2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

6 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

Well.........this isnt fun anymore.

If Allison or MVS dont start showing improvement, surely we have to think about rotating in guys like Kumerow and Lazard to see what theyre about.  Especially Allison for me, he's not much of a number two there.  He can be improved upon.

Not sure where all the angst for Allison is coming from.  He's not the #2 in this offense, nor is he anywhere close.  He seen almost half the number of snaps that MVS seen yesterday.  Given the substantial difference in snap share I'm much more concerned about MVS than I am Allison.  If anything, I'd argue that Allison deserves more time on the field based based on what we seen yesterday.

I know it's only 2 games but I've got concerns about our passing game.  Whether it's our opponents, play calling, scheme or lack of talent (at pass catcher or some would say QB) it is something that is probably indeterminable at this moment.  We really need this defense to continue to play great football because this doesn't look like an offense that is going to be able to come from behind.  

Edited by SSG

2 tough opponents and tough defenses.

MVS isn't a reliable #2 option.  His routes aren't crisp enough to create separation without using his speed on longer routes.

Allison looks pretty good to me, he just had a bit of a rough game with the coming up short in the flat and the fumble in the flat.  He needs more priority in the offense over MVS, despite the miscues.

Allison actually looks pretty good on YAC and screen stuff.

24 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

2 tough opponents and tough defenses.

Honestly, this is what I'm taking most about this.  We played two arguable top 5 defenses and the Packers' offense looked mortal.  Which in case you missed it, the Packers' offense usually starts off slow.

6 hours ago, HeresAGuy said:

I think that’s s fair take, I like MVS as the 3 option that keeps defenses honest about being a deep threat.  It’s our 2 spot that is sore right now.  GMos spot should absolutely not be safe right now.  Number two should be an open competition right now 

Are you talking about right now, or right now?

• Like 1

If Scantling and Allison could have good games on the same day, this problem would look way better. Problem is right now one of them seems to look good while the other can’t get going. Not sure if there is enough targets to go around to alleviate the problem without both guys simply making the most of their chances. 

I just dont think Allison exudes confidence as a "come and get me" target.  Adams and MVS have displayed come-and-get-it-ability.  I dont think Ive seen allison make a play this year that says "throw it up, and Ill go get it".  Nor have I seen him get much breakaway from the secondary.  I just think hes causing enough problems to opposing secondaries.  We need one more spark there.  Im also not sure Aaron is willing to thread the needle for Allison as much as he does for other receivers, or even Graham interestingly enough.  Allison needs to show something that he hasnt yet IMO

Edited by HeresAGuy