2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

5 minutes ago, boratt said:

FF does love MVS. I’m in full agreement on that. I also am a huge MVS fan. It’s just weird how so many think Moore is a player. That shocks me. 

I think people want another year in the system for Moore, that doesn't mean anyone thinks he is currently a player, more like he could be. I'd prefer we try for that year on the PS this time.

• Like 1

Just now, Packerraymond said:

Probably 85% of us on here love MVS, stop pretending you're the only one who does so you can make a post two years from now when he's good that you were the only one who saw it.

Your dislike of me has blinded you on this subject.  Follow the history here. 

After the draft, everybody thought Moore would be the best.  I spent the entire dead season between May and September actively suggesting that none of the rookie receivers would do anything.  I even made a bet somewhere (that has been impossible to find) that none of them would do anything.  I cited NFL history going back 40 years. 

I was wrong.  I admit that literally all the time.  I'm doing it again here: I was wrong about MVS. 

THAT is why I get so upset about the minority (I would call it more like 35%) who still don't see what MVS is.  All of NFL history shows how good MVS did last season, and people still act like he's another Jeff Janis. 

Yes, I celebrate when I am right.  For all the grief I get on this site, and for all my bold predictions and hardline stances, I admit when I am wrong more than anybody.  I don't just admit it when I'm called on it, I actively admit to my mistakes. 

It is a life principle of mine to own up to my mistakes because mistakes make me better as long as I learn from them.  I am absolutely an elitist ***hole, and I admit to that, too.  I am all about bettering myself and actively improving myself.  I am a procrastinator on a lot of things, and currently I am procrastinating on becoming a better Internet forum poster, but one day I will get around to that, too. 

• Like 1

I am thinking 5:  Adams, Allison, Davis, Shepherd, Valdes-Scantling.  Keep Kumerow if you want, I would prefer 4 TEs to 6 WR.  I am not convinced that Lazard is anything more than Tori Gurley or Michael Clark.  Try to PS him and/or Moore and see what they have in camp next year as we probably let Allison and Davis walk.

Anyone else think that Davis played way longer than was necessary last night?  He showed that he backed up all the training camp talk by the middle of the second quarter, but still stayed in the game.  Possible scenario that we were showcasing him?  He's no higher than number 4 WR at best and next year he's a FA.  With a young Shepard behind him- does it seem possible that he may be trade bait?  If ESB isn't going on IR I think the phones are ringing.

1 minute ago, Dubz41 said:

Anyone else think that Davis played way longer than was necessary last night?  He showed that he backed up all the training camp talk by the middle of the second quarter, but still stayed in the game.  Possible scenario that we were showcasing him?  He's no higher than number 4 WR at best and next year he's a FA.  With a young Shepard behind him- does it seem possible that he may be trade bait?  If ESB isn't going on IR I think the phones are ringing.

Both he and Kumerow have been showcased this PS, agreed. Davis has the most trade value of any WR we would consider trading IMO. He's worth more than a roster bubble guy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

THAT is why I get so upset about the minority (I would call it more like 35%) who still don't see what MVS is.  All of NFL history shows how good MVS did last season, and people still act like he's another Jeff Janis. 

No.

You said a lot of fuzzy stuff in that post. I'm just gonna respond to this nugget here. Other than maybe ssg, and she's just a troll,  no one is acting like MVS is another Janis.

I started a post ranking the WRs and gave their percentage of making the roster with either 6 or 7 WRs. Everyone has MVS at 100% to make the roster and 2nd in the rankings to Adams.  That is absolutely nothing like Janis.

10 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Both he and Kumerow have been showcased this PS, agreed. Davis has the most trade value of any WR we would consider trading IMO. He's worth more than a roster bubble guy.

I hope we dont trade him as it would be nice if he realizes his talent ceiling with GB. Would make for a nice player evolution/story.

Sheppard probably would be snagged from our PS. Thats probably been insured given his PS showing too date.......so cutdowns will be challenging.

I dont have enough "data" (read: impressions :) ) to make a call on Lazard. AG described him as a poor man's EQ and I'm running with that. As often expressed, I have high hopes for EQ. Have since we drafted him in so much as I've always wanted an "Alshon Jeffrey's-like" WR - well, not always, but since I saw Jeffrey and EQs both bigger and faster than him. 

Edited by Leader

Just now, Donzo said:

I doubt it.  There are so many quality WRs now a days. Every team has fringe WRs they like a lot, just like the Packers do every year.

Could be. I cant say. He's made some nice plays this PS and PackerRaymond thinks he's got some tools.....sooooooo. We'll see which way the team jumps.

In a figurative sense, it could be viewed that we have two pairs of "similar" WR: Davis & Sheppard ; EQ & Lazard. Not exact fits obviously - but in a general sense.

2 hours ago, boratt said:

FF does love MVS. I’m in full agreement on that. I also am a huge MVS fan. It’s just weird how so many think Moore is a player. That shocks me. 

More is "a player".  He's got a great knack for running routes and getting open.  

It's those hands and probably what is inside his head that is holding him back.

I think the guy has nice potential.  Just not sure if that is enough to crack our WR corp this year.  Which would be too bad.  It would be sad to give up on a 4'th round pick so quickly when we know that receivers take time to develop, but I don't know if you can live with those hands.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

Your dislike of me has blinded you on this subject.  Follow the history here. 

After the draft, everybody thought Moore would be the best.  I spent the entire dead season between May and September actively suggesting that none of the rookie receivers would do anything.  I even made a bet somewhere (that has been impossible to find) that none of them would do anything.  I cited NFL history going back 40 years. 

I was wrong.  I admit that literally all the time.  I'm doing it again here: I was wrong about MVS. 

Yes, I celebrate when I am right.  For all the grief I get on this site, and for all my bold predictions and hardline stances, I admit when I am wrong more than anybody.  I don't just admit it when I'm called on it, I actively admit to my mistakes. 

It is a life principle of mine to own up to my mistakes because mistakes make me better as long as I learn from them.  I am absolutely an elitist ***hole, and I admit to that, too.  I am all about bettering myself and actively improving myself.  I am a procrastinator on a lot of things, and currently I am procrastinating on becoming a better Internet forum poster, but one day I will get around to that, too. 

For what it’s worth, you’re instantly one of my favorite posters. I have a way of seeing things with an open mind and quickly so I’m often right sooner than the majority. It’s fun for me to look for the reality amongst the confusing details. 

As soon as I’m wrong, I admit it and switch. New information is new information. I can’t stay stuck in a mental rut. Life is so fluid, my mind needs to be too or I’ll be left wondering “why” and give up on knowing anything like so many others do. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, boratt said:

As soon as I’m wrong, I admit it and switch. New information is new information. I can’t stay stuck in a mental rut. Life is so fluid, my mind needs to be too or I’ll be left wondering “why” and give up on knowing anything like so many others do. 

“My aim is not to be consistent with my previous statements on a given question, but to be consistent with truth as it may present itself to me at a given moment. The result has been that I have grown from truth to truth.” - Gandhi

• Like 1