Thoughts and Observations: Preseason 1

WindyCity

11 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

How many guys have ever been signed off our PS who went on to be any good elsewhere though? The only one who comes to mind for me is Mario Addison and I’m not sure he ever actually made it to our PS. 

How many times in our lifetimes have we had a team talented enough to cut real NFL players?

• Like 1

This is what I think we should do on offense

QB [2]: Trubisky, Daniel

RB [4]: Montgomery, Cohen, Davis, Nall/Whyte

WR [7]: Robinson, Gabriel, Miller, Wims, Ridley, Patterson, M Hall

TE [4]: Burton, Shaheen, Braunecker, Bunting/Sowell

OL [8]

LT: Leno

LG: Whitehair, Bars

C: Daniels

RG: Long, Larsen

RT: Massie, Coward

12 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

How many guys have ever been signed off our PS who went on to be any good elsewhere though? The only one who comes to mind for me is Mario Addison and I’m not sure he ever actually made it to our PS. 

Keenan McCardell comes to mind (showing my age here lol)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AZBearsFan said:

Been a while that’s for sure. You already convinced Bunting is a real NFL player? 

I like what I see of him athletically but I also see a kid whose gonna need a little grooming before we can trust him.

If we have room for him on the roster great and if not then he's a top grade PS prospect.

8 hours ago, soulman said:

I like what I see of him athletically but I also see a kid whose gonna need a little grooming before we can trust him.

If we have room for him on the roster great and if not then he's a top grade PS prospect.

I see a fringe roster guy AT THIS POINT. Doesn’t mean he would or wouldn’t he swooped up by someone else if we try to put him on the PS but we need to consider that those other teams like their own developmental guys too. Most teams’ PS are comprised of guys mostly from their own 90-man roster. If he isn’t signed to someone’s 53, and I think at his current stage of development that’s probably somewhat of a long shot, then he’s going to want to sign on a PS where he has a real shot of being elevated and getting reps at some point, and that’s here anyway. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Shocked that the Bears cut Emanuel Hall especially since he was already penciled in to replace Gabriel in 2020 by this board xD

I thought he was very talented from college film.   Still think that. 

Problem must be him.  You can't help teams from training room.  Apparently Bears agreed with Mizzu coaches on him attitude wise.  

At practice I was at this year Wims rolled his ankle bad.  He walked it off for like 20 minutes by himself in agony and went back in.   He knows situation.  Sometimes when you are on edge you have to play hurt to maintain your spot.  

I do think it is a little unfair since Hall had same surgery Burton had, but more recent.  It's a surgery with a lot of complications and varied recovery time.   

I think he must have pissed someone off by missing a rehab or being late to something.    

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Problem must be him.  You can't help teams from training room.  Apparently Bears agreed with Mizzu coaches on him attitude wise.  

At practice I was at this year Wims rolled his ankle bad.  He walked it off for like 20 minutes by himself in agony and went back in.   He knows situation.  Sometimes when you are on edge you have to play hurt to maintain your spot.  

I do think it is a little unfair since Hall had same surgery Burton had, but more recent.  It's a surgery with a lot of complications and varied recovery time.   

I think he must have pissed someone off by missing a rehab or being late to something.

I’m pretty sure placing him on waivers is necessary to get him to IR. We should get more when Nagy talks after practice today. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

The problem is this city. We overrate late round picks, small white dudes and even UDFA's. There were rumors of attitude/love of the game issues for Hall in college. He also couldn't catch in college. Furthermore he was injured in college. And yet, Taylor Gabriel caught everything in 2018 and this stupid fan base thought it was a good idea to already plan his cutting in March 2020 for a 2019 UDFA who can run 3 routes + all of the problems I listed above.

Edited by beardown3231
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

The problem is this city. We overrate late round picks, small white dudes and even UDFA's. There were rumors of attitude/love of the game issues for Hall in college. He also couldn't catch in college. Furthermore he was injured in college. And yet, Taylor Gabriel caught everything in 2018 and this stupid fan base thought it was a good idea to already plan his cutting in March 2020 for a 2019 UDFA who can run 3 routes + all of the problems I listed above.

I disagree on Halls college tape.  I think a lot of top scouts say same.  He has talent.  

I think Gabriel is a good player.  Never said otherwise.  

White dudes can be good football players too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dll2000 said:

I disagree on Halls college tape.  I think a lot of top scouts say same.  He has talent.  

Sure he does. He looked the part. But not being able to catch is a problem

I think Gabriel is a good player.  Never said otherwise.  

I didn't necessarily say you

White dudes can be good football players too. 

Of course... especially in Chicago