2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

22 minutes ago, Leader said:

Thats right. He had absolutely no effect on the team the four times he touched the ball last year.

I mean he is almost strictly a returner given his uselessness as a receiver over his career.  In today's NFL, I'd imagine that 5 returnable touches in 2 weeks for guys who don't do anything but return kicks is right around the normal.  With fair catches and the vast majority of kickoffs being touch backs returners impact on games are minimal.  

Edited by SSG

4 hours ago, Joe said:

It's not like he had to set the world on fire to create a positive improvement. Hell, I liken it to my job right now where I replaced someone who quit in the most unprofessional way possible without getting arrested and I feel like I'm underachieving...

I'm nearing retirement and am totally intrigued by the bolded.  Would really put an exclamation point to my career.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Leader said:

I'm not tied to any player. If Davis is let go its the consequence of his actions/inactions. I've simply been putting forward the argument (wrong word there, but you get the idea....) that when healthy he's been productive. For no known reason, he's been targeted as worthless. As someone who had NUMEROUS flaws and did nothing right. I disagree with the notion.

Davis has 8 career catches for 94 yards.

I believe Davis came to GB the same year as UDFA Geronimo Allison. Allison has 55 receptions for 758 yards.

Janis had 15 catches for over 180 yards in his first 3 seasons.

Michael Clark played in just a couple of games in 2017 and had 4 catches for 41 yards.

As a receiver, Davis is more like Clark than Allison when it comes to production thus far in his career.

I know there was a quite a bit of chatter early in camp about Davis looking good as a WR and that he has shown flashes, when healthy, as a returner, but, to date, he has been anything but PRODUCTIVE as a WR. 

• Like 1

Adams, Kumerow, MVS, Allison, ESB, Davis is how I see it shaking out. It's not a deep group so I don't see them keeping 7 and odds are they'll be able to keep a Lazard or Shepherd on their PS in the end anyway. The injury history with Davis is definitely a valid concern and could tip the scale in favor of a Shepherd, but I think in the end they'll still value the measurables with Davis over Shepherd

5 hours ago, SSG said:

Not saying that all.  Just pointing out that he had absolutely no effect on the team last year in the 2 games he played in.  Davis is a good return man when he's on the field.  

Davis played in 11 of 16 games his rookie year 2016.
He played all 16 games in 2017.
For all intents and purposes he missed all of last year due to injury. As did quite a number of players. It happens in the NFL.
Its 2018 thats created the impression that he's "always hurt". He's missed (what?) ten days (?) in training camp this year. 

8 minutes ago, Leader said:

Davis played in 11 of 16 games his rookie year 2016.
He played all 16 games in 2017.
For all intents and purposes he missed all of last year due to injury. As did quite a number of players. It happens in the NFL.
Its 2018 thats created the impression that he's "always hurt". He's missed (what?) ten days (?) in training camp this year. 

He got hurt 3 separate times last year which resulted in him missing most of camp, multiple preseason games and all but 2 games.  He followed that year with another injury that has resulted in him missing half of camp/ preseason.  I don't see anything wrong with questioning his ability to stay on the field.  That's an awful lot of injuries in 12 months for the little bit of live action he's seen.  

Just now, SSG said:

He got hurt 3 separate times last year which resulted in him missing most of camp, multiple preseason games and all but 2 games.  He followed that year with another injury that has resulted in him missing half of camp/ preseason.  I don't see anything wrong with questioning his ability to stay on the field.  That's an awful lot of injuries in 12 months for the little bit of live action he's seen.  

I havent been. I've said it multiple times that his being out has opened to door to competition. I'm simply pointing out the facts as opposed to the impressions and/or agendas. He came into last season needing to up his profile at WR. It didnt happen due to injury and/or inactivity - so it carried over to this year. He was said to be having a good camp till recently. Nothing changed. He is what he is - a player on the bubble - but he's been productive in STs when on the field.  

18 minutes ago, Leader said:

I havent been. I've said it multiple times that his being out has opened to door to competition. I'm simply pointing out the facts as opposed to the impressions and/or agendas. He came into last season needing to up his profile at WR. It didnt happen due to injury and/or inactivity - so it carried over to this year. He was said to be having a good camp till recently. Nothing changed. He is what he is - a player on the bubble - but he's been productive in STs when on the field.  

So was Jeff Janis! Time to move on from Davis IMO.