Sign in to follow this  
Classic

Cardinals DE Darius Philon Arrested; cut by Cardinals

Posted (edited)

As the guy is not a star I’m going on a limb and say he’s done for the year and likely his career.   Given how tough the NFL is on personal conduct / DV....for non-star players.  

Edited by Broncofan

4 hours ago, Broncofan said:

As the guy is not a star I’m going on a limb and say he’s done for the year and likely his career.   Given how tough the NFL is on personal conduct / DV....for non-star players.  

He just inked a 2 year deal with Cardinals though? He's supposed to be in on the starting rotations on the DL. They also just cut Nkemdichie so he may have chance to return if he gets a light punishment.

Wow, how would this not be a crime with some decent jail time with it?  Is it not assault?  Point a gun at a person and tell them to do something or threaten them harm.  Pretty sure that is assault and potential jail time.  

Sucks for him, kid has ability to play the game, is an athletic pass rushing DT/DE no doubt but if he actually did this, yeah put him away.  And sure his career might just be over and buy buy to that contract.  Out of his 2 year 10 million dollar deal, 5 million is guaranteed, does that still happen if say they cut him?, He still gets the 5 million even if he goes to jail for this?

Posted (edited)

And he's cut.

Was gonna be our best dlineman probably. So not a good situation for anybody. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

54 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

And he's cut.

Was gonna be our best dlineman probably. So not a good situation for anybody. 

Good they cut him after that incident, but sadly he got what $4 million signing bonus and $1 million full guaranteed salary this year so what they lost $5 million dollars on a player who never played a real game down for them.  That sucks big time.  Can the criminal justice system take some of that cash from him in fines, hell he will pay his own bail I am sure and be sitting good for awhile.  He has been in the NFL four years and made a little under $2.5 million dollars over that time, got a decent contract and did this after the first preseason game?  I mean what in the hell is he thinking, wow.  

Wow that DL is weak as can be in terms of depth.  But great for Zach Allen he will get a ton of PT and I am sure they will pick up any DL cut around the league who can play.  Really though Suggs and Jones are the DE, sure play 3/4 OLB but they are both basically a DE.  And Zach Allen why they would not use him as a 3/4 DE I have no idea, hope they do not put him at OLB in that system.  What Peters is the NT and the other guys who knows, what a mess.  

43 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Well at least we don't have any after this year. 

Here is the list he posted to put it into context what he is even talking about in terms of players.  

The list:

Josh Rosen $8.2M
Jermaine Gresham $5.8M
Sam Bradford $5M
Mike Iupati $3.7M
Mike Glennon $3M
Antoine Bethea $2.2M
Darius Philon $2M
Andre Smith$1.3M
Robert Nkemdiche $1.2M
Josh Bynes $667K
Brice Butler $150K
Will Holden $134K
Christian Campbell $128K
Evan Boehm $127K

Can't the team potentially sue the player for a part or all of the signing bonus in cases like this?

What good has ever come from being at a strip club lol

4 hours ago, pnies20 said:

What good has ever come from being at a strip club lol

Don't you make good tips? I've seen your uniform/outfit.

s-l300.jpg