2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

2 minutes ago, squire12 said:

Ignore feature works well.

Agreed, and I’m not sure taking footballs away is enough to deter someone from trolling, but having a negative karma score can highlight publicly the kind of dipchit your dealing with, and you can engage the ignore feature before ever having to engage said dipchit.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

IF you keep Davis, you might consider the injury history a significant risk in terms of KR/PR duties.
So then maybe you hedge your bets and keep Shepard too as insurance, he can return kicks.
But if yer gonna do that, then is Davis worth a spot ? On the other hand, Shepard has never returned kicks in a real NFL game, that's a big bet to make
GB already cut the RB with KR skills, so one of Davis/Shepard seems likely.
Keeping both seems redundant, but redundancy can be a good thing when you're in a game of attrition

Completely agree with this take.  I do believe that Davis' inability to stay on the field is a factor.  Doesn't make sense to keep both and we aren't likely talking about Shepard right now IMO if his return ability was not a factor.  

I'd prefer to keep Shepard.  He doesn't have the real world return experience and might not be as good but he's got much higher upside as a WR IMO.  Davis is a really good ST player but he's shown very little as a receiver over the last 3 years.  I like Shepard's ability in the slot and the fact that we've got control over him for a much longer period of time.  Davis is a UFA next year with little chance for a contract extension IMO.  

3 minutes ago, SSG said:

Completely agree with this take.  I do believe that Davis' inability to stay on the field is a factor.  Doesn't make sense to keep both and we aren't likely talking about Shepard right now IMO if his return ability was not a factor.  

I'd prefer to keep Shepard.  He doesn't have the real world return experience and might not be as good but he's got much higher upside as a WR IMO.  Davis is a really good ST player but he's shown very little as a receiver over the last 3 years.  I like Shepard's ability in the slot and the fact that we've got control over him for a much longer period of time.  Davis is a UFA next year with little chance for a contract extension IMO.  

Agree, but why spend so much effort on a RS when the position is being phased out by new league rules and various teams opting for the touchback(which is possibly why Ficken was brought in). 

2 minutes ago, SSG said:

Agree on keeping Shepherd. For me personally, he'd be a lock at this point for the 6 spot. If we keep a No. 7, I'm leaning Davis over both Lazard and Moore. Davis may seem a bit redundant with Shepherd on the team, but he still offers a lot of ST play (good gunner) and his speed, if used right, could be an asset on offensive. I could even see weeks where the Packers activate him instead of Shepherd or vice versa. 

5 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

Guess:

Adams

Geronimo

MVS

Kumerow

EG

Lazard

KR/WR

Shep

I hope it works out this way as well.

9 minutes ago, packfanfb said:

Agree on keeping Shepherd. For me personally, he'd be a lock at this point for the 6 spot. If we keep a No. 7, I'm leaning Davis over both Lazard and Moore. Davis may seem a bit redundant with Shepherd on the team, but he still offers a lot of ST play (good gunner) and his speed, if used right, could be an asset on offensive. I could even see weeks where the Packers activate him instead of Shepherd or vice versa. 

Kumerow and Lazard have an ability that's far greater than that of Davis: AVAILability...

22 hours ago, SSG said:

Where did I say Kumerow was more productive?  I said "every bit as productive" once he started getting a comparable snap share.  The fact that you think it's objective to compare 11 games and 7 starts to 5 games and 2 starts is questionable.  Given the massive differance in oppurunity due to injury there has to be quilifiers for the comparisison not to sound like a bias smear job.  

Kumerow wasn't activated until week 12.  EQ had more than twice as many starts with the offense before week 12 than Kumerow had on the season.  I don't think it hurts the arguement to ackowledge that Kumerow wasn't with the offense for the entire season like you are are trying to make it sound.

Seeing that EQ bordered on useless for over 3/4 of his games last year I don't much care that Kumerow only had 1 really good game.  He got 1 start with Aaron Rodgers and in that game he caught all 3 of his targets for almost 70 yards and a TD.  He was every bit the player EQ was when give the oppurtunity.  

The pro-Kumerow crowd has been pounding the table about how more productive Kumerow has been than any non-Adams/Allison/MVS receiver, when the reality isn't the case.  The only "production" has been a couple of preseason games and practice.  And even on a per snap basis, ESB was more productive than Kumerow last year.

21 hours ago, deathstar said:

Boy our coaching staff must be dumb if they keep playing Kumerow with the 1s knowing that they’re going to cut him.

Opening day is two weeks away and if you believe the above statement I have a bridge to sell you.

It's also possible that they're featuring him to potentially dangle him in trade.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SSG said:

The original post I quoted said nothing about numbers on a per snap basis.  It compared end of season results while not once mentioning the fact that Kumerow wasn't activated until week 12.  Given the frequent usage of "8 career catch WR" how could you possily say it's anything but a bias smear job?  

No where have I said that Kumerow has been more productive than ESB.  I simply asked for it to be a fair comparision instead of insuinuating that Kumerow had been there since week 1.  

I wasn't comparing Kumerow to Thielen.  I simply pointed out that one of the more productive WRs in the NFL over the last 2 or 3 years had a simular career path.  Who cares about the low percentage chance?  Over the last 10 drafts we've seen almost 50 WRs drafted in the 6th round.  Only 2 of them have developed into serviceable WRs.  There are obviously a ton of undrafted WRs who never develop but that's not any differant than the vast majority of late round WR prospects.  

Jake Kumerow has one start in his career with Aaron Rodgers and it was a very productive one.  I don't much care about what he did or didn't do in games where he got only 5 or 6 snaps.  There was only a 2 game sample size where they got a simular snap count.  ESB had 28 more yards while getting slightly more snaps and more targets.  Kumerow had a TD.  Don't know how anyone can say one is that much better than the other based on such a tiny sample size.  

Because there's NOTHING to support the notion that Kumerow has been more productive, when the majority of his production has come in meaningless preseason games and in practice.  I broke it down on a per snap basis to help "level" the playing field.  ESB was on a per snap basis targeted more often than Kumerow.  If Kumerow was the clearly better WR, why wasn't he targeted more?  The notion that Kumerow has proven anything more than any other WR on the roster aside from Davante Adams needs to die.

And the comp to Thielen sucks, because for every Thielen there are a hundred WRs who did nothing by the time they were 27 and continued to do nothing.  There's a LONGER list of WRs who weren't very good their rookie years (under 24 years old) who turned out decent careers.  Nearly half of Kumerow's career stats came on a SINGLE play, which @AlexGreen#20 said was a busted coverage by the Jets.  One play.  That's not more production.

19 hours ago, incognito_man said:

I think the above is an ideal for me: do we think Shep would make someone else's 53?

IF Shep didn't have value on ST, I'd say no.  But given the general need for ST value, he'd probably get signed at some point.  I think he'd clear waivers, but I think inevitably someone's going to come knocking.