Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

Just now, offbyone said:

I agree, but I am nevertheless glad they have been playing Flowers at LT rather than LG because I want Martin/Pierchbacher to get all the reps possible at LG.  I guess since Flowers is on roster, might as well use him.  They probably feel that there is no rush to cut him.  I just don't want him taking reps from the youngsters.  

Scenario fixed in four easy steps:

1. Sign Donald Penn (done)
  2. Put Donald Penn in at LT
  3. Cut Ereck Flowers
  4. Have Martin/Pierschbacher compete at LG

1 hour ago, 4209 said:

This what I like about Haskins . 

While you can’t see Haskins it took over 5 seconds for him to throw? That might work in college at Ohio State, but not with the big boys

hes a rookie and has tools, let’s see how he develops

Trent's bonus allocation for 2019 = $1.62M
15% of that = 243K

So, by missing today's practice, Trent just doubled his fine.

Now, in all likelihood, if he shows up, they'll waive all of those fines, but still ...

Just now, MKnight82 said:

The thing I don’t get is if it’s not about money then why not come out and say publicly what you are upset about? 

Indeed.

Also:

I’m not sure this holdout is going to end. The team wouldn’t have went out and signed Penn so early in camp if they thought Trent would come around. Even if they team thinks it will end soon that would be a pretty crappy thing to do to Penn, who most likely has been in touch with Trent (it’s a small league). It sucks and Trent was a great player who deserved more team accomplishments but I really think he’s played his final down as a Redskin

1 minute ago, bigdog44 said:

I’m not sure this holdout is going to end. The team wouldn’t have went out and signed Penn so early in camp if they thought Trent would come around. Even if they team thinks it will end soon that would be a pretty crappy thing to do to Penn, who most likely has been in touch with Trent (it’s a small league). It sucks and Trent was a great player who deserved more team accomplishments but I really think he’s played his final down as a Redskin

Penn is what Flowers should have been: a veteran tackle who could cover both tackle positions in case either Moses or Williams got hurt and Christian wasn't ready to take over.

From Penn's perspective, if Trent comes back, he just got an extra payday to be a backup (and probably a lucrative one at that). So, it's not like he'll be that upset if Trent comes back. Plus there's still a decent chance he'll play this season due to the injury history for Moses and Williams.

Just now, Woz said:

Penn is what Flowers should have been: a veteran tackle who could cover both tackle positions in case either Moses or Williams got hurt and Christian wasn't ready to take over.

From Penn's perspective, if Trent comes back, he just got an extra payday to be a backup (and probably a lucrative one at that). So, it's not like he'll be that upset if Trent comes back. Plus there's still a decent chance he'll play this season due to the injury history for Moses and Williams.

Having said all that ...

9 minutes ago, Woz said:

Penns been a fiery guy and a higher end but not elite LT for his whole career. I don’t see him grabbing a role like you said so early in camp, especially for a team that isn’t a super bowl contender. 

Archived