The Official 'Grade My Draft' Thread

N4L

Alright fellas, its officially fantasy football drafting season. You know the rules, try to grade someone else's before posting your own (when feasible). Ill start

A friend of mine asked me to draft for him today like an hour before it was supposed to start. He is in my big money league and I didn't want to give him all of my draft targets for that league, so it was a bit of a balancing act on my part lol 

.5ppr - 3 WRs, 2RBs, TE, flex - I picked 10th out of 10

Garoppolo

Hopkins, Adams, Diggs, Ridley, Trequon Smith

Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, Mark Ingram, Rashaad Penny, Miles Sanders, Matt Breida

Eric Ebron

Denver's defense

Michael Badgley (who cares)

It was a very sharp league, and being at the turn made it hard to plan my next picks. I kept hoping that certain guys would fall and then they would get drafted a few spots before me. 

Had to reach on Ebron because there was a huge run on TEs and it was a shallow league with only 5 bench spots, and there is just no way I am spending two roster spots on two subpar TEs, so at that point I had to get the last of the guys who are viable weekly starters that was left. I was hoping hunter henry would fall and then him, Njoku, Howard, engram etc all went within a few spots before me. I knew ebron wouldn't be there for me the next time around.

I almost went Dante Pettis instead of Ridley, but I went with someone who has a better floor with basically the same upside as the 4th WR. Felt safer and it was a guy that wouldn't play that much anyways if Hopkins, adams, diggs don't get hurt. 

I almost went Eckler instead of Miles Sanders, but my plan was to get my boy Justin Jackson in the last round, but then Breida fell to me, so I took him instead of a WR (marvin Jones), which made me go WR (smith) with that pick instead. 

I couldn't believe Breida fell so far considering McKinnon is basically going to go on IR soon.

I would grade a B. 

I question Jimmy G as a top 10 since theres only 10 teams. Also think Ebron is going to fall back to earth. It’s hard to see him come close to those td numbers. Funchess will take some red zone looks away and Doyle may end up starting still. 

Love your WR’s especially in ppr and RB’s are pretty solid. Like Jones and Ingram. I have questions about Michel because of the patriots and depth behind him. 

• Like 1

Not a draft but, my Dynasty team just finished its free agent auction. Here is my team.

QB- Jamies Winston/Big Ben

RB- Marlon Mack/Derrick Henry/Latavious Murray/Derrius Guice/Miles Sanders/Kareem Hunt/Justice Hill

WR- DeAndre Hopkins/Brandin Cooks/Tyler Lockett/Alshon Jeffrey/Sammy Watkins/DeSean Jackson/James Washington 

TE- OJ Howard/Jack Doyle/Dallas Goedart

K- Jake Elliott

DL- Danielle Hunter/Fletcher Cox/Damon Harrison/Mario Addison

LB- Lavonte David/Jarrod Davis/Nigel Bradham/Kyle Van Noy

DB- Kevin Byard/Eddie Jackson/Damonte Kazee/Nasir Adderly 

The biggest flaw in my team is that lack of elite RB 1 since Kareem Hunt set his career ablaze. I think the rest of my team is solid though 

On 8/9/2019 at 9:34 PM, N4L said:

Alright fellas, its officially fantasy football drafting season. You know the rules, try to grade someone else's before posting your own (when feasible). Ill start

A friend of mine asked me to draft for him today like an hour before it was supposed to start. He is in my big money league and I didn't want to give him all of my draft targets for that league, so it was a bit of a balancing act on my part lol 

Garoppolo

Aaron Jones, Sony Michel, Mark Ingram, Rashaad Penny, Miles Sanders, Matt Breida

Eric Ebron

Denver's defense

It was a very sharp league, and being at the turn made it hard to plan my next picks. I kept hoping that certain guys would fall and then they would get drafted a few spots before me. 

Had to reach on Ebron because there was a huge run on TEs and it was a shallow league with only 5 bench spots, and there is just no way I am spending two roster spots on two subpar TEs, so at that point I had to get the last of the guys who are viable weekly starters that was left. I was hoping hunter henry would fall and then him, Njoku, Howard, engram etc all went within a few spots before me. I knew ebron wouldn't be there for me the next time around.

I almost went Dante Pettis instead of Ridley, but I went with someone who has a better floor with basically the same upside as the 4th WR. Felt safer and it was a guy that wouldn't play that much anyways if Hopkins, adams, diggs don't get hurt. 

I almost went Eckler instead of Miles Sanders, but my plan was to get my boy Justin Jackson in the last round, but then Breida fell to me, so I took him instead of a WR (marvin Jones), which made me go WR (smith) with that pick instead. 

I couldn't believe Breida fell so far considering McKinnon is basically going to go on IR soon.

