2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

2 minutes ago, Sasquatch said:

Here's some useless anecdotal info on the likelihood of Sanders being traded this season:  virtually the entire Broncos FF forum thinks Sanders and Miller are getting shipped this season.  What % of their opinion should I pin my hopes on?  I actually think they, and some of the national media writers are on to something, so I'm going with them (because I want it to be true, not because it necessarily is or will be.)  

If I was a betting man, I'd wager both Miller and Sanders are on different rosters by next season, and most likely before then.  Fangio has publicly called out Miller, and Sanders is too expensive to pay on his current contract for next year.  Both gone, IMO.  So let's grab Sanders, who pretty much lit up Oakland and the Bears and has shown he still has the speed and quickness he's known for.

Sanders is a free agent after this season.

Which means an offer has to be more attractive than (probably) a 2021 5th round pick. I'd peg that as the floor of his compensatory value.

Edited by incognito_man

4 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Sanders is a free agent after this season.

Which means an offer has to be more attractive than (probably) a 2021 5th round pick. I'd peg that as the floor of his compensatory value.

A 5th round pick is an AAV of ~$7M.  Do you think Emmanuel Sanders gets a contract with an AAV of $7M+?

In another time I would have hmmphed at the idea of trading for a player mid-year.

Now, I have absolutely no doubt that Gutenkinst is well aware of the targeting numbers. If he is convinced a #2 receiver is needed for a year, and that the problem is not structural with the offense, he will be working to find someone. But one wonders how a healthy EQ would have done this year. Is he a #3 like MVS (and I don't mean that as a slight at all), or would he have shown a knack for getting open in the tight quarters of the slot?

27 minutes ago, cannondale said:

Rumor has it Julio Jones bought a garden hose. A green one. I always knew he wanted to play here. I think we should trade for him. 

He liked a post on Twitter of guy who once in 2016 said "I hope the Packers win Sunday"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, vegas492 said:

A first for Corey Davis??????

He has 50 yards more on the season that Jimmy Graham.

Asking yah...has anyone taught him how to play WR yet?  I don't know the coaching down there in Tennessee, but I get the feeling it is like where WR's go to die.  (statisically speaking)

I see where he sniffed 900 yards last year, though.

He's basically going through the same thing Cooper did in Oakland.  His numbers are representation of his QB, not him.  Trust me, he's a star with even a capable QB and would eventually take over as #1 here.

• Like 2