna do that, then is Davis worth a spot ? On the other hand, Shepard has never returned kicks in a real NFL game, that's a big bet to make
GB already cut the RB with KR skills, so one of Davis/Shepard seems likely.
Keeping both seems redundant, but redundancy can be a good thing when you're in a game of attrition

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

Do you ever argue with facts or just grammar errors and lame one liners? There's not a single fact in your entire post. It's like I'm reading a Packers Facebook post.

What are talking about? That was a bunch of nonsense... Are you drunk?

Whining about facts and one liners, when your posts were void of facts and strong with one liners, is pretty silly. All in all, I simply backed up what I said and challenged what you said without personal comment. Something you certainly can't say, Mr. moderator.

11 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

It’d be nice if FF had a way to downvote, take footballs away, or something to discourage trolling or show disagreement with someone’s ****ty take without having to engage or respond to trolls.  Ok, back to WR discussions.

Ignore feature works well.

• Like 2

I think it's possible that J'Mon Moore is just very bad at catching footballs. It's not a matter of nerves, or concentration, or whatever. The guy just has bad hands, plain and simple. That happens sometimes, doesn't it? Catching footballs at the NFL level is not easy. Moore has had this problem since college, where at one point he was benched due to repeated drops. We've seen other young receivers for the Packers get a case of the dropsies now and then, but this does not look like that. One thing I remember about Antonio Freeman in his first or second year is that he would drop easy ones but still make some great catches. It was the same thing with James Jones for awhile. That suggested that the drops were the result of nerves or lack of focus because with the difficult catches, instincts kick in. But I haven't heard of Moore making many difficult catches, and he hasn't shown any obvious improvement with his hands from year one to year two. That's why I think his chances of making the team are poor right now. I would love to see him improve in these next two weeks, but I'm not expecting it. 

As for Kumerow, I get it that he's 27 years old and does not appear to have a high ceiling, but it's not like there are a bunch of highly promising young guys on the roster. I don't think Moore has a lot of promise, and Sheppard and Lazzard just aren't there yet, so Kumerow should easily make the roster as the #4 or #5 receiver and get significant playing time. If the situation changes next year and Kumerow is unable to make the team, so be it. 

• Like 1