Jump to content
textaz03

Preseason Game 1, @ San Fran

Recommended Posts

If you haven’t seen Taco Charlton’s comment floating around Twitter, you should. It’s a doozy. I hope he’s released by now. 

Id post it, but my phone won’t allow it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

I guess you don't read the other forums...  this place is nothing compared to most places...

Sounds like nowhere I'd like to be

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

54 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

If you haven’t seen Taco Charlton’s comment floating around Twitter, you should. It’s a doozy. I hope he’s released by now. 

Id post it, but my phone won’t allow it. 

Quote

"Me and my agent, we had our talk," Charlton said after the Cowboys' 17-9 loss to the 49ers on Saturday night. "We hear a lot of things.

This ?

 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2019/08/11/cowboys-de-taco-charlton-talks-future-after-loss-49ers?tab=conversation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't know what to make of Michael Jackson, long arms and so athletic but does he have enough instincts to be a good cornerback?

He just got taken advantage of an NFL ready receiver in Deebo Samuel. He'll need an off-season or two. We got him in the late rounds for a reason. something had to be lacking

Edited by canadaluvsdallas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cedrick Wilson looked good. JVJ continues to have issues with drops.

Still dont know why we havent signed Matt Bryant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

I don't know what to make of Michael Jackson, long arms and so athletic but does he have enough instincts to be a good cornerback?

Didn't see him play but I bet he's BAD! 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With Lawrence and Crawford yet to practice, and Quinn facing suspension, I don't think we can get rid of Taco. 

 

He had an okay game last night. I think he played 2 quarters. 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Want to see more of Devin Smith next week. He outplayed his roster competition last night. 

Here’s Taco’s comment....
 
 
Taco Charlton: "You got to play smart. My agent is good at what he does. He sets the mentality. He lets me know what needs to be done and we go off of that. I show up every day and I work hard for this defense. I love my brothers out here. I love the Hot Boyz."
 
Your agent what? Weird

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Want to see more of Devin Smith next week. He outplayed his roster competition last night. 

Here’s Taco’s comment....
 
 
Taco Charlton: "You got to play smart. My agent is good at what he does. He sets the mentality. He lets me know what needs to be done and we go off of that. I show up every day and I work hard for this defense. I love my brothers out here. I love the Hot Boyz."
 
Your agent what? Weird

I don't.... understand 

 

What was the question?

Is he saying that his agent is telling him how hard to play or what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While the Cowboys defense had a few more starters not suited up, in particular DeMarcus Lawrence, Sean Lee, Byron Jones and Maliek Collins, the group also looked solid in its limited time. They were on the field for the entire first quarter, but basically allowed the 49ers nothing, a mere 25 yards combined and two punts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cooper Rush was okay last night. Mike White sucked.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/recap-cowboys-lose-preseason-opener-to-49ers

The most intriguing of those battles was likely the backup quarterback position with Cooper Rush and Mike White both trying to earn the honor of working behind Prescott. Rush got the first chance, coming in after Prescott, and he quickly led Dallas to another field goal, this from 40 yards, and a 6-0 advantage.

Rush again moved the Cowboys into field goal range later in the second quarter, but unfortunately, Maher, who has had a shaky training camp thus far, was this time unable to convert from 35 yards out, his margin for error seemingly getting thinner.

But Rush would continue his effort by hustling the Cowboys down the field after the team took over possession with only 1:41 remaining in the half. The quarterback was good on 9-of-11 on his pass attempts during the drive, marching his team down to the 49ers’ 13-yard line where Maher this time split the uprights on a 31-yard field goal to give Dallas a 9-7 advantage at the break.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, DaBoys said:

Cooper Rush was okay last night. Mike White sucked.

https://www.dallascowboys.com/news/recap-cowboys-lose-preseason-opener-to-49ers

The most intriguing of those battles was likely the backup quarterback position with Cooper Rush and Mike White both trying to earn the honor of working behind Prescott. Rush got the first chance, coming in after Prescott, and he quickly led Dallas to another field goal, this from 40 yards, and a 6-0 advantage.

Rush again moved the Cowboys into field goal range later in the second quarter, but unfortunately, Maher, who has had a shaky training camp thus far, was this time unable to convert from 35 yards out, his margin for error seemingly getting thinner.

But Rush would continue his effort by hustling the Cowboys down the field after the team took over possession with only 1:41 remaining in the half. The quarterback was good on 9-of-11 on his pass attempts during the drive, marching his team down to the 49ers’ 13-yard line where Maher this time split the uprights on a 31-yard field goal to give Dallas a 9-7 advantage at the break.

Not that I think anything special of white, but he was getting hit immediately as that third offense of line or whatever unit was getting him killed. You can't judge a quarterback under those circumstances. The real test would be if white were to start the second quarter on with some starters or second unit guys

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

Not that I think anything special of white, but he was getting hit immediately as that third offense of line or whatever unit was getting him killed. You can't judge a quarterback under those circumstances. The real test would be if white were to start the second quarter on with some starters or second unit guys

I understand that idea, BUT we don't change out the whole dang OL everytime we switch QBs.

XSF, Looney, and Redmond(?) played every snap after the first series. Cooper Rush had Flemming at LT, and Mike White didn't. He had Mitch Hyatt(who I admit was awful). But:

1st string

Tyron, Cwill, Frederick, XSF, Collins

 

2nd string

Flemming, XSF, Looney, Redmond, Campos

 

3rd string

Hyatt, XSF, Looney, Redmond, Campos

 

 

 

So, I'm not going to withhold judgement because 1/5th of the OL changed. I also thought all 3 QBs had a decent pocket most of the time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dak had the worst OL of all 3 QBs, because Tyron and Collins were playing. And they are TERRIBLE at pass blocking amiright?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Dak had the worst OL of all 3 QBs, because Tyron and Collins were playing. And they are TERRIBLE at pass blocking amiright?

way too early too early to take the bait. >:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×