Is Mckinnon hurt already? Also I feel like Tevin isnt going anywhere

16 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Is Mckinnon hurt already? Also I feel like Tevin isnt going anywhere

McKinnon had a set back and will probably start the year on IR in all likelihood. Breida is the best runner the niners have, it's just a matter of staying healthy for him. It's a contract year for him too

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 8:34 PM, N4L said:

Garoppolo

Eric Ebron

Denver's defense

I really like Nuk/Davante at the turn.  Thats going to win a lot of weeks right there.  I would try to trade for another WR though if you have to play 3, because you know Diggs is getting hurt at some point.  Jones is being undervalued, he'll roll in the Packer's system if they finally give him the touches. Michel is a good #2, but if you're counting on him, probably pick up Damien Harris also as protection against Sony's knee.  I would stash Harris over Penny or Sanders as you aren't playing them week to week anyway.  Ebron and Jimmy G are solid.  Overall a good draft, you should make the playoffs. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, N4L said:

McKinnon had a set back and will probably start the year on IR in all likelihood. Breida is the best runner the niners have, it's just a matter of staying healthy for him. It's a contract year for him too

Didn't they just pay Coleman alot too? Feel like they won't just give him 40% of the work

Please rate my draft.  8 team PPR auction draft.

Winston

Gordon, Chubb, D Cook, Michel, T Coleman, L Murray

OBJ, K Allen, Edelman, M Williams, Kupp, W Fuller

Kittle

Cowboys (streaming - Dal has NYG, WAS, MIA first 3 weeks)

Badgley

I know my QB is weak, my league is really strange where everyone drafts two QBs and I was literally the last guy to draft a QB and was stuck with Winston.  QBs on the WW include Rivers, Cousins, Winston, Josh Allen, Carr, Darnold.  

Besides QB, where should I look to improve or make trades?  I'd like to offer Coleman for Luck as the Luck owner also was D Watson.  

Edited by derekstanggt

Standard scoring (+6pt passing TD's), 12-team league picking out of the 6-hole:

QB: Carson Wentz (R9)
RB: Zeke Elliott (R1)
RB: Damien Williams (R2)
WR: Mike Evans (R3)
WR: Tyler Lockett (R5)
TE: Vance McDonald (R11)
WR/RB: Chris Carson (R4)
WR/TE: Dante Pettis (R6)
DEF: Cleveland (R12)
K: Brett Maher (R13)

BN: Marvin Jones (R8)
BN: Lamar Miller (R7)
BN: Martez Valdez-Scantling (R10)

Zeke at #6 was too good to pass on (I statted him out conservatively - even hedging to only have him playing 14 games and he still came out to the RB4 with that... RB 1-2 if he plays all 16).  Missed out on Cooper Kupp in R5 by one pick, settled for Lockett which I'm fine with just would have preferred Kupp given my investment already into Carson at the time.  Miller is good security.  He's not going to blow up but he should have quality floor.  Getting Evans in the mid-3rd was a godsend.

On 8/10/2019 at 9:46 AM, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Overall I think you did VERY well in the 1st 2 rounds and I really like the next 2-3 as well since I see 5 guys in the Top-45ish which is good value

I like it quite a bit, although Jimmy-G to me isn't a Top-15 QB

Yup.  As weird as it is to me to say... I'd rather have MItch Trubisky or Josh Allen than Jimmy G in fantasy... stressing in fantasy.  If I'm not streaming QB's or sitting on a Top 5 QB, I want the most week-to-week dependable floor I know I can get... and I'll trust that floor getting set by rushing/scrambling yards and rushing TD's that I do from  Jimmy's arm.

28 minutes ago, The LBC said:

Yup.  As weird as it is to me to say... I'd rather have MItch Trubisky or Josh Allen than Jimmy G in fantasy... stressing in fantasy.  If I'm not streaming QB's or sitting on a Top 5 QB, I want the most week-to-week dependable floor I know I can get... and I'll trust that floor getting set by rushing/scrambling yards and rushing TD's that I do from  Jimmy's arm.

I agree with you 100% but its funny you mention stress because as someone that had MT and Allen, I was stressed as crap when they couldn't complete passes haha

10 team, 2 QB and full point PPR. I picked 7th. 

QB: Carson Wentz

QB: Jameis Winston

RB: Zeke Elliot

RB: Kerryon Johnson

WR: Tyreek Hill

WR: Chris Godwin

TE: Hunter Henry

FLEX: Josh Jacobs

DEF: Buffalo Bills

K: Vinatieri

BENCH:

Lamar Jackson, AJ Green, Tarik Cohen, Robby Anderson, Christian Kirk

-pretty happy with how it turned out, assuming zeke gets his contract figured out I could have a hell of a RB trio in Zeke, KJ, and Jacobs  

-2nd WR spot scares me a lil but between Godwin, Anderson, Kirk, Green I can ride the hot hand 

-QB is has the potential to boom but also bust/injury prone. My idea with Lamar is to try and trade him after a hot week to a QB needy team if Jameis and Wentz are playing well  

Edited by CaliforniaKid7