2019 WR Corps

incognito_man

If you had to pick one  

111 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you pick?

21 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Do you know the difference between a guy whose, 'been there done that' but having problem for a bit, Adams? Compared to guy whose never done that and doesn't seem capable of learning it, Moore?

Moore is a body catcher who doesn't have a clue on how to position his hands on balls away from his body. This was never the issue with Davante. 

You see an athlete in Moore, so do I. The difference is I don't see a guy who is going to become a football player. 

Just now, Golfman said:

Do you know the difference between a guy whose, 'been there done that' but having problem for a bit, Adams? Compared to guy whose never done that and doesn't seem capable of learning it, Moore?

Moore is a body catcher who doesn't have a clue on how to position his hands on balls away from his body. This was never the issue with Davante. 

You see an athlete in Moore, so do I. The difference is I don't see a guy who is going to become a football player. 

Davante was a disaster his first two years in the league. His 2015 season is one of the worst statistical seasons by a WR with a decent QB ever. When Davante Adams was struggling with his hands, he was not in any way a "been there, done that" guy. Also, he was absolutely a body catcher. Everything got in on him and he couldn't track the ball at all. 

Adams got over it and improved with practice and reps. That's what young players need to get better.

Saying you don't want a fourth round pick who you knew was going to be a project after a rookie season and one preseason game (in which he caught a TD) on your PRACTICE SQUAD is insane. So what, you can keep the 27 year old perennial 5th receiver JAG that every team has?

6 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Davante was a disaster his first two years in the league. His 2015 season is one of the worst statistical seasons by a WR with a decent QB ever. When Davante Adams was struggling with his hands, he was not in any way a "been there, done that" guy. Also, he was absolutely a body catcher. Everything got in on him and he couldn't track the ball at all. 

Adams got over it and improved with practice and reps. That's what young players need to get better.

Saying you don't want a fourth round pick who you knew was going to be a project after a rookie season and one preseason game (in which he caught a TD) on your PRACTICE SQUAD is insane. So what, you can keep the 27 year old perennial 5th receiver JAG that every team has?

First off, Adams had over 40 catches in his rookie and second year. He wasn't a body catcher. Trying to compare these two is a joke, IMO. You think the kid has a future, I don't. I'm done here have a good evening. 

By the way, if he's on our practice squad or team, I will be rooting for him to figure it out. I'd rather be wrong than see a Packer player fail so I can be right. 

By the way, the 27 y/o JAG can catch! 

Edited by Golfman

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

It shouldn't matter what round he was taken in.  Last year he struggled to catch the ball and it appears even worse this season.  

Rodgers called Adams a future star after his rookie season and before he became THE guy.  Has Rodgers even mentioned Moore?  Seemed to me like when he had the  chance to talk about the 2nd year receivers when asked, he talked about just about everyone BUT Moore.  

It is more than likely that Moore has about 3 weeks to show something or he's not going to make the 53.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golfman said:

First off, Adams had over 40 catches in his rookie and second year. He wasn't a body catcher. Trying to compare these two is a joke, IMO. You think the kid has a future, I don't. I'm done here have a good evening. 

By the way, if he's on our practice squad or team, I will be rooting for him to figure it out. I'd rather be wrong than see a Packer player fail so I can be right. 

By the way, the 27 y/o JAG can catch! 

How on Earth would having 40 catches preclude someone from being a body catcher? Adams has a sub 55% competition rate and a sub 5.5 yards per target. Both of which are horrific numbers.

The 27 year old JAG should be able to catch. He's had 19 years on the practice squad to figure it out because he wasn't good enough to make a damn roster.

8 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

How on Earth would having 40 catches preclude someone from being a body catcher? Adams has a sub 55% competition rate and a sub 5.5 yards per target. Both of which are horrific numbers.

The 27 year old JAG should be able to catch. He's had 19 years on the practice squad to figure it out because he wasn't good enough to make a damn roster.

I never stated that. What I said was Adams wasn't a body catcher. 

Moore is a body catcher and he can't even get his hands position right when he's forced to try and use them to catch the ball, in most situations.

This conversation is going nowhere, have a good night. By the way, Kumerow could always catch. May not be the greatest athlete, but he can catch the ball which is a critical part of his occupation. 

Edited by Golfman

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

The past is irrelevant here. It only matters if he is catching everything now.

Edited by OneTwoSixFive
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Adams showed some promise and had a decent first year. Second year his hands were sketchy but he wasn’t a body catcher either if I remember correctly. Moore is a body catcher for the second year in a row and having similar issues.

Dude just looks like he’s fighting a badger every time the ball gets to him. Best case he’s on the practice squad , again! Dang. 

4 minutes ago, OneTwoSixFive said:

The past is irrelevant here. It only matters if he is catching everything now.

Are we watching the same dude who couldn't get a glimmer of space and had to catch everything contested against some backups? 

We all know about the second and third year leap that players take, but apparently that goes right out the window when we're talking about an uninspiring white dude from a Wisconsin college. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Are we watching the same dude who couldn't get a glimmer of space and had to catch everything contested against some backups? 

We all know about the second and third year leap that players take, but apparently that goes right out the window when we're talking about an uninspiring white dude from a Wisconsin college. 

Rodgers loves those kinds of white dudes, I think its the beard that gets him tho 

JAKE%202_1545685952775.jpg_27212834_ver1

45 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Totally agree here. Only thing I’d say is at least he catches the balm when the defender is all over him. A guy like Moore is dropping balls when he’s wide open. At some point you have to take what you got. 

47 minutes ago, Mr. Fussnputz said:

Every player is different. Comparing Moore to Adams is a fool's game. 

Just like pretending M Adams is Daniels. Agreed

But seriously. Moore gets ******* open. But idk. I'd say today no but I'm sure he'll change my mind by PS game 4

Edited by Norm

3 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I do get your feelings and where they are coming from. Moore has more talent than guys ahead of him (arguably the 2nd most gifted on the team) and we did invest a pick in him. I’d make a few counterpoints though;

-the space argument. A team can really only keep 2-4 pure projects on the active roster and every position group lobbies to keep their ball of clay. A year 2 7th wr isn’t a roster need.

- a 4th rounder isn’t a big investment. Bad 4ths get cut all the time in year 2.

- it was always in the cards to cut one of the wrs from the 2018 class this year. When you take 3 development players at the same position between rounds 4-6, one probably lags behind the rest. We saw this last year with Mays

- we could get him on the practice squad. Every team has a few late picks they invested in that aren’t ready. It is highly unlikely a player who can’t contribute gets claimed.

I’m rooting for Moore since he had talent and I think he could be a good player, but there are a lot of Moore type players that I’d like to develop that there aren’t space for. It is part of the game.