Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Just now, naptownskinsfan said:

Very true.  They did this last off-season with Fuller finding out he was traded via social media breaking the story, so I should've known better.  

It's okay.

For the future, remember this: they are spiteful, inconsiderate, arrogant buffoons.

If you look at their decisions thought that lens, many things make sense.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You forgot incompetent.

Ah, yes. Yes I did.

To be fair, though, that only applies to the people at the top. From what I can tell, guys like Schaeffer and maybe Smith seem to be able to do their job.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

There's a 1% chance , 1% grant you--they were looking for trade offers xD

Much higher than that since it was rumored they had Foster on the trade block back in March/April.

38 minutes ago, Woz said:

Much higher than that since it was rumored they had Foster on the trade block back in March/April.

Well then- there's the answer. A 7th round pick would have been gravy.

Edited by RSkinGM
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, Woz said:

giphy.gif

It does seem perplexing, even if Trent is gonna play, we don't have an adequate backup.  Geron Christian may not even be healthy and we know he isn't ready to man that spot.  The flowers experiment is a failure.  So why not get a back up.  Seems like a no brainer.

However, we should remember this.  We aren't the only team needing help at left tackle, so why isn't Penn on one of them?  We aren't the only one hesitating from pulling that trigger.  

Edited by offbyone
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, offbyone said:

It does seem perplexing, even if Trent is gonna play, we don't have an adequate backup.  Geron Christian may not even be healthy and we know he isn't ready to man that spot.  The flowers experiment is a failure.  So why not get a back up.  Seems like a no brainer.

However, we should remember this.  We aren't the only team needing help at left tackle, so why isn't Penn on one of them?  We aren't the only one hesitating from pulling that trigger.  

I have no problem if they chose another viable option out there instead of Penn (no, I don't want to see another random UDFA as a camp body; I want to see someone with actual quality playing experience). However, not doing anything is short-sighted and stupid.

In other words, par for the course for Brice.

13 minutes ago, Woz said:

I have no problem if they chose another viable option out there instead of Penn (no, I don't want to see another random UDFA as a camp body; I want to see someone with actual quality playing experience). However, not doing anything is short-sighted and stupid.

In other words, par for the course for Brice.

Agreed.  Make a move.  Also, they need to be willing to admit their mistake with Flowers.  I don't blame them on taking a shot on him, but the writing is on the wall there.

Trent Williams for Bobby Wagner? I mean you got two guys aging who both would I think thrive for this move. I know Trent plays the more prime position but Wagner has been amazing and durable and behind our DL he could be even better. I know that does nothing for our LT hole but I mean sign Penn and go get your LT next year. You get your young LT to guard your young QB

8 minutes ago, offbyone said:

Agreed.  Make a move.  Also, they need to be willing to admit their mistake with Flowers.  I don't blame them on taking a shot on him, but the writing is on the wall there.

I do because the writing was on the wall before they even signed him. They wasted a potential compensatory pick in exchange for him and allowed them to say "well, we've addressed that potential hole."