2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 minute ago, incognito_man said:

you made a factually incorrect claim. You said he definitely isn't on the trade block.

The actual truth is you have no idea if he is or isn't. There's only a handful of humans in the world who do.

Actually the word "definitely" was never used. He simply said he isn't. Just as you implied he is available via your speculative post. 

Point is moot from both ends. Just so happens that your speculation is far more entertaining to discuss. 

• Like 1

Just now, Leader said:

Fine. As @Ragnar Danneskjold just said - its all speculation. Perfect for discussion...including actual likelihood of happening.

No seriously, I"m asking.  How many targets did Tonyan get after that deep one?

As far as Sanders goes, insert any vets name.  Make him aged.  Injured in the last 20 months.  Last year of his deal.  On a club that hasn't won a game.

Those are the ones that are prime for a trade deadline deal.  The closer the deadline gets and the more losses that pile up, the more the liklihood goes up.

The financial end is the tough one, but....maybe it is doable once there are 6-8 game checks not in there anymore.  

On my end?  I still don't like taking on that money.  I fee like we can use it better next year.  (or this year on K. Clark)

4 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I'll be the happiest guy in the state when Rodgers throws a 3rd and 5 to Tonyan for 6 yards.  

Forget the big play, just a chain mover.  Use that size and those hands.  

It can happen.  It needs to happen!

I am not so picky.  I would like to see that result with the entire tight end group more often.

3 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:

Actually the word "definitely" was never used. He simply said he isn't. Just as you implied he is available via your speculative post. 

Point is moot from both ends. Just so happens that your speculation is far more entertaining to discuss. 

I never implied he was on the trade block anywhere anywhere. I don't pretend to know something like that. I'm ok admitting my limitations unlike some ;)

And I definitely added definitely to showcase the definitiveness of his opinion.

Words matter. 

6 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Better to have a specific thread containing whimsical debate over guys we have a 0.0001% chance of trading for so I can avoid it much easier

And yes - I just watered it - so stay off my lawn

please stop cluttering the aptly named "2019 WR Corps" thread with complaints about WR discussion.

thanks,

everyone

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

I am not so picky.  I would like to see that result with the entire tight end group more often.

I've been very surprised with the amount of targets to Marcedes Lewis.  Like shocked.
If you look at the numbers...

Lews.  6 targets, 3 catches, 33 yards.

Tonyan.  4 targets.  2 catches.  32 yards.

Graham.  7 targets.  3 catches.  30 yards.  1 TD.

Old man is hanging in there.  Gotta commend that.

1 minute ago, vegas492 said:

No seriously, I"m asking.  How many targets did Tonyan get after that deep one?

I couldnt tell you. He got three all game.

As for Sanders I've no clue what will happen. Denver wins a game or two (and they've not been blown out of any games yet. MIA they aren't), they're right back in the AFCW / AFCWC mix. The Jags are coming up (which would seem winnable) followed up by the Chargers (who they trail by a game right now). The season's early.

1 minute ago, Leader said:

I couldnt tell you. He got three all game.

As for Sanders I've no clue what will happen. Denver wins a game or two (and they've not been blown out of any games yet. MIA they aren't), they're right back in the AFCW / AFCWC mix. The Jags are coming up (which would seem winnable) followed up by the Chargers (who they trail by a game right now). The season's early.

Jags look legit with that rookie QB.  Course there is the Ramsey saga.

Chargers will smoke the Broncos.  But, those games are usually fun.

0-5 is a possibility.  So is 2-3.  It'll be fun to watch.

Don't know why...but I've pretty much always been a closet Phillip Rivers fan.

5 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

I've been very surprised with the amount of targets to Marcedes Lewis.  Like shocked.
If you look at the numbers...

Lews.  6 targets, 3 catches, 33 yards.

Tonyan.  4 targets.  2 catches.  32 yards.

Graham.  7 targets.  3 catches.  30 yards.  1 TD.

Old man is hanging in there.  Gotta commend that.

I think Tonyan may have more than that.

Nfl.com had him for 4 targets on Sunday against Denver alone.  I don't know if that is correct, but that was what it said  post game.

Edit, my bad, they have him at 3.

Edited by Ragnar Danneskjold

2 minutes ago, Ragnar Danneskjold said:

Yah, I was wrong, nfl.com has him at 3 also

Just wishful thinking....  :)  

Would be nice for him to get more opportunities.

When I looked on ESPN, MVS and 'Vante were tied for targets.  No one else was close to them.

We gotta do a better job of hitting that underneath stuff to RB's and TE's.  

Here's some useless anecdotal info on the likelihood of Sanders being traded this season:  virtually the entire Broncos FF forum thinks Sanders and Miller are getting shipped this season.  What % of their opinion should I pin my hopes on?  I actually think they, and some of the national media writers are on to something, so I'm going with them (because I want it to be true, not because it necessarily is or will be.)  

If I was a betting man, I'd wager both Miller and Sanders are on different rosters by next season, and most likely before then.  Fangio has publicly called out Miller, and Sanders is too expensive to pay on his current contract for next year.  Both gone, IMO.  So let's grab Sanders, who pretty much lit up Oakland and the Bears and has shown he still has the speed and quickness he's known for.