2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

19 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Weren’t the first 3.5 drives of the Vikings game successful examples of scheming open looks? Posting like we’ve scored 0 points on offense this year is dumb.

The hub bub the last few years was that MM's offense required the WR's to get separation by winning one on one matchups within the called routes which were considered vanilla league wide. My understanding of scheming a guy open in the context of what we are looking for is bunch formations, rubs, picks, crossers, etc which pressure a defense into a mistake allowing a receiver to come open without having to win. (see the video example on the previous page). Have we seen that ?

Edited by cannondale

2 minutes ago, St Vince said:

Really? I admit I don't see a lot of Eagles games but the ones I did see he always looked good. He always got separation and made plays.

He's wildly inconsistent and took a lot of time to adjust to the league. Philly desperately needs another WR1 outside of Jeffrey and Jeffrey hasn't exactly been consistent as well. If their OL hasn't had the issues they've had over the past couple years, a WR would have definitely been a top priority. As you can see, they're currently reverting back to a team with a banged up Secondary and OL. 

1 hour ago, Kepler said:

Then he won't do **** in GB unless he's played with Rodgers for at least 4 years.

Mariota has worse trust issues than Rodgers does, and he got 900 yards out of him in year 2.  And I'm not sure what you're talking about.  MVS had nearly 600 yards as a rookie and is on pace for 900 now.  That's the only young guy or recent addition I'm seeing with any ability.  Are you suggesting that he should be more productive?

54 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

He's a fine #3 with plenty of physical gifts but man does he have some lapses in concentration.

He's stuggled a bit to start this year but he was much better in 2017-18 than his first 2 years with drops.

Still probably my top WR target in FA. Think he's an ideal fit and a true YAC guy that we lack outside of Adams.

28 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

He's stuggled a bit to start this year but he was much better in 2017-18 than his first 2 years with drops.

Still probably my top WR target in FA. Think he's an ideal fit and a true YAC guy that we lack outside of Adams.

This discussion has bounced around a bit and I've lost track of who this is referring to........

1 hour ago, Patriotplayer90 said:

Mariota has worse trust issues than Rodgers does, and he got 900 yards out of him in year 2.  And I'm not sure what you're talking about.  MVS had nearly 600 yards as a rookie and is on pace for 900 now.  That's the only young guy or recent addition I'm seeing with any ability.  Are you suggesting that he should be more productive?

Quick, fine me a player on the GB WR corp that was actually drafted.

Adams, MVS, St. Brown (IR), Kumerow, Allison, Shepherd, Lazard.  

It's no mistake that MVS has yardage this year.  He's the second highest drafted player on that list.  Uh, he's also one of two drafted players on that list.  

I have no doubt that Corey Davis would upgrade that WR corp.  I have every doubt that Rodgers would throw it to him for a year or two.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Algohor, I think.  Eagles WR.

Funny.......

Perhaps you've seen the video, but apparently the Eagles dropped their fair share of passes in the game against DET.

Well, there was a fire in Philly that evening / night and people in the burning building were throwing their personal belongings to people on the street below.

A local news team interviewed one of the guy's catching these items and he commented: "Yeah, we were down here catching their stuff...." - then he pauses - stares at the camera - ".....not like Nelson Algohor......" -- then he goes back to his telling of the fire  :)

31 minutes ago, Leader said:

Funny.......

Perhaps you've seen the video, but apparently the Eagles dropped their fair share of passes in the game against DET.

Well, there was a fire in Philly that evening / night and people in the burning building were throwing their personal belongings to people on the street below.

A local news team interviewed one of the guy's catching these items and he commented: "Yeah, we were down here catching their stuff...." - then he pauses - stares at the camera - ".....not like Nelson Algohor......" -- then he goes back to his telling of the fire  :)

Even funnier, or better...

Algohor found out about that "burn" (see what I did there?) and told the hero to find him and he'd set him up with tickets and I think, a meet and greet.

Great gesture from Algohor in this day and age where some athletes have very thin skin.

• Like 1

If Antony Miller has a break out year I could  see Chicago moving on from Gabriel for cap saving. I've heard through Chicago media that could happen. They have  a lot of guys they need to lock up plus they like the Ridley kid they just drafted. So my question would be if he's cut during the offseason can he  negotiate with any team or does he have to go to the waiver claim process?

13 minutes ago, St Vince said:

If Antony Miller has a break out year I could  see Chicago moving on from Gabriel for cap saving. I've heard through Chicago media that could happen. They have  a lot of guys they need to lock up plus they like the Ridley kid they just drafted. So my question would be if he's cut during the offseason can he  negotiate with any team or does he have to go to the waiver claim process?

Isn't Trubisky's deal up after 2020 ? Which means an extension should be coming if they choose to stay that course. Yikes

3 hours ago, cannondale said:

The hub bub the last few years was that MM's offense required the WR's to get separation by winning one on one matchups within the called routes which were considered vanilla league wide. My understanding of scheming a guy open in the context of what we are looking for is bunch formations, rubs, picks, crossers, etc which pressure a defense into a mistake allowing a receiver to come open without having to win. (see the video example on the previous page). Have we seen that ?

Uh yes? Literally the first play against MN.