2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Asking price for AJ Green is, at minimum, a 1st Rd pick if you believe Cinci fans.

I would love for the Packers to make the Bucs an offer they cant refuse for Mike Evans. Bucs aren't going anywhere with Winston at QB and I doubt they trade Godwin on that rookie deal. Hope they become sellers at the deadline and put Evans on the block. I know it wont happen, though.

Too Madden'esque. I don't see how we can fit that contract under our current salary cap.

Edited by Nick_gb

5 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

What's the bust part? Who you firing if we dont make it?

I know this wasn't directed at me, but by my standards, we're in Superbowl or bust mode til Rodgers is gone. By this, I mean he is getting older and by bust, I don't mean throw the farm at a player to jeopardize the franchise. I just mean it by a success (SB or nothing) standard. I say this carefully, full on knowing we are in year 1 with a new HC and offensive scheme, and naturally it should take time. But God damnit I want to see Rodgers and co hoist that Lombardi at least one last time. If we don't get there, it'll be a travesty in my eyes. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nick_gb said:
1 hour ago, KingOfTheNorth said:

Asking price for AJ Green is, at minimum, a 1st Rd pick if you believe Cinci fans.

I would love for the Packers to make the Bucs an offer they cant refuse for Mike Evans. Bucs aren't going anywhere with Winston at QB and I doubt they trade Godwin on that rookie deal. Hope they become sellers at the deadline and put Evans on the block. I know it wont happen, though.

Too Madden'esque. I don't see how we can fit that contract under our current salary cap.

Green or Evans? Or both?

Evans makes no sense. The Bucs already restructured to spread the cap hit out. They would have a massive dead cap hit. We also can't afford his contract under our cao.

Green we could and it wouldn't even involve any restructuring by us. He would be under $8m on this year's cap. Spotrac has us at $9.8M space. Including the cut of a league min guy, it would cost just over $7m this year if we got Green today. 

Just now, JBURGE said:

Green or Evans? Or both?

Evans makes no sense. The Bucs already restructured to spread the cap hit out. They would have a massive dead cap hit. We also can't afford his contract under our cao.

Green we could and it wouldn't even involve any restructuring by us. He would be under $8m on this year's cap. Spotrac has us at $9.8M space. Including the cut of a league min guy, it would cost just over $7m this year if we got Green today. 

I was referencing Evans. They restructured that mans contract 3x this off-season. Literally makes 0 sense for them to trade him.

Edited by Nick_gb
  • Like 1

Just now, Outpost31 said:

If we're gonna trade for a WR, I'd like for it to be a speed guy.  Paul Richardson. 

I would actually like a possession guy at this point. We have a lot of them, but they're not very good outside Adams. 

Allison has had issues catching. Kumerow is a nice checkdown player lol. Lazard may be something, too early to say. 

You and I both would just rather have Trevor Davis back...

1 minute ago, Outpost31 said:

If we're gonna trade for a WR, I'd like for it to be a speed guy.  Paul Richardson. 

But he's not good? And we have a clone of him in MVS.

I don't care what his skillset is at this point. I want a reliable vet that will catch passes and move the chains.

Yes I would even consider Jordy. @Packerraymond

• Like 2

A name at Wide Receiver that I wouldn't mind exploring either is Corey Davis. He has familiarity in MLF's system already, was a huge fan of his coming out and the Titans drafted AJ Brown as well as signed Humphries in the offseason in an offense that doesn't have room for 3 wideouts like that. Just a name to monitor that hasn't really been tossed out here yet also on a contract we could afford. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Green or Evans? Or both?

And a 1st round pick, no? 

Just now, ReadyToThump said:
4 minutes ago, JBURGE said:

Green or Evans? Or both?

And a 1st round pick, no?

Maybe. I don't think he will cost a 1st, but who knows. The Pats probably give whatever to get him