Training Camp/Preseason 2019: 1-3: Time to get to 53

MikeT14

3 minutes ago, Woz said:

On one hand: yay defensive line!
On the other: umm ... o-line ... we need to talk ...

Not too worried about a rookie 4th round pick losing a one on one drill to Ioannidis or a guy who's in his first day in training camp losing a one on one battle to arguably our best DL.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Not too worried about a rookie 4th round pick losing a one on one drill to Ioannidis or a guy who's in his first day in training camp losing a one on one battle to arguably our best DL.

Yeah, but there's a non-trivial chance they'll be called upon sometime this season.

Remember: it's the season of overreactions! :D

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

Don't know how reliable this guy is...

Hrmm ... trading him to the Patriots ... a team they play in week 5 ... what could possibly go wrong?

*starts stretches out his garment rending muscles*

1 minute ago, Woz said:

Hrmm ... trading him to the Patriots ... a team they play in week 5 ... what could possibly go wrong?

*starts stretches out his garment rending muscles*

Yeah, I doubt they'd get anything good from the Pats anyway.  Might be better to just wait out the preseason and see if a desperate team comes knocking.  It's not like we have much to lose by waiting it out.  A 2020 pick can't help us this year.

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

Anyone have a reference to a list of players looking good and not so good?

I've seen Moreland, Quinn, Harmon positives (even Christian recently)

Negatives are Flowers, Alexander

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/stock-report-redskins-defensive-line-soars-while-offensive-line-struggles

(not great that all of the Stock Down crowd are O-Linemen)

https://www.hogshaven.com/2019/7/31/20748533/jay-gruden-redskins-presser-donald-penn-has-to-learn-the-offense-itll-probably-take-him-30-seconds

“It’s been great, it’s been great. Jon, I didn’t really know Jon from Adam, I didn’t really know a lot about him. But him coming in here and taking over as far as – he’s a great communicator, great communicator, knows the defense, you hear him calling out things pre-snap, loud, confidently knowing what to do, that goes a long way. Communication is one of the most important things you can have on defense other than talent. You’ve got to be able to communicate with all the things going on, with formation and personnel groups and he’s been a great surprise for us. Shaun Dion [Hamilton] is coming along on his second year, obviously Cole Holcomb, very, very smart player and instinctive so far, Josh Harvey-Clemons doing a good job, [Marquis] Flowers had a pick-six yesterday, he’s coming along, [B.J.] Blunt as a rookie getting his first reps, doing a good job. It really starts if you have a middle linebacker, that guy has to communicate the defense. He has to communicate the strong right, all the things he’s got to do, coverages, coverage changes if we have them, sometimes we’ll have multiple calls and depending on formation and what play we’re going in to and he’s got to communicate it. He’s been super so far.”

2 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Yeah, I doubt they'd get anything good from the Pats anyway.  Might be better to just wait out the preseason and see if a desperate team comes knocking.  It's not like we have much to lose by waiting it out.  A 2020 pick can't help us this year.

IMO the Pats are a desperate team. After not keeping Brown, their OT position doesn't seem to be in a good place.

They took Isaiah Wynn in round 1, but most people projected him to guard or RT in the NFL, not LT.

5 minutes ago, Woz said:

Title is misleading... Imagine that!

Moses & Scherff have looked good. I haven't heard about Chase Roullier, is he still recovering from his shoulder surgery?

But, I don't think Chase is a problem.

Now the left side of our OL, that's a problem!

Archived