Preseason Game 1, @ San Fran

textaz03

54 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If you haven’t seen Taco Charlton’s comment floating around Twitter, you should. It’s a doozy. I hope he’s released by now. 

Id post it, but my phone won’t allow it. 

"Me and my agent, we had our talk," Charlton said after the Cowboys' 17-9 loss to the 49ers on Saturday night. "We hear a lot of things.

This ?

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/08/11/cowboys-de-taco-charlton-talks-future-after-loss-49ers?tab=conversation

9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't know what to make of Michael Jackson, long arms and so athletic but does he have enough instincts to be a good cornerback?

He just got taken advantage of an NFL ready receiver in Deebo Samuel. He'll need an off-season or two. We got him in the late rounds for a reason. something had to be lacking

Edited by canadaluvsdallas
  • Like 1

Want to see more of Devin Smith next week. He outplayed his roster competition last night. 

Here’s Taco’s comment....

Taco Charlton: "You got to play smart. My agent is good at what he does. He sets the mentality. He lets me know what needs to be done and we go off of that. I show up every day and I work hard for this defense. I love my brothers out here. I love the Hot Boyz."

Your agent what? Weird

7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Want to see more of Devin Smith next week. He outplayed his roster competition last night. 

Here’s Taco’s comment....

Taco Charlton: "You got to play smart. My agent is good at what he does. He sets the mentality. He lets me know what needs to be done and we go off of that. I show up every day and I work hard for this defense. I love my brothers out here. I love the Hot Boyz."

Your agent what? Weird

I don't.... understand 

What was the question?

Is he saying that his agent is telling him how hard to play or what?

While the Cowboys defense had a few more starters not suited up, in particular DeMarcus Lawrence, Sean Lee, Byron Jones and Maliek Collins, the group also looked solid in its limited time. They were on the field for the entire first quarter, but basically allowed the 49ers nothing, a mere 25 yards combined and two punts.

Cooper Rush was okay last night. Mike White sucked.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/recap-cowboys-lose-preseason-opener-to-49ers

The most intriguing of those battles was likely the backup quarterback position with Cooper Rush and Mike White both trying to earn the honor of working behind Prescott. Rush got the first chance, coming in after Prescott, and he quickly led Dallas to another field goal, this from 40 yards, and a 6-0 advantage.

Rush again moved the Cowboys into field goal range later in the second quarter, but unfortunately, Maher, who has had a shaky training camp thus far, was this time unable to convert from 35 yards out, his margin for error seemingly getting thinner.

But Rush would continue his effort by hustling the Cowboys down the field after the team took over possession with only 1:41 remaining in the half. The quarterback was good on 9-of-11 on his pass attempts during the drive, marching his team down to the 49ers’ 13-yard line where Maher this time split the uprights on a 31-yard field goal to give Dallas a 9-7 advantage at the break.

8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Cooper Rush was okay last night. Mike White sucked.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/recap-cowboys-lose-preseason-opener-to-49ers

The most intriguing of those battles was likely the backup quarterback position with Cooper Rush and Mike White both trying to earn the honor of working behind Prescott. Rush got the first chance, coming in after Prescott, and he quickly led Dallas to another field goal, this from 40 yards, and a 6-0 advantage.

Rush again moved the Cowboys into field goal range later in the second quarter, but unfortunately, Maher, who has had a shaky training camp thus far, was this time unable to convert from 35 yards out, his margin for error seemingly getting thinner.

But Rush would continue his effort by hustling the Cowboys down the field after the team took over possession with only 1:41 remaining in the half. The quarterback was good on 9-of-11 on his pass attempts during the drive, marching his team down to the 49ers’ 13-yard line where Maher this time split the uprights on a 31-yard field goal to give Dallas a 9-7 advantage at the break.

Not that I think anything special of white, but he was getting hit immediately as that third offense of line or whatever unit was getting him killed. You can't judge a quarterback under those circumstances. The real test would be if white were to start the second quarter on with some starters or second unit guys

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not that I think anything special of white, but he was getting hit immediately as that third offense of line or whatever unit was getting him killed. You can't judge a quarterback under those circumstances. The real test would be if white were to start the second quarter on with some starters or second unit guys

I understand that idea, BUT we don't change out the whole dang OL everytime we switch QBs.

XSF, Looney, and Redmond(?) played every snap after the first series. Cooper Rush had Flemming at LT, and Mike White didn't. He had Mitch Hyatt(who I admit was awful). But:

1st string

Tyron, Cwill, Frederick, XSF, Collins

2nd string

Flemming, XSF, Looney, Redmond, Campos

3rd string

Hyatt, XSF, Looney, Redmond, Campos

So, I'm not going to withhold judgement because 1/5th of the OL changed. I also thought all 3 QBs had a decent pocket most of the time